2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
3rd Aveo and loving it!
By bbben on 08/07/11 14:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am not sure if some people get lemons, but we are on our 3rd Aveo and have never had a significant problem. I have had both LS and LT models. I now have an automatic LT sedan and average 30 mpg's combined city/highway on a regular basis. I drive normally most of the time but I suspect some people who complain about MPG's just really drive their cars way too hard. I get excellent deals from my dealer and commute 60 miles a day making this car a real money saver. Due to the lower cost of the car I spend much less overall on this car than my friends who but imports in the same class.

Think they dropped it in the ocean....
By wheiney on 04/12/11 23:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my Chevy Aveo LT w/ every option (leather, sunroof, etc) and I have had more problems with this car than all my other cars combined in my life. *Chrome Trim pitting and rusting (replaced 3x) *Rear trunk lock cylinder rusting (replaced 3X) *Decklid had to be repainted and fixed due to rust coming through by the license plate (GM said it was a rockchip...really on the back of the car?) * Both rear door hinges had to be replaced * Whole shifter replaced. *Half of the exhaust rusted off and had to be replaced *O2 sensor went out yet never tripped SES light, but was bad enough to cause idling and driving surging. 5 other problems but out of room. All this by 22,000 Miles!

Not bad for the money
By Dave in Canada on 08/06/10 03:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car in June of this year as a commuter. We then used it for a 32 hundred mile trip through Northern Ontario where gas prices average about $1.08 a liter.($4.18 a U S gallon). Cost us $95 to drive from South of Ottawa to Thunder Bay, a distance of over 1100 miles. Had no problems on the semi Alpine grades and never got below 4th gear. Drove 10 hours a day and no back ache, most comfortable seats on the little car market and the air worked well but sucked power from the slightly too small engine. I have had Kia, Toyata, Ford and even a Russian Lada but this is the most comfortable car we have ever owned including our current Oldsmobile. 4000 miles on it in 3 weeks,love it.

Nice at first
By fast driver on 07/01/10 15:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car brand new in 2008, drove great up until now. Check engine light wont go off, it jerks for no reason, cd player stopped working yesterday. It is very light so if it's windy you wont be going over 60 while listening to whistling on the highway. It makes a popping sound when warming up and the trade in value is horrible. If you're looking for something that's NOT your only means of transportation then this is it. When i start to get the letters in I will be trading mine.

Aveo 08
By smallcarlover on 06/17/10 16:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 08 Aveo LT. I've never gotten less than 32 MPG, and on road trips it's 35 MPG. It's never failed me but I am careful to have all of the recommended services completed on time. It has a lot of pep for a 4 cyl car, and it is very comfortable. In 2.6 years I have put two sets of tires on it and the odo reads 67,800. I plan to keep it.

I'm Happy
By GJM on 05/20/10 15:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car from a Chevy dealer in Anchorage. It had seen service as a rental with National, which is owned by GM. I got it primarily for commuting to work, save on gas, and keep miles down on my truck. I had a Metro once before and loved it. It was my parking lot command vehicle since I could always find a parking spot due to it's size. I got 37.5 mpg driving home from Anchorage to Fairbanks, and about 31 mpg around town. This is what I wanted and I am glad I bought it with a bumper to bumper warranty, at a reduced GM price provide by dealer. What is there not to like. I am wondering how it will fare during our ferocious winters up here in Alaska, but I am happy none the less.

So far, so goo.
By AveoDriver on 04/11/10 18:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, I love my Aveo. I keep reading negative reviews and find it very frustrating. It's an economy car, not a corvette. I'm just over 33,000 miles and have had no major problems. I changed the tires at 31,000 and leaves have got caught in a tube underneath the vehicle, creating a noise when the AC is on. The dealership cleared everything out on both occasions quickly and without cost. The interior has plenty of space and you can fit quite a bit when the seats are folded down. The fuel efficiency is great and the manual transmission is fun to drive. I've been on several 8+ hour road trips in this car and have been very comfortable. So far so good. I hope this car lasts for many years.

Good Bang For The Buck
By SAM on 10/30/08 10:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car not only was darned cheap to buy, it also has proven to be dependable. It's also surprisingly roomy and pretty quiet. For basic transportation, this about as good as it gets. I used to be very wary of Korean-built cars, but I"m sold on this one.

Best kept secret Aveo
By deucecoupe on 09/07/08 07:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the LT Aveo. What a great suprise. Good looks. Great mileage 27 city 35-39 hwy. Great stereo system. If you want a car that gets graet mileage and you don't want to pay through the nose for it get an Aveo LT with the moon roof, you'll love it..

Great for the money
By Michael on 08/17/08 17:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great car for the money. Honest! We've got the manual loaded with the sunroof/moonroof. Not the most fun car I've ever bought but a great one. I needed a cheap car that got good gas mileage. I wanted a hybrid but figured that extra $8-13 grand would buy a lot of gas at $4 a gallon. I've owned this for 10 months (took in once for a sensor, fixed that day) and only have 7,500 miles. If you drive it gently (Yeh, not my style either) you'll get the estimated mileage or slightly better. I'll never call this a "fun" ride, but I'll always call it a smart ride. Need more fun, room, or "style", then spend the money. Need around 200 or-less miles a week and real economy, give an Aveo a look.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.