Used 2008 Chevrolet Aveo LT Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

3rd Aveo and loving it!
By bbben

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am not sure if some people get lemons, but we are on our 3rd Aveo and have never had a significant problem. I have had both LS and LT models. I now have an automatic LT sedan and average 30 mpg's combined city/highway on a regular basis. I drive normally most of the time but I suspect some people who complain about MPG's just really drive their cars way too hard. I get excellent deals from my dealer and commute 60 miles a day making this car a real money saver. Due to the lower cost of the car I spend much less overall on this car than my friends who but imports in the same class.

Favorite Features

drives very well and saves money.

Think they dropped it in the ocean....
By wheiney

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my Chevy Aveo LT w/ every option (leather, sunroof, etc) and I have had more problems with this car than all my other cars combined in my life. *Chrome Trim pitting and rusting (replaced 3x) *Rear trunk lock cylinder rusting (replaced 3X) *Decklid had to be repainted and fixed due to rust coming through by the license plate (GM said it was a rockchip...really on the back of the car?) * Both rear door hinges had to be replaced * Whole shifter replaced. *Half of the exhaust rusted off and had to be replaced *O2 sensor went out yet never tripped SES light, but was bad enough to cause idling and driving surging. 5 other problems but out of room. All this by 22,000 Miles!

Favorite Features

Like car till started having problems at 6 months.

Suggested Improvements

Start over. Buy something else.

Not bad for the money
By Dave in Canada

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car in June of this year as a commuter. We then used it for a 32 hundred mile trip through Northern Ontario where gas prices average about $1.08 a liter.($4.18 a U S gallon). Cost us $95 to drive from South of Ottawa to Thunder Bay, a distance of over 1100 miles. Had no problems on the semi Alpine grades and never got below 4th gear. Drove 10 hours a day and no back ache, most comfortable seats on the little car market and the air worked well but sucked power from the slightly too small engine. I have had Kia, Toyata, Ford and even a Russian Lada but this is the most comfortable car we have ever owned including our current Oldsmobile. 4000 miles on it in 3 weeks,love it.

Favorite Features

Sun roof, seats, interior room, trunk, security options, fuel consumption, ride.

Suggested Improvements

Needs at least a 1.8 Litre engine. Transmission needs to be re-geared and a shorter throw shift put in. Radio controls on the steering wheel are redundant on a car this small and are constantly being activated accidentally.

Nice at first
By fast driver

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car brand new in 2008, drove great up until now. Check engine light wont go off, it jerks for no reason, cd player stopped working yesterday. It is very light so if it's windy you wont be going over 60 while listening to whistling on the highway. It makes a popping sound when warming up and the trade in value is horrible. If you're looking for something that's NOT your only means of transportation then this is it. When i start to get the letters in I will be trading mine.

Favorite Features

The surround sound is great, along with the gas mileage. I've been able to get 400 To 500 miles on the highway

Aveo 08
By smallcarlover

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 08 Aveo LT. I've never gotten less than 32 MPG, and on road trips it's 35 MPG. It's never failed me but I am careful to have all of the recommended services completed on time. It has a lot of pep for a 4 cyl car, and it is very comfortable. In 2.6 years I have put two sets of tires on it and the odo reads 67,800. I plan to keep it.