A much under rated car
By Kelly C. Johnson on
2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
I am a car enthusiast who wanted a car that was low in price but would be fun to drive .This car has more than exceeded expectations The car we bought is bright blue , has manual tranny , roll up windows , six speaker upgraded CD radio , optional 15 inch aluminum wheels. Upgrades after purchase include hood protector, custom side moulding, LED tail light bulbs. A local performance shop fabricated a straight thru flowmaster muffler and pipe that bolted onto the original exhaust to give car a bit of a growl and more get up and go. My wife refers to the Aveo as a Flintstones Pedal Car" because it is so small and unadorned with frills. I just love it , best car I have ever owned.
Favorite Features
The Aveo is large on the inside and has a high roof line so my head does not scrape the roof getting in and out. A switch can turn off inside lights even with door open. Great visibility, firm suspension, roll up windows, excellent stereo, top post battery. Simplicity at it's best and fun!
Suggested Improvements
Aveo needs stronger brakes, larger tires, more power and greater fuel ecomomy. A six speed tranny and a 2dr. sport coupe model with more gauges would be a boon for the enthusiast who wants a fun car without having to pay a lot of money.