Used 2008 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Best little car for the money bar none.
By Miles on 12/27/07 11:09 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I went into my local Chevrolet dealer looking for a good used car, ended up buying the 2008 Chevy Aveo. Bottom line price. The actual mileage I get on the highway is not what was stated on the sticker, but all things considered I only have 1k miles on it. Not quite broken in yet. Best mileage 32.47. Not bad for a car I payed $7499.00. Mine is the base model. I highly recommend if you are going to commute which I drive 100 miles a day, get cruise control. I have cruise control on order and send it to chevy tomorrow to get it installed. Small on the outside large on the inside. I am a 5'11" 240lbs. I have enough room in it. Plenty of visual all the way around the car as so I can merge easily.

Time to bet on the little guy
By silentsam on 11/21/07 20:53 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Due to a lengthy commute, I began to look at the economy segment of the auto world. Really like the look of the redesigned Aveo sedan, so I took a test drive at the closest Chevy dealer. Wow, was I caught off guard with this little guy. The one I drove was an 08 LT bright red, with pretty much all the bells and whistles. Leatherette interior (very nice), moonroof (power), auto trans, steering wheel controls, etc etc. Very smooth ride with solid acceleration. Took it out on the highway, and had no problems whatsoever in keeping up. Cabin feels very upscale and roomy. Lots to like on this one, and it has a safe feel to it.

We bought the "Ad car"
By mark on 09/24/07 09:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the bare-bones "loss leader" car that the dealers advertise as "2008 Aveos for $7995!" The price was great, given that we are willing to do without A/C in an around-town car, and prefer the manual 5 speed. The promotional price was way better then the Edmunds invoice or TMV price, even after the dealer's add-on $275 "title fees." We also had to fight to not pay for other dealer add- ons. As expected, this car feels quite underpowered and is noisy, but overall we got more than we expected. The gas mileage is really not as great as everyone says, and is less than the old Escort we traded in. I don't know why it is low, but we can buy a lot of gas with the savings compared to a Yaris.

Fun to drive
By Jon on 06/18/07 08:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We loved are Aveo. Such a nice little car for the price. We drove it from Florida to Michigan and had no problems. Mileage was awesome too.