2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Hope they improved it.
By Gary Z on 04/14/10 07:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Car is too light to drive at Atlanta interstate commute speeds - tires squeal at normal I-20 speeds or in ANY crosswind - had dealer check it out, and he admitted that the car's weight is the problem. The Kumho 722's began hydroplaning in normal rain at < 30k miles, replaced with Generals, hydroplaning problem fixed, but still wants to leave road at Interstate speed. Had right headlight fail at 18 mos old - 'way too soon for something like that. Then had HVAC blower fan motor blow its resistor after only 7 mos on road, and again at 18 mos on road, before they figured out that the motor was the problem, not fuses and resistors.

So far, so goo.
By AveoDriver on 04/11/10 18:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, I love my Aveo. I keep reading negative reviews and find it very frustrating. It's an economy car, not a corvette. I'm just over 33,000 miles and have had no major problems. I changed the tires at 31,000 and leaves have got caught in a tube underneath the vehicle, creating a noise when the AC is on. The dealership cleared everything out on both occasions quickly and without cost. The interior has plenty of space and you can fit quite a bit when the seats are folded down. The fuel efficiency is great and the manual transmission is fun to drive. I've been on several 8+ hour road trips in this car and have been very comfortable. So far so good. I hope this car lasts for many years.

Great Car
By Dee on 02/11/10 13:17 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have read some of the reviews and totally disagree with them. I have had my Aveo for almost three years now and has had no problem with it. Everything still works like new and nothing but the windsheild wipers have been replaced so far. The gas millage is great and doesn't cost alot to fill. I drive all over the city daily and a full tank last me almost a full 7 day week. the only problem I have with the car is adjusting to the anti-lock breaks. The car is great for a 1st car or for a college student like me. The car also has alot of room because I have moved several times with it. You can fit a stroller, laundry basket, under bed toat and bags of clothes in the trunk at 1 time. That's a lot.

Still Fine after 2 Years
By satisfiedowner on 01/15/10 04:21 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Its been just over 2 years, 23k miles and the "newness" has worn off. Other than that nothing has changed (See my previous review "ok after 1 year"). Still very satisfied with this car. No problems. Peppy, tight and dependable. Looking forward to the next generation. Hope GM builds sensibly on this foundation.

Don't buy Chevy!!!!!
By rskinner on 10/30/09 07:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car has been falling apart since we got it. The radio didn't work since day 1! The bolt that holds the car together fell off. There is only 18,000 miles on the car. I don't believe it should be falling apart so quickly. This car has been in the shop 3 times this month alone. At 10,000 miles it already had a leak in the motor! Don't buy Chevy! I know we won't from here on out! What a bunch of lemons!

Worst car I have ever owned
By Ane on 10/23/09 17:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car reminds me of a slow horse. I probably would have been better off buying a horse! It has very poor pick up. It is very uncomfortable. Can't drive more than 30 miles without a backache or knees killing you. I put more gas in this car than I did in my van and NO I DON'T DRIVE MORE! I have to stop for gas alot more though. I hate this car. DO NOT BUY ONE unless you are looking for a car for the new driver in your house for school and a part time job. Overpriced for the quality. Oh and did I say how much I hate this car? The intermittent wipers are too fast! Good God

sorry i bought it
By everett on 10/15/09 21:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

When gas prices started rising we decided to buy an economy car. The Aveo was advertised at getting app. 34 mpg. This car is not what we expected. It has a slow jumpy start until it warms up, it only gets 17 to 18 mpg. The accelerator acts like its stuck wide open when it is started for the first time in the mornings. I have been told by the dealer that the engine is performing the way it was designed to.Most of my driving is to and from work, which is a 40 mile round trip. The gas mileage does not vary if my driving is on the highway or in town with a lot of starts and stops.

2008 Aveo
By Mary from Hilo on 10/03/09 00:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was disappointed in buying the 2008 Aveo. The car was defective with no parking light, driving panel lights and shifter indicator light. The dealership closed that day and I was pressured into buying the car. I drove the car not feeling safe in it.

At first this was a great car...
By Ashley on 05/17/09 20:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely loved this car at first. It was the first car I had ever bought in which I picked it out and everything. It was the perfect color-- blue my favorite! And great gas mileage, I got 35 mpgs which was great for commuting to school... But within 5 days I had to take it back to the dealer for the sensors coming on and the gas gauge not working. I also have had two problems with the "shift-lock release" first the solenoid was replaced then, last week, the whole shifting column! I have had the car less than a year! Before this, I owned a Toyota and a Ford and I was never disappointed and now I know I never should have gotten a Chevy aveo.

Most economical car is based on price.
By Ron Wagner on 03/23/09 20:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this LS with air and auto for $9,340. We have been looking at Aveos since they came out. We love the way they sit. They sit high, so you don't have to fall into the seat and clamber out. The mpg is disappointing so far. Just 22 mpg city. I figure I can afford at least $10,000 worth of gasoline before I reach the price of a hybrid. I don't think that the hybrids would ever match the overall economy. We really do like this car. It could be a little wider for large people though, and I don't understand why little cars don't have arm rests for both front seats, or one that is big enough for both people. Right now, I would say go for the best priced non hybrid to save the most money.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.