Used 2008 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Nice window
By Amanda

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I had had my chevy aveo for 1 year and I placed my dog in the back seat and shut the door. I than proceed to the drivers side and I noticed that the hatchback window shattered and it cost $1000 to replace. I think that the cars parts are cheaply designed and are very expensive to replace. The gas mileage is great and the space for a small 4 door car is great but other than those 2 things I think the car is cheaply made and not a reliable car.

Suggested Improvements

Windows should be a part of warranty if they are more than $500 dollars

Go for some other car
By Rodolfo

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Like a toy car. Everything is plastic and cheap. Minor but constant and annoying issues with brake lights, hatchback lock, pulls left. Chevrolet's expensive and mediocre technical service. Fuel consumption is disappointing. Manual gearbox feels "sticky" and slow. Overall mediocre car. Boring, cheap feeling, noisy.

Favorite Features

Color

Suggested Improvements

GM should be able to build better small cars

Don't buy Chevy!!!!!
By rskinner

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car has been falling apart since we got it. The radio didn't work since day 1! The bolt that holds the car together fell off. There is only 18,000 miles on the car. I don't believe it should be falling apart so quickly. This car has been in the shop 3 times this month alone. At 10,000 miles it already had a leak in the motor! Don't buy Chevy! I know we won't from here on out! What a bunch of lemons!

Worst car I have ever owned
By Ane

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car reminds me of a slow horse. I probably would have been better off buying a horse! It has very poor pick up. It is very uncomfortable. Can't drive more than 30 miles without a backache or knees killing you. I put more gas in this car than I did in my van and NO I DON'T DRIVE MORE! I have to stop for gas alot more though. I hate this car. DO NOT BUY ONE unless you are looking for a car for the new driver in your house for school and a part time job. Overpriced for the quality. Oh and did I say how much I hate this car? The intermittent wipers are too fast! Good God

Favorite Features

NONE

Suggested Improvements

Improve by not building anymore, or better seating better wipers and do not lie about the MPG's!!!!!

sorry i bought it
By everett

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

When gas prices started rising we decided to buy an economy car. The Aveo was advertised at getting app. 34 mpg. This car is not what we expected. It has a slow jumpy start until it warms up, it only gets 17 to 18 mpg. The accelerator acts like its stuck wide open when it is started for the first time in the mornings. I have been told by the dealer that the engine is performing the way it was designed to.Most of my driving is to and from work, which is a 40 mile round trip. The gas mileage does not vary if my driving is on the highway or in town with a lot of starts and stops.

Favorite Features

I like the easy to clean seat covers.

Suggested Improvements

Door locks that could be locked without having to use the key.