2008 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Good Car but has some issues....
By mollys on 07/21/09 12:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car for people who drive a lot. It is comfortable and reliable and the gas price is excellent especially if you get the federal reimbursement rate. I am having trouble with the front tires wearing unevenly on the outsides. Just be aware that I have 28,000 miles on this car and bought it brand new with 13 miles. I am on the second set of tires and will be needing new ones to pass state inspection. Another Oveo driver I know has the same problem also. The tires are rotated and balanced appropriately. Just be aware you may need tires yearly. I have not had any other problem with the car besides this.

Looking forward to keeping this car!
By drnhrtwl on 06/26/09 22:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a college student and this is definitely great for that. I bought it new. Once I got an oil change and rotated the tires it drove like a dream. It survived a harsh winter and still holds up. You might need better tires for the snow. I wish the speaker system was a bit better. Also there's a design flaw that causes the windshield to whistle from an air pocket when I drive on the highway. Also the check engine light is on and I've only had the car for a year. The car is really roomy despite its outward appearance. It's definitely a good car. Oh yeah, amazing gas mileage! Saves me money!

At first this was a great car...
By Ashley on 05/17/09 20:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely loved this car at first. It was the first car I had ever bought in which I picked it out and everything. It was the perfect color-- blue my favorite! And great gas mileage, I got 35 mpgs which was great for commuting to school... But within 5 days I had to take it back to the dealer for the sensors coming on and the gas gauge not working. I also have had two problems with the "shift-lock release" first the solenoid was replaced then, last week, the whole shifting column! I have had the car less than a year! Before this, I owned a Toyota and a Ford and I was never disappointed and now I know I never should have gotten a Chevy aveo.

watch tune up's & timing belt
By little red on 04/17/09 13:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife & I love the car even after downsizing from a mid-size auto. I was shocked when I was told about the car requires a 400.00 tune-up, coolant change every 36000 miles and a new timing belt after 60000. Dealer never mention that at the time of sale!!! Other than those items the auto is nice for the $$$$$$

Most economical car is based on price.
By Ron Wagner on 03/23/09 20:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this LS with air and auto for $9,340. We have been looking at Aveos since they came out. We love the way they sit. They sit high, so you don't have to fall into the seat and clamber out. The mpg is disappointing so far. Just 22 mpg city. I figure I can afford at least $10,000 worth of gasoline before I reach the price of a hybrid. I don't think that the hybrids would ever match the overall economy. We really do like this car. It could be a little wider for large people though, and I don't understand why little cars don't have arm rests for both front seats, or one that is big enough for both people. Right now, I would say go for the best priced non hybrid to save the most money.

Can't Complain!
By MIkey on 02/17/09 06:56 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

29,000 miles and doing exactly what is expected of it, with no issues. Auto averages 29 mpg in WV terrain. The door does lock without the key! Just lock the door then hold out on the door handle when you shut-it and it'll stay locked. A little word of advice for those of you who are planning on owning for a good while. Keep the pil changed and use good quality oil. The oil pick-up tubes in these engines are very small and will sludge-up creating a blow-by which will cause the exhaust to smoke and loss of oil, power, and potential over heating, and small engines don't like being overheated.

OK After One Year
By Satisfiedowner on 01/01/09 09:10 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

If money were no object, some relatively minor improvments would make the Aveo a contender. So, for the price paid ($10,400 brand new off the lot!), this car was a fantastic deal. Since new, and now with 11,000 miles, only two minor problems: a tire pressure sensor went on one wheel. No biggie. This was repaired by the dealer with no issues. Developed a front-end shudder due to improper lug torque on both front wheels. Again, an easy fix. Design and build quality is excellent. Seams are even and tight. Not a squeak or rattle has developed. Motor remains perky and trouble-free (easy starts, no stalls). There is a buzz in the gas pedal over 60 mph, but have learned to deal with it.

Fun Car to Drive
By Rox on 12/23/08 16:19 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Averaging 28mpg with mixed highway and city driving. Sound system good, rides nice, my son loves it. He can't wait to drive it and he's 12. Only issue is the tire pressure monitor comes on when temps go below 20 degrees (gotta love New England)

Great Small Car
By maroguy1 on 12/16/08 17:24 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car as a winter/mileage maker instead of driving my 05 GTO. I average 35 mpg on country road driving. The price and warranty were excellent. I paid under 8k with incentives. If you are looking for a cheap reliable car with 100k mile warranty this is it!

Good Bang For The Buck
By SAM on 10/30/08 10:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car not only was darned cheap to buy, it also has proven to be dependable. It's also surprisingly roomy and pretty quiet. For basic transportation, this about as good as it gets. I used to be very wary of Korean-built cars, but I"m sold on this one.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.