Used 2008 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Nice car!
By Rayna

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted to write this review due to the fact that people have complained about this lovely car a lot. I got a 08 Chevy Aveo because I needed something better for my job and this car fit perfectly. No it doesn't have the power of a Corvette but if I wanted the power of a Corvette I would have bought one! This car has been getting me from point A to point be and this is a nice family car but sporty looking too!

The exterior looks, comfortable seats, decent trunk space, and the stero rocks!

The cup holders aren't strudy enough and I would like a better storage area in the front between the seats.

I love my "Lil" Car!!
By Lil's Mom

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After paying almost $200 for a tank of gas in my Suburban, I decided it was time to make a change! I wanted a "no frills" car, didn't even know if they made such a thing! When I saw the Aveo5, it was exactly what I was looking for! After the initial shock of switching from a Suburban to this car, I was in love! Drove 2,000 miles the first month just because it is so fun to drive! My monthly payment is less than the cost of one tank of gas in my Suburban! I did have a stereo installed. Couldn't deal with AM/FM...but other than that, I'm as thrilled as can be with my car. Her name is "No Frill Lil"....very basic, but an awesome drive!

I love the fact that the interior is so spacious. You do not feel like you are in a tiny car! Also love the split, fold down rear seats! Also like the fact that you have to use the key to lock the drivers side door! No locked keys in the car this way!

I love my car! Can't think of a thing I'd change!

I expected to hate it!
By TEaK

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Based on other reviews I've read, it seems to me that the people who are most dissatisfied with this car are those who expect to get a Corvette or a Cadillac for the Aveo's price. After my test drive, I was really quite impressed. It's obviously no Corvette, but it accelerates better than I expected. The engine is smooth and the 5 speed transmission is easy to drive. I am 6' tall. I have plenty of head & leg room in both the driver and passenger seats. The seats are firm, but comfortable. I've driven the Aveo for an hour on the highway several times with no comfort problems. The hatchback holds tons of stuff. Taken it to the hardware store and Costco and were able to haul everything we needed.

Price, can't beat this car for the money. Great gas mileage getting about 27 in the city. Surprisingly nice stereo. 5 speed is easy to drive with good clutch feel. Easy to fit into tight parking spots.

Standard cruise and ABS. Lose the Kumho tires. The dealership is on it's third one trying to find one that doesn't make the car pull left. Sturdier cup holders that don't interfere with heat and A/C operation would also be nice. Relocate the "passenger air bag off" light to a less annoying spot.

Best kept secret Aveo
By deucecoupe

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the LT Aveo. What a great suprise. Good looks. Great mileage 27 city 35-39 hwy. Great stereo system. If you want a car that gets graet mileage and you don't want to pay through the nose for it get an Aveo LT with the moon roof, you'll love it..

LT price, looks and mileage. Can get 4 avg size people in it.

Work on more comfortable seats..

Wow! Better than expected!
By Jean

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car was much better than I even expected! It has great power for only a 4 cylinder engine. That is saying a lot. Has chrome areas, built much better than the Chevys I have had in the past which include a Cavalier and a Lumina. I have a sunroof, spoiler, makes it sporty yet still a family car.

Sunroof, chrome areas, has gusto for a little car but not as little as you would think! Stereo sound is great. premium seats are a definite must, and love the charcoal color interior.

Maybe have a better middle console, not much in that line, although I do like the armrest on driver side. Also a better shifter.