2008 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Outstanding little car
By Big Kahuna on 05/08/08 07:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I researched everything under $20k. My Aveo is loaded with everything they had and was still sub $15k. What a great car. Small enough to be economical, heavy enough to ride smoothly and quietly. I'm 6'0 275 lbs. Best fit of any car smaller than Chevy Malibu. If you're looking for zoom-zoom, this is not for you. If you want a comfy ride, low road and engine noise, plenty of interior room, upscale accessories and good mileage (I avg. 32) all at a great price, then the Aveo is your ride. Much better than Yaris, Scion, Versa, Fit. There are some bad reviews out there, but that's true with any car. I have been a Toyota believer for 30 yrs. The Aveo beats every other small car hands down!

Poor gas mileage, very dissappointed
By none on 05/07/08 17:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for the gas mileage. I drive at least 30 miles a day in my commute to work 6 days a week. Supposedly it gets 33 mpg highway. I drive the express lanes at 60 mph every day with 2 to 3 miles of my commute on surface streets. I am getting between 22 to 24 mpg consistently. I am very disappointed. My son is 6 foot tall and even with the seat all the way back his legs are almost resting on the steering wheel. It comes with an arm rest which is so far back in the seat it barely reaches my hip and is so low that I can only rest my wrist on it if I reach behind me. As far as driving goes it is easy to drive. I have to fill up every 4 days. My other car went 1 1/2 weeks per fill up.

Initial ownership observations
By SVM H-back on 05/04/08 10:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I would recommend this car to others based on initial driving. It has exceeded my expectations, which were for a small, simple, economical car. First tank of gas off the dealer's lot in 60/40 highway/city driving for 2 different drivers yielded 32.8 mpg. Haven't owned it long enough to rate build and reliability. For an economy car, I find the engine performance more than adequate, although not fast. 65mph comes in at just under 3000rpm. Ride is comfortable for a small car. Like the forward dash and high ceilings, which create greater interior room. Initially looked for used, but price of a new (with A/C installed by dealer) came in within budget.

Happier than ever
By excellent car on 05/03/08 12:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is the kind of car that these manufacturers are producing. Good on gas, drives like a big car, fun to drive, most specially, very practical. For a single mom like me, there is no car in the market that is comparable with the quality, prize for your money and so far no major problem. I just follow the maintenance schedule and voila, the car just simply perform and does its job. I will highly recommend this as a good buy

I love this small car!
By Bob on 05/01/08 17:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned about 6 months, 6000+ miles. Was impressed when I bought and even more so now. Fit and finish inside and out is still excellent. No new noise or vibrations. Still tight and solid. I am 6 ft 1 in tall weigh 265 lbs. I am very comfortable. The ride is super for such a small cheap (cost not build) car. Was getting 39 to 41 mpg driving very conservitive. Tried driving more agressive and still got 37 mpg. This is with some city more country driving with stops. No highway. Based only on my experence it is the best small car I have ever owned. Have had Toyota, Honda, Ford, Mazda. Am 52 years old. Had a lot of cars. I hope everyone finds a car they like as much as I do this one.

A much under rated car
By Kelly C. Johnson on 05/01/08 17:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am a car enthusiast who wanted a car that was low in price but would be fun to drive .This car has more than exceeded expectations The car we bought is bright blue , has manual tranny , roll up windows , six speaker upgraded CD radio , optional 15 inch aluminum wheels. Upgrades after purchase include hood protector, custom side moulding, LED tail light bulbs. A local performance shop fabricated a straight thru flowmaster muffler and pipe that bolted onto the original exhaust to give car a bit of a growl and more get up and go. My wife refers to the Aveo as a Flintstones Pedal Car" because it is so small and unadorned with frills. I just love it , best car I have ever owned.

Truly an American Revolution
By JW on 04/28/08 13:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

If you are looking for a great quality affordable car. The Aveo LS Sedan is the best! The gas mileage for me is 33hwy and 27city. It is so affordable and for it to cost so low it really looks nice from the inside out. The design of the Euro lights to the cool sound of the six Speakers built inside. The seats are pure comfort and the Woodgrain adds a very nice touch. If you do lots of traveling then you would really want to consider this pick. Its drives very smooth and you do not hear much outside noise. This is my first time owning an American car, and the way I see it if you pick the Aveo you will forever be a Chevy fan!

Great Car, 1st Chevy
By Maurice on 04/27/08 19:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is one fine small car. Interior comfort and quility is more than expected for a car this size. The exterior is great to me. I love it. Now as to mileage going back and forth to work and driving around, I have gotten over 40 miles to a gallon. I do drive easy but still I think for the cost there is no comparision to other cars in class. This is by far better. I know others would not be better on mileage than this one I own. Best small car I have owned. I think for price I paid and mileage I get this is the cheapest to own don't care how you compute it. Love this car.

This is a great car
By jason on 04/17/08 06:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been better than expected. Lots of room very nice ride and gas mileage has been outstanding the first tank we got 33.1. I have an 85 mile daily commute 75 hyw and it averages 33-37 mpg all the time and its an auto trans. Saved thousands over Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. Drove them all and this car is just as good.

Great Value!
By Ilkster on 04/16/08 02:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a great value for the price. It has excellent reliablity and is a great commuter car. I do a lot of driving and this car is perfect for it. It has a nice European stling and look to it. Would recommend it for someone that does alot of driving.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.