2008 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
An honest review
By Clark on 08/30/09 12:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Aveo hatchback. My 1st was a 2004 (1st year production). It was the automatic and I learned that to get the most out of this vehicle, I should have gotten the 5-speed. I only had this car for 1 year as I traded it on a Honda Element. I regretted it from day one. Anyway, last year (2008) I purchased another Aveo5 LS 5-speed new for $12,000 "out-the-door". It was equipped with factory cruise control and was pinstriped! I now have almost 25,000 miles on it and it still is a great car! I get an honest 35 MPG without the air on and 32 with the air on. I have noticed that on the highway I only get 30 MPG when the cruise is set to 72 MPH. Great car..minor issues covered by warranty.

love this lil car
By nanafonda on 08/04/09 13:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was searching for a used car, well a man I know buys wrecked cars and fixes them up, I happened to see this lil 08 Aveo, and bought it on the spot, the front bumper is cracked but other than that it looks great, I drive alot because I am a grandma and the Aveo gets great mpg. The check engine light was flickering and the mechanic said it just needed an o2 sensor, not bad for 48000 miles runs and drives like new, o and the bumper is only 130.00 online!

Good Car but has some issues....
By mollys on 07/21/09 12:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car for people who drive a lot. It is comfortable and reliable and the gas price is excellent especially if you get the federal reimbursement rate. I am having trouble with the front tires wearing unevenly on the outsides. Just be aware that I have 28,000 miles on this car and bought it brand new with 13 miles. I am on the second set of tires and will be needing new ones to pass state inspection. Another Oveo driver I know has the same problem also. The tires are rotated and balanced appropriately. Just be aware you may need tires yearly. I have not had any other problem with the car besides this.

Looking forward to keeping this car!
By drnhrtwl on 06/26/09 22:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a college student and this is definitely great for that. I bought it new. Once I got an oil change and rotated the tires it drove like a dream. It survived a harsh winter and still holds up. You might need better tires for the snow. I wish the speaker system was a bit better. Also there's a design flaw that causes the windshield to whistle from an air pocket when I drive on the highway. Also the check engine light is on and I've only had the car for a year. The car is really roomy despite its outward appearance. It's definitely a good car. Oh yeah, amazing gas mileage! Saves me money!

watch tune up's & timing belt
By little red on 04/17/09 13:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife & I love the car even after downsizing from a mid-size auto. I was shocked when I was told about the car requires a 400.00 tune-up, coolant change every 36000 miles and a new timing belt after 60000. Dealer never mention that at the time of sale!!! Other than those items the auto is nice for the $$$$$$

Great Small Car
By maroguy1 on 12/16/08 17:24 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car as a winter/mileage maker instead of driving my 05 GTO. I average 35 mpg on country road driving. The price and warranty were excellent. I paid under 8k with incentives. If you are looking for a cheap reliable car with 100k mile warranty this is it!

I love my "Lil" Car!!
By Lil's Mom on 10/11/08 21:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After paying almost $200 for a tank of gas in my Suburban, I decided it was time to make a change! I wanted a "no frills" car, didn't even know if they made such a thing! When I saw the Aveo5, it was exactly what I was looking for! After the initial shock of switching from a Suburban to this car, I was in love! Drove 2,000 miles the first month just because it is so fun to drive! My monthly payment is less than the cost of one tank of gas in my Suburban! I did have a stereo installed. Couldn't deal with AM/FM...but other than that, I'm as thrilled as can be with my car. Her name is "No Frill Lil"....very basic, but an awesome drive!

I expected to hate it!
By TEaK on 09/21/08 20:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Based on other reviews I've read, it seems to me that the people who are most dissatisfied with this car are those who expect to get a Corvette or a Cadillac for the Aveo's price. After my test drive, I was really quite impressed. It's obviously no Corvette, but it accelerates better than I expected. The engine is smooth and the 5 speed transmission is easy to drive. I am 6' tall. I have plenty of head & leg room in both the driver and passenger seats. The seats are firm, but comfortable. I've driven the Aveo for an hour on the highway several times with no comfort problems. The hatchback holds tons of stuff. Taken it to the hardware store and Costco and were able to haul everything we needed.

Small and Simple... I like it
By Grizz on 08/10/08 07:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was planning to buy a Toyota Yaris but stopped to look at the Aveo and got it instead. I liked the 4 door and the price was thousands less. I got the 5 speed and wish I had the auto. I added cruise control and use the car for hiway driving. I can get 40mpg on long distances, but generally average about 36mpg. Worst thing is the sloppy shifter and hard seats. Lots of best things: Easier to get in & out of than my Buick, 4 doors, great mpg, easy to park and do u-turns, very simple interior controls.

Best in show for price
By phil on 07/23/08 23:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car three weeks ago and I havent looked back. I bought the Value Special stickered for $10,700. I paid $7700. There is no car anywhere close to this price that performs this well. I don't feel buying this car loaded is a smart deal at $14,500. But at $11K to $8K you cant go wrong. Rides nice. front seats fit me great. Great 5 speed transmission. Shifts smooth. Good fit and well I think it is fun to drive. I drive 300 miles a week for work and spend around $36 to $38 in gas a week. Payments are low, gas bills are low. What is not to like. Sure there are nicer cars out there but at twice the price.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.