Used 2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Most Helpful|
The worst car since the Yugo
By damonmabry

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have had nothing but trouble with this car since we bought it in 2008. The cruise control stopped working (again), it gets horrible gas mileage, overheats, the odd sized tires are expensive and wear out fast because it won't stay aligned, horrible road noise, and half the time I press the gas pedal and nothing happens, this car is three years old and it runs like a 30 year old car. I doubt I'll even be able trade it until it gets paid off. This is an embarrasment for the US auto industry and my wife and I are now looking for a foriegn car. I don't want to but I won't buy another chevy again for sure.

Favorite Features

It came with an extra floormat.

Suggested Improvements

Too many problems to improve and replacement parts are expensive. Make replacement parts affordable since I am going to need a lot of them.

won't buy a chevy again
By lcanfield

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have my aveo for 4 years now and only have 32, 000 miles on it. I have had nothing put issues with this cars electrical system. First my tire pressure light comes on all the time, now I have my oil light come on and off. I was told by the dealer that it is a sensor problem and they cost 257.00. Now my check engine light is on. Of course this is the same problem. This sensor will cost 357.00. So far I have not fixed them and not sure I will. I will have the car paid off in may of next year, then its so long piece of crap car.

Favorite Features

The radio I bought for it.

Suggested Improvements

Fix electrical problems like sensors so people won't have to repair them when the car is only 4 yrs old.

What a rip off
By steffie26

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2008 when the gas prices first began to rise based on the 24-28 in the city and 36-38 on the highway. So far its barely 20 in the city and 26 on the highways. Every time I take it in the dealership tells me no error codes register on the computer, everything is fine. I had to replace the tires an odd size at 7500 miles. I had had to replace the front end rods and they are squeaking again. The interior is wearing off and the drivers side door handle has snapped off and the back passengers side is ready also. My daughter bought an Aveo hatchback at the same time and has had hers in for acceleration problems 3 times and her passenger side air bags don't register. Lemon

Suggested Improvements

Maybe Cheverolet should do something to take care of their customers who have multiple issue with this model it obviously has many problems. As of now I will not buy another Chevy I'm going back to Hyundai

Hope they improved it.
By Gary Z

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Car is too light to drive at Atlanta interstate commute speeds - tires squeal at normal I-20 speeds or in ANY crosswind - had dealer check it out, and he admitted that the car's weight is the problem. The Kumho 722's began hydroplaning in normal rain at < 30k miles, replaced with Generals, hydroplaning problem fixed, but still wants to leave road at Interstate speed. Had right headlight fail at 18 mos old - 'way too soon for something like that. Then had HVAC blower fan motor blow its resistor after only 7 mos on road, and again at 18 mos on road, before they figured out that the motor was the problem, not fuses and resistors.

Favorite Features

I drive a lot, so I wanted a 'throw away' commuter car. Price, fuel economy (I avg 32 mpg) and interior ergonomics make it an ideal candidate for this.

Suggested Improvements

I realize the great mileage is due to being light weight, but seriously, it shouldn't be threatening to leave the road with a mild cross-BREEZE or at 70 mph. The car needs to be lowered or some sort of air dam needs to be added. I would not let my teenage kid drive this car.

These are great cars
By jason

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a long commute to work and the aveo goes everyday 120 miles round trip. It has turned out the be the main car with gas so high. We have taken it on several long trips and get great gas mileage its an automatic and have gotten as high as 39 mpg with it several times but usually get about 35 most of the time with or with out a/c on. The aveo has never been back to the shop for repairs nothing has gone wrong with it. Just normal maintenance. Change timing belt at 60,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage rear seat room trunk room in sedan great cd sound. Very well built. Reliability

Suggested Improvements

none