Used 2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

won't buy a chevy again
By lcanfield

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have my aveo for 4 years now and only have 32, 000 miles on it. I have had nothing put issues with this cars electrical system. First my tire pressure light comes on all the time, now I have my oil light come on and off. I was told by the dealer that it is a sensor problem and they cost 257.00. Now my check engine light is on. Of course this is the same problem. This sensor will cost 357.00. So far I have not fixed them and not sure I will. I will have the car paid off in may of next year, then its so long piece of crap car.

Favorite Features

The radio I bought for it.

Suggested Improvements

Fix electrical problems like sensors so people won't have to repair them when the car is only 4 yrs old.

3rd Aveo and loving it!
By bbben

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am not sure if some people get lemons, but we are on our 3rd Aveo and have never had a significant problem. I have had both LS and LT models. I now have an automatic LT sedan and average 30 mpg's combined city/highway on a regular basis. I drive normally most of the time but I suspect some people who complain about MPG's just really drive their cars way too hard. I get excellent deals from my dealer and commute 60 miles a day making this car a real money saver. Due to the lower cost of the car I spend much less overall on this car than my friends who but imports in the same class.

Favorite Features

drives very well and saves money.

The worst car since the Yugo
By damonmabry

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have had nothing but trouble with this car since we bought it in 2008. The cruise control stopped working (again), it gets horrible gas mileage, overheats, the odd sized tires are expensive and wear out fast because it won't stay aligned, horrible road noise, and half the time I press the gas pedal and nothing happens, this car is three years old and it runs like a 30 year old car. I doubt I'll even be able trade it until it gets paid off. This is an embarrasment for the US auto industry and my wife and I are now looking for a foriegn car. I don't want to but I won't buy another chevy again for sure.

Favorite Features

It came with an extra floormat.

Suggested Improvements

Too many problems to improve and replacement parts are expensive. Make replacement parts affordable since I am going to need a lot of them.

What a rip off
By steffie26

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2008 when the gas prices first began to rise based on the 24-28 in the city and 36-38 on the highway. So far its barely 20 in the city and 26 on the highways. Every time I take it in the dealership tells me no error codes register on the computer, everything is fine. I had to replace the tires an odd size at 7500 miles. I had had to replace the front end rods and they are squeaking again. The interior is wearing off and the drivers side door handle has snapped off and the back passengers side is ready also. My daughter bought an Aveo hatchback at the same time and has had hers in for acceleration problems 3 times and her passenger side air bags don't register. Lemon

Suggested Improvements

Maybe Cheverolet should do something to take care of their customers who have multiple issue with this model it obviously has many problems. As of now I will not buy another Chevy I'm going back to Hyundai

Think they dropped it in the ocean....
By wheiney

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my Chevy Aveo LT w/ every option (leather, sunroof, etc) and I have had more problems with this car than all my other cars combined in my life. *Chrome Trim pitting and rusting (replaced 3x) *Rear trunk lock cylinder rusting (replaced 3X) *Decklid had to be repainted and fixed due to rust coming through by the license plate (GM said it was a rockchip...really on the back of the car?) * Both rear door hinges had to be replaced * Whole shifter replaced. *Half of the exhaust rusted off and had to be replaced *O2 sensor went out yet never tripped SES light, but was bad enough to cause idling and driving surging. 5 other problems but out of room. All this by 22,000 Miles!

Favorite Features

Like car till started having problems at 6 months.

Suggested Improvements

Start over. Buy something else.