2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Can't Complain!
By MIkey on 02/17/09 06:56 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

29,000 miles and doing exactly what is expected of it, with no issues. Auto averages 29 mpg in WV terrain. The door does lock without the key! Just lock the door then hold out on the door handle when you shut-it and it'll stay locked. A little word of advice for those of you who are planning on owning for a good while. Keep the pil changed and use good quality oil. The oil pick-up tubes in these engines are very small and will sludge-up creating a blow-by which will cause the exhaust to smoke and loss of oil, power, and potential over heating, and small engines don't like being overheated.

OK After One Year
By Satisfiedowner on 01/01/09 09:10 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

If money were no object, some relatively minor improvments would make the Aveo a contender. So, for the price paid ($10,400 brand new off the lot!), this car was a fantastic deal. Since new, and now with 11,000 miles, only two minor problems: a tire pressure sensor went on one wheel. No biggie. This was repaired by the dealer with no issues. Developed a front-end shudder due to improper lug torque on both front wheels. Again, an easy fix. Design and build quality is excellent. Seams are even and tight. Not a squeak or rattle has developed. Motor remains perky and trouble-free (easy starts, no stalls). There is a buzz in the gas pedal over 60 mph, but have learned to deal with it.

Fun Car to Drive
By Rox on 12/23/08 16:19 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Averaging 28mpg with mixed highway and city driving. Sound system good, rides nice, my son loves it. He can't wait to drive it and he's 12. Only issue is the tire pressure monitor comes on when temps go below 20 degrees (gotta love New England)

Good Bang For The Buck
By SAM on 10/30/08 10:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car not only was darned cheap to buy, it also has proven to be dependable. It's also surprisingly roomy and pretty quiet. For basic transportation, this about as good as it gets. I used to be very wary of Korean-built cars, but I"m sold on this one.

Nice car!
By Rayna on 10/13/08 18:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted to write this review due to the fact that people have complained about this lovely car a lot. I got a 08 Chevy Aveo because I needed something better for my job and this car fit perfectly. No it doesn't have the power of a Corvette but if I wanted the power of a Corvette I would have bought one! This car has been getting me from point A to point be and this is a nice family car but sporty looking too!

Best kept secret Aveo
By deucecoupe on 09/07/08 07:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the LT Aveo. What a great suprise. Good looks. Great mileage 27 city 35-39 hwy. Great stereo system. If you want a car that gets graet mileage and you don't want to pay through the nose for it get an Aveo LT with the moon roof, you'll love it..

Wow! Better than expected!
By Jean on 08/25/08 17:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car was much better than I even expected! It has great power for only a 4 cylinder engine. That is saying a lot. Has chrome areas, built much better than the Chevys I have had in the past which include a Cavalier and a Lumina. I have a sunroof, spoiler, makes it sporty yet still a family car.

Great for the money
By Michael on 08/17/08 17:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great car for the money. Honest! We've got the manual loaded with the sunroof/moonroof. Not the most fun car I've ever bought but a great one. I needed a cheap car that got good gas mileage. I wanted a hybrid but figured that extra $8-13 grand would buy a lot of gas at $4 a gallon. I've owned this for 10 months (took in once for a sensor, fixed that day) and only have 7,500 miles. If you drive it gently (Yeh, not my style either) you'll get the estimated mileage or slightly better. I'll never call this a "fun" ride, but I'll always call it a smart ride. Need more fun, room, or "style", then spend the money. Need around 200 or-less miles a week and real economy, give an Aveo a look.

From a very satisfied purchaser
By Aveo LS on 08/14/08 02:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Aveo in Sept 2007 when I traded in my 2005 Cobolt. Have driven 11,00+ miles in all road conditions, weather conditions, both highway and city. I couldn't be more pleased with the way it handles, reliability, gas mileage and appearance. I have received numerous compliments on it. I can't understand why I don't see more of them on the road and why they are advertised very little. I would recommend this car to anybody and in fact have done so.

Aveo Is A Suprise
By Kajunman on 07/30/08 18:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I had to purchase a vehicle for work that didn't leave me nothing in the bank. I drive all day, and love this car. If you want bang for buck this is the car. Not only practical, but suprisingly all around good vehicle. It is fun to drive and has some zip to it. The best head room for a small car. Great MPG's, Good looking car, Fun to drive. Highly recomend checking it out. I chose this vehicle over Honda, Toyota, or Ford. Test drove them all.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.