2008 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Aveo
By K on 07/18/08 20:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love it. I purchased an Aveo for a work/travel car and price and fuel economy made me take a look at it. So far I am extremely impressed. It won't win many races, but is peppy. It is capable of getting more mpgs than 33mpg/gallon. A great value, but is realy a basic car. If you want good value and basic transportation you cant beat it. My neighbor likes it better than his Honda Civic!

Appreciated
By mark on 06/25/08 13:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

All in all this car is fun to drive, lots of room. Found it in no way cramped even though I am over 6 ft tall. Small but makes you think you are in larger car. Great value for what you get! Paid more for my bike then this car. Great for my long commutes to the oil sands.

You get what you pay for
By Dr Evil on 06/14/08 01:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

If you're looking for a small car with good features and good gas mileage this is a good choice. Lots of room big trunk and fun to drive. If your looking for a pocket rocket shop else where. It does what it is supposed to at a good price. Would recommend.

A good first car
By Monica on 06/05/08 13:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first car and I couldn't ask for anything better. It's affordable and very reliable. I've only had it for 2 months but it's been wonderful. As of now I only average 18 mpg, but it's brand new. After I break it in I hope to average at least 24 mpg. Otherwise they'll need to be more honest about the actual mileage.

Better then Hyundai Accent
By Craig on 06/03/08 09:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a great car and it does have a good amount of pick-up. The price for the car is good. The interior carpet is a little cheap looking and feeling. I also have a Hyundai Accent hatchback SE 2007 which is lemon lawed and being bought back. I would like to see this car with 4 disc breaks rather then 2 but what can you do. I would also like a different color opt for inter leather (black). This is a opt for 2009. I did a few things with this car to make it stand out. I had the break calipers panted Chevy orange also tinted 20% with auto start and mobile in dash DVD

Awesome little car
By Ashley on 06/02/08 12:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had this car about 2 months, but I was in love with it from the start. My boyfriend begs to drive it any chance he gets. It is very fuel efficient, I have the optional automatic transmission, with the average for me being 27 mpg (all city. I am happy with this car and would recommened it to any asking.

Great performance for the money
By fos4snt on 06/01/08 09:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a car with good gas mileage and enough room inside for my 12 year old son who is now 5'11 1/2" tall. He needs room to grow over the next 3-4 years of anticipated ownership and is supposed to end up about 6'6" tall! We checked out a variety of cars in the similar class, with fuel efficiency & cabin size being the #1 priorities. Not only does the Aveo offer ample headroom and decent leg space for a compact car, but it's paying for itself! The reduced insurance cost, improved gas mileage and decent styling led us to this car. Our former car was an Xterra, and there is as much interior cabin space in this tiny Aveo as we had before - but more then twice the MPG's.

Try it for yourself!
By Bob on 05/29/08 12:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have seen just a few reviews that dont like the Aveo. I have had mine six months and some of the complaints are hard to understand. Gas mileage and room are the two that bother me most. Only a few have written but I would like to say I get 36 to 41+ driving country roads and some city. No highway. I am 6 ft 1 in tall weigh 265 pounds and it is more room than I need. My nephew is 6 ft 5 in tall and he has no problem at all. I have 7000+ miles on my car and I love it. So all I can say is try it out make your own decision. It is by far the least inexpensive. I paid $8998 with air. Super car to me.

Don't buy - poor gas mileage
By Tim in Maryland on 05/11/08 04:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have been driving this car for 3 months now. I average 22.5 MPG in mostly suburban driving, with a roundtrip distance to work of 20 miles each day. I also use it to deliver papers in every morning, which takes about 30 minutes. I use to do the same routine in a Honda Civic which had a larger engine and got 30 MPG. So I am very disapointed with the fuel economy. Even open road driving you can watch that gas gauge visibly drop. You cannot lock the driver side door except by using the key - this is a pain when you have bundles to carry and/or its raining.

Super Kid Car
By robinfla1 on 05/08/08 12:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this to replace a Ford Explored the daughter was driving to college. The Exploder was costing me $75 a week in gas. The Aveo (Buttercup) as she calls it run me $30 a week. She can fit her large drum set in it, and all her junk. It's a great little car, and a super value for the money. 12K tax and tag.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.