2008 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Review: extremely dissapointed

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Review

extremely dissapointed
By annie53 on

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first brand new car. I was so excited, since my husband bought a 2004 Aveo and was getting a solid 40 mpg. Then, I bought my 2008. From the first week when I wound up with the new tire gauge light lit up. "Really, couldn't they have checked the tires before I picked it up?!?!?" Constant issues with the tire light. Too cold in the morning, lites up, too warm in the afternoon, lites up, and several trips to the dealer when they say nothing is wrong. No matter what I or my husband drove could not get more than 24 mpg in it. Again the dealer said nothing was wrong with it. First set of tires (in both Aveos) needed before 6000 miles. GM put the cheapest garbage they could.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Then, my husbands Aveo lost a timing belt at a little over 60,000 miles. Blew the entire engine. Cost a small fortune and Chevy said it wasn't covered under warranty. I'm approaching 60,000 in my 2008. 60,000 mile service is like $600, which interestingly enough does not include replacement of the belt which is EXPECTED to break after 60,000. I will be buying something else next time!