Used 2008 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Still Fine after 2 Years
By satisfiedowner

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Its been just over 2 years, 23k miles and the "newness" has worn off. Other than that nothing has changed (See my previous review "ok after 1 year"). Still very satisfied with this car. No problems. Peppy, tight and dependable. Looking forward to the next generation. Hope GM builds sensibly on this foundation.

I love it!!!
By Bob from PA

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car to drive to and from work,35 miles 1 way. I've owned the car for 1-1/2 years now and have 30,000 miles racked up. On average I get 39+ MPG with summer tires, and 35 MPG with winter tires. Both more than the advertised 34 MPG, WOOHOO. For 10,754.14 out the door and delivered to my place of work, you'll not get a better deal. I'm 5'11" and 300+ pounds and have plenty of room. The tires do wear a little odd, and the paint has worn off right in front of the rear doors and rocker panels from winter driving. The arm rest are in awkward positions. All in all, I LOVE IT!!!

39+ MPG. Price. Fun to drive. The looks I get from people whenever I get out.

Paint wear, I've noticed on several Aveos. Maybe an aerodynamic flaw. IDK. Arm rest on the doors are to low. The pros outweigh the cons by far. If you want an inexpensive reliable car, this is it. 1 thing to remember your buying the least expensive car on the road. You can't compare it to a Caddy.

Nice window
By Amanda

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I had had my chevy aveo for 1 year and I placed my dog in the back seat and shut the door. I than proceed to the drivers side and I noticed that the hatchback window shattered and it cost $1000 to replace. I think that the cars parts are cheaply designed and are very expensive to replace. The gas mileage is great and the space for a small 4 door car is great but other than those 2 things I think the car is cheaply made and not a reliable car.

Windows should be a part of warranty if they are more than $500 dollars

Go for some other car
By Rodolfo

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Like a toy car. Everything is plastic and cheap. Minor but constant and annoying issues with brake lights, hatchback lock, pulls left. Chevrolet's expensive and mediocre technical service. Fuel consumption is disappointing. Manual gearbox feels "sticky" and slow. Overall mediocre car. Boring, cheap feeling, noisy.

Color

GM should be able to build better small cars

Don't buy Chevy!!!!!
By rskinner

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car has been falling apart since we got it. The radio didn't work since day 1! The bolt that holds the car together fell off. There is only 18,000 miles on the car. I don't believe it should be falling apart so quickly. This car has been in the shop 3 times this month alone. At 10,000 miles it already had a leak in the motor! Don't buy Chevy! I know we won't from here on out! What a bunch of lemons!