Best little car for the money bar none.
By Miles on
2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
I went into my local Chevrolet dealer looking for a good used car, ended up buying the 2008 Chevy Aveo. Bottom line price. The actual mileage I get on the highway is not what was stated on the sticker, but all things considered I only have 1k miles on it. Not quite broken in yet. Best mileage 32.47. Not bad for a car I payed $7499.00. Mine is the base model. I highly recommend if you are going to commute which I drive 100 miles a day, get cruise control. I have cruise control on order and send it to chevy tomorrow to get it installed. Small on the outside large on the inside. I am a 5'11" 240lbs. I have enough room in it. Plenty of visual all the way around the car as so I can merge easily.
Favorite Features
Price. The driver side arm rest, clever feature for the commuter. Zippy, easy to drive and park. Fold down seats allows for more cargo room, nice. Rear window wiper blade, nice. Interior has been thought out nicely for such an inexpensive car. Very happy with it all around.
Suggested Improvements
Transmission gearing. I don't think a 6th gear would work. Probably only on flat lands. Engine would be under powered for a 6th gear. The engine revs at 3k r.p.m. at 65 m.p.h. This is the reason for poor fuel economy. Daewoo/Chevrolet re-work the transmission so as to achieve better fuel economy!