2008 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Nice car!
By Rayna on 10/13/08 18:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted to write this review due to the fact that people have complained about this lovely car a lot. I got a 08 Chevy Aveo because I needed something better for my job and this car fit perfectly. No it doesn't have the power of a Corvette but if I wanted the power of a Corvette I would have bought one! This car has been getting me from point A to point be and this is a nice family car but sporty looking too!

I love my "Lil" Car!!
By Lil's Mom on 10/11/08 21:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After paying almost $200 for a tank of gas in my Suburban, I decided it was time to make a change! I wanted a "no frills" car, didn't even know if they made such a thing! When I saw the Aveo5, it was exactly what I was looking for! After the initial shock of switching from a Suburban to this car, I was in love! Drove 2,000 miles the first month just because it is so fun to drive! My monthly payment is less than the cost of one tank of gas in my Suburban! I did have a stereo installed. Couldn't deal with AM/FM...but other than that, I'm as thrilled as can be with my car. Her name is "No Frill Lil"....very basic, but an awesome drive!

I expected to hate it!
By TEaK on 09/21/08 20:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Based on other reviews I've read, it seems to me that the people who are most dissatisfied with this car are those who expect to get a Corvette or a Cadillac for the Aveo's price. After my test drive, I was really quite impressed. It's obviously no Corvette, but it accelerates better than I expected. The engine is smooth and the 5 speed transmission is easy to drive. I am 6' tall. I have plenty of head & leg room in both the driver and passenger seats. The seats are firm, but comfortable. I've driven the Aveo for an hour on the highway several times with no comfort problems. The hatchback holds tons of stuff. Taken it to the hardware store and Costco and were able to haul everything we needed.

Best kept secret Aveo
By deucecoupe on 09/07/08 07:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the LT Aveo. What a great suprise. Good looks. Great mileage 27 city 35-39 hwy. Great stereo system. If you want a car that gets graet mileage and you don't want to pay through the nose for it get an Aveo LT with the moon roof, you'll love it..

Wow! Better than expected!
By Jean on 08/25/08 17:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car was much better than I even expected! It has great power for only a 4 cylinder engine. That is saying a lot. Has chrome areas, built much better than the Chevys I have had in the past which include a Cavalier and a Lumina. I have a sunroof, spoiler, makes it sporty yet still a family car.

Great for the money
By Michael on 08/17/08 17:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great car for the money. Honest! We've got the manual loaded with the sunroof/moonroof. Not the most fun car I've ever bought but a great one. I needed a cheap car that got good gas mileage. I wanted a hybrid but figured that extra $8-13 grand would buy a lot of gas at $4 a gallon. I've owned this for 10 months (took in once for a sensor, fixed that day) and only have 7,500 miles. If you drive it gently (Yeh, not my style either) you'll get the estimated mileage or slightly better. I'll never call this a "fun" ride, but I'll always call it a smart ride. Need more fun, room, or "style", then spend the money. Need around 200 or-less miles a week and real economy, give an Aveo a look.

From a very satisfied purchaser
By Aveo LS on 08/14/08 02:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Aveo in Sept 2007 when I traded in my 2005 Cobolt. Have driven 11,00+ miles in all road conditions, weather conditions, both highway and city. I couldn't be more pleased with the way it handles, reliability, gas mileage and appearance. I have received numerous compliments on it. I can't understand why I don't see more of them on the road and why they are advertised very little. I would recommend this car to anybody and in fact have done so.

Small and Simple... I like it
By Grizz on 08/10/08 07:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was planning to buy a Toyota Yaris but stopped to look at the Aveo and got it instead. I liked the 4 door and the price was thousands less. I got the 5 speed and wish I had the auto. I added cruise control and use the car for hiway driving. I can get 40mpg on long distances, but generally average about 36mpg. Worst thing is the sloppy shifter and hard seats. Lots of best things: Easier to get in & out of than my Buick, 4 doors, great mpg, easy to park and do u-turns, very simple interior controls.

Aveo Is A Suprise
By Kajunman on 07/30/08 18:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I had to purchase a vehicle for work that didn't leave me nothing in the bank. I drive all day, and love this car. If you want bang for buck this is the car. Not only practical, but suprisingly all around good vehicle. It is fun to drive and has some zip to it. The best head room for a small car. Great MPG's, Good looking car, Fun to drive. Highly recomend checking it out. I chose this vehicle over Honda, Toyota, or Ford. Test drove them all.

Best in show for price
By phil on 07/23/08 23:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car three weeks ago and I havent looked back. I bought the Value Special stickered for $10,700. I paid $7700. There is no car anywhere close to this price that performs this well. I don't feel buying this car loaded is a smart deal at $14,500. But at $11K to $8K you cant go wrong. Rides nice. front seats fit me great. Great 5 speed transmission. Shifts smooth. Good fit and well I think it is fun to drive. I drive 300 miles a week for work and spend around $36 to $38 in gas a week. Payments are low, gas bills are low. What is not to like. Sure there are nicer cars out there but at twice the price.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.