2008 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Review: An honest review

2008 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Review

Aveo5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

An honest review
By Clark on

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Aveo hatchback. My 1st was a 2004 (1st year production). It was the automatic and I learned that to get the most out of this vehicle, I should have gotten the 5-speed. I only had this car for 1 year as I traded it on a Honda Element. I regretted it from day one. Anyway, last year (2008) I purchased another Aveo5 LS 5-speed new for $12,000 "out-the-door". It was equipped with factory cruise control and was pinstriped! I now have almost 25,000 miles on it and it still is a great car! I get an honest 35 MPG without the air on and 32 with the air on. I have noticed that on the highway I only get 30 MPG when the cruise is set to 72 MPH. Great car..minor issues covered by warranty.

Great gas mileage, very comfortable (I'm 6', 245 lbs.), very solid, no rattles, original tires still good at 24,000 miles, very reliable, easy oil change, GET THE 5-SPEED and the car becomes FUN. The auto tranny slows response. Great headlights, tracks well, easy to maneuver.

Clutch developed an annoying "click" when being depressed and again when engaging. Window regulator on driver's side skipped a gear when cranking the window up. Dealer fixed both free. This car will "bottom out" with a full tank and 3-4 adults. Needs stronger suspension. Arm rest way to low.