2008 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Best Small Car
By Bob on 04/10/08 08:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is one fine small car. Interior comfort and quility is more than expected for a car that cost 8998 with air.The exterior is great to me. I love it.Now as to mileage going back and forth to work and driving around no highway I have gotten over 40 miles to a gallon. I do drive easy but still I think for the cost there is no comparision to other cars in class. This is by far better.I know others would not be better on mileage than this one I own. Best small car I have owned and I have owned Toyota, Honda, Ford, Masda. I think for price I paid and mileage I get this is the cheapest to own don't care how you compute it. Love this car.

Fun 2008 Chevy Aveo
By Rich on 04/03/08 08:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a 5 door hatch in the LS trim in March of 2008. Did lots of research on the car and found it to be as advertised. Gas mileage is roughly 30 on the highway and about 25 city. Not quite as good as I would expect in a vehicle of this size. Aerodynamics are questionable as the vehicle is boxy and this probably leads to some loss of mileage. I took the car on a trip to a surrounding state and found that it did surprisingly well on the highways, even on a very windy day. Cruise control would be a nice addition for higway driving. The interior is surprisingly roomy and 4 people can be fairly comfortable for short hops. This is an excellent commuter car and has some nice features.

Nice car, a few problems
By Amy Voutt on 03/25/08 10:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 2008 Aveo that I purchased in aug 2007 however I have had some problems with it. Not once but twice the struts had to be changed (the same side). And just a month ago it was in the shop for 3 weeks because something happened to my transmission. Now that it is fixed and it is running okay I love it. I get great gas mileage and I love that it has 4 doors. Great for families with a 5 year old like me and still is somewhat sporty. Love the spoiler.

Loaded 4-Door Sedan LT Automatic Trans
By Mark on 02/19/08 22:10 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

With negotiation, rebates and GM card earnings,paid $11,133 for all-option car listing at $17,255. City mileage 26-30mpg;no highway trips yet. I love this little car for what we have been using it for. It is comfortable, and although not a high performer, has plenty of zip for city and highway driving. I am impressed with the build quality,'though carpeting is not dense. Winter mats are $80 for the set, are a custom fit and have good water retention edges. Rear seat a little tight, but rarely used. Mud flaps offer great protection. Modest steering vibration (Engine idle feedback), but no worse than Honda Civic Hybrid. Our other cars are a newer Suburban and Tahoe, Corvette and Ford GT.

Neat Little Car
By Revoc on 02/08/08 14:19 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the Special Value package to be able to park my F150 for the daily commute (90 mi round trip). Bought it for just under $7700 and have been very pleased with it so far. Gas mileage averaging about 29, but that is due to either in-town driving, or 75 MPH highway, very little in between. Can live without AC, will just drive the truck when it's too hot. No big deal on the cheapo radio, easily remedied for $150. Has a few things I wasn't expecting for such a low priced car. Serving its purpose wonderfully, and saving more than its cost in gas as compared to driving my truck! Plus a 100,000 mile drivetrain warranty. Almost forgot how much fun a little 5 speed can be!

Great Little Car
By Bob on 01/28/08 14:19 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Car is much more than expected. Must take into account cost and type of vehicle. All things considered it is a 10 in my book.Milege is better than rated 34 some city and more rural driving no highway. Have to give ten on mileage gets better than rated. Fit and trim inside and out is excellent. Better than other big name small cars I have owned. So far it is the best small car I have owned.

Excellent Little Car
By twh7458 on 01/27/08 03:16 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is definately the lest expensive new car on the market I could find, and one with excellent gas mileage. This car has allowed me to justify easily the purchase of a new car for driving back anf forth to work, about 23 miles one way. With GM's excellent warrantee, better than Honda FIT's and other similar vehicles, I don't have to worry about paying for a tow truck if it breaks down, or paying for a loaner while it sets in a garage, this is part of the warrantee. I don't have to worry about those costly budget busting repairs to a used car, all covered under warrantee. I enjoy the ride especially when I'm getting between 33 and 38 mpg, averaging 36 mpg! Purchased for under $10,000 !

An unrecognized gem of a car
By Jerry on 01/25/08 04:11 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I did my research on this vehicle before I purchased, so I knew what to expect. Great value for the money. I love the car, its lots of fun to drive and I highly recommend it. In regards to fuel economy, oddly the DOT estimates rate this car as 34mpg/24mpg. I have gotten 37 mpg highway and 33 mpg in mixed driving with the 5 speed manual transmission during the winter. I expect to get even better gas mileage during the warmer months. To maximize fuel economy, I would suggest to keep the tachometer at around 1,200-1,500 rpms when shifting gears, and accelerate smoothly, no jack rabbit starts. During highway driving, try to keep the speed between 55 and 60 mph and the tach around 2500 rpms.

Great car
By Bob on 01/17/08 18:23 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned for about a month. Am getting 35+miles to the gallon back and forth to work and around. Rural driving not city not highway. Has been super so far. Truth will be down the road. So far it has been everthing I had hoped for. Better than rated mileage I drive very conservative). Much better fit and finish interior and exterior than 2003 Corrlla that I had. Mileage is better also driving the same way. Was Ford and Toyota person. If keeps going like it is I will stay with GM.

Bought the "Ad Car" for X-Mas
By Yvan on 01/03/08 15:46 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought a bare bones that was advertised on the newspaper. The offer included an extra $1K just by showing up on Dec/24th before 2pm, so I did. It took some time and patience to make the dealer agree, after all I was taking a big deal. Bottom line, $6K + tax, fees, brand new w/ 3mi on the ODO. My "other" car is an Audi S4, so for a daily commuter (100mi/day) the Aveo is impressive, gas savings are huge, build quality is better than expected, suspension is soft and body roll is moderate. Don't try to smoke anybody, unless you use your moving momentum. Brakes are quite good also. This is my 1st "Domestic" car and so far I'm very and impressed and pleased.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.