Excellent Little Car
By twh7458 on
2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
This is definately the lest expensive new car on the market I could find, and one with excellent gas mileage. This car has allowed me to justify easily the purchase of a new car for driving back anf forth to work, about 23 miles one way. With GM's excellent warrantee, better than Honda FIT's and other similar vehicles, I don't have to worry about paying for a tow truck if it breaks down, or paying for a loaner while it sets in a garage, this is part of the warrantee. I don't have to worry about those costly budget busting repairs to a used car, all covered under warrantee. I enjoy the ride especially when I'm getting between 33 and 38 mpg, averaging 36 mpg! Purchased for under $10,000 !
Favorite Features
I like the hatchback feature with the folding rear seats. The heater puts oout hot air quickly and disperses it to the rear passenger area well. Rear wiper and defrost standard along with front and side airbags for driver and passenger. Gas savings the first month more than made my payment.
Suggested Improvements
The affordable SVM model which I have basically has no options. I got to pick the color, Spicy Orange. Have to pay more and get the LS model to get the options. The cheap Am/FM radio is OK for cheep but it at least needs a plug jack for my ipod ! Cruise control is not available either !