Used 2008 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Good Car but has some issues....
By mollys

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car for people who drive a lot. It is comfortable and reliable and the gas price is excellent especially if you get the federal reimbursement rate. I am having trouble with the front tires wearing unevenly on the outsides. Just be aware that I have 28,000 miles on this car and bought it brand new with 13 miles. I am on the second set of tires and will be needing new ones to pass state inspection. Another Oveo driver I know has the same problem also. The tires are rotated and balanced appropriately. Just be aware you may need tires yearly. I have not had any other problem with the car besides this.

The back seats folding up against the front for extra room. The seats have scotch guard so spills are easy to clean. The gas mileage is great.

The tires need to wear evenly. There should be a second arm rest. Air conditioning should come stock as well as CD player.

Looking forward to keeping this car!
By drnhrtwl

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a college student and this is definitely great for that. I bought it new. Once I got an oil change and rotated the tires it drove like a dream. It survived a harsh winter and still holds up. You might need better tires for the snow. I wish the speaker system was a bit better. Also there's a design flaw that causes the windshield to whistle from an air pocket when I drive on the highway. Also the check engine light is on and I've only had the car for a year. The car is really roomy despite its outward appearance. It's definitely a good car. Oh yeah, amazing gas mileage! Saves me money!

Glasses holder, Nice open dashboard.

Make the speaker system better!

At first this was a great car...
By Ashley

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely loved this car at first. It was the first car I had ever bought in which I picked it out and everything. It was the perfect color-- blue my favorite! And great gas mileage, I got 35 mpgs which was great for commuting to school... But within 5 days I had to take it back to the dealer for the sensors coming on and the gas gauge not working. I also have had two problems with the "shift-lock release" first the solenoid was replaced then, last week, the whole shifting column! I have had the car less than a year! Before this, I owned a Toyota and a Ford and I was never disappointed and now I know I never should have gotten a Chevy aveo.

The color, gas mileage, warranty, the brakes are good too...

check the shifter before you release it in the car, put better quality fabric the cloth interior shows even water droplets, armrest, cupholders could be better. also i feel like i might be wiped off the road in this car when on the highway and the wind is blowing, make it a lil heavier.

watch tune up's & timing belt
By little red

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife & I love the car even after downsizing from a mid-size auto. I was shocked when I was told about the car requires a 400.00 tune-up, coolant change every 36000 miles and a new timing belt after 60000. Dealer never mention that at the time of sale!!! Other than those items the auto is nice for the $$$$$$

Excellent warranty as far as the road side maintenance.

Better suspension, better odometer read-out hard to see?? roadside buzzing noise clear this and aveo's a winner

Most economical car is based on price.
By Ron Wagner

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this LS with air and auto for $9,340. We have been looking at Aveos since they came out. We love the way they sit. They sit high, so you don't have to fall into the seat and clamber out. The mpg is disappointing so far. Just 22 mpg city. I figure I can afford at least $10,000 worth of gasoline before I reach the price of a hybrid. I don't think that the hybrids would ever match the overall economy. We really do like this car. It could be a little wider for large people though, and I don't understand why little cars don't have arm rests for both front seats, or one that is big enough for both people. Right now, I would say go for the best priced non hybrid to save the most money.

Price. High sitting seats. Great lumbar support. Audio input jack.

One large, two person arm rest. Larger gas tank.