Don't buy - poor gas mileage
By Tim in Maryland on
2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
I have been driving this car for 3 months now. I average 22.5 MPG in mostly suburban driving, with a roundtrip distance to work of 20 miles each day. I also use it to deliver papers in every morning, which takes about 30 minutes. I use to do the same routine in a Honda Civic which had a larger engine and got 30 MPG. So I am very disapointed with the fuel economy. Even open road driving you can watch that gas gauge visibly drop. You cannot lock the driver side door except by using the key - this is a pain when you have bundles to carry and/or its raining.
Favorite Features
Yellow exterior stands out and looks good - I wanted the copper color but they don't produce many of those so I had to settle for yellow. I like the hatchback - plenty of head and leg room in front, although not much cargo capacity. Car drives well out on the road, but has poor control in cornering
Suggested Improvements
The layout of the interior radio, ac/heater, and defrost controls is poor. It is all jumbled together and even after 3 months I have to think about where to send my hand to get the control I'm looking for. Redesign the driver side door lock so that it can be locked without using the key.