Used 2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Hope they improved it.
By Gary Z

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Car is too light to drive at Atlanta interstate commute speeds - tires squeal at normal I-20 speeds or in ANY crosswind - had dealer check it out, and he admitted that the car's weight is the problem. The Kumho 722's began hydroplaning in normal rain at < 30k miles, replaced with Generals, hydroplaning problem fixed, but still wants to leave road at Interstate speed. Had right headlight fail at 18 mos old - 'way too soon for something like that. Then had HVAC blower fan motor blow its resistor after only 7 mos on road, and again at 18 mos on road, before they figured out that the motor was the problem, not fuses and resistors.

Favorite Features

I drive a lot, so I wanted a 'throw away' commuter car. Price, fuel economy (I avg 32 mpg) and interior ergonomics make it an ideal candidate for this.

Suggested Improvements

I realize the great mileage is due to being light weight, but seriously, it shouldn't be threatening to leave the road with a mild cross-BREEZE or at 70 mph. The car needs to be lowered or some sort of air dam needs to be added. I would not let my teenage kid drive this car.

So far, so goo.
By AveoDriver

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, I love my Aveo. I keep reading negative reviews and find it very frustrating. It's an economy car, not a corvette. I'm just over 33,000 miles and have had no major problems. I changed the tires at 31,000 and leaves have got caught in a tube underneath the vehicle, creating a noise when the AC is on. The dealership cleared everything out on both occasions quickly and without cost. The interior has plenty of space and you can fit quite a bit when the seats are folded down. The fuel efficiency is great and the manual transmission is fun to drive. I've been on several 8+ hour road trips in this car and have been very comfortable. So far so good. I hope this car lasts for many years.

Favorite Features

The roomy interior, mpg, stylish exterior.

Suggested Improvements

So far no problems.

Great Car
By Dee

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have read some of the reviews and totally disagree with them. I have had my Aveo for almost three years now and has had no problem with it. Everything still works like new and nothing but the windsheild wipers have been replaced so far. The gas millage is great and doesn't cost alot to fill. I drive all over the city daily and a full tank last me almost a full 7 day week. the only problem I have with the car is adjusting to the anti-lock breaks. The car is great for a 1st car or for a college student like me. The car also has alot of room because I have moved several times with it. You can fit a stroller, laundry basket, under bed toat and bags of clothes in the trunk at 1 time. That's a lot.

Favorite Features

the radiom, gas millage, swiftness, easy to drive, and compact.

Suggested Improvements

none my care is still like new.

Still Fine after 2 Years
By satisfiedowner

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Its been just over 2 years, 23k miles and the "newness" has worn off. Other than that nothing has changed (See my previous review "ok after 1 year"). Still very satisfied with this car. No problems. Peppy, tight and dependable. Looking forward to the next generation. Hope GM builds sensibly on this foundation.

Don't buy Chevy!!!!!
By rskinner

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car has been falling apart since we got it. The radio didn't work since day 1! The bolt that holds the car together fell off. There is only 18,000 miles on the car. I don't believe it should be falling apart so quickly. This car has been in the shop 3 times this month alone. At 10,000 miles it already had a leak in the motor! Don't buy Chevy! I know we won't from here on out! What a bunch of lemons!