2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
won't buy a chevy again
By lcanfield on 08/24/13 15:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have my aveo for 4 years now and only have 32, 000 miles on it. I have had nothing put issues with this cars electrical system. First my tire pressure light comes on all the time, now I have my oil light come on and off. I was told by the dealer that it is a sensor problem and they cost 257.00. Now my check engine light is on. Of course this is the same problem. This sensor will cost 357.00. So far I have not fixed them and not sure I will. I will have the car paid off in may of next year, then its so long piece of crap car.

3rd Aveo and loving it!
By bbben on 08/07/11 14:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am not sure if some people get lemons, but we are on our 3rd Aveo and have never had a significant problem. I have had both LS and LT models. I now have an automatic LT sedan and average 30 mpg's combined city/highway on a regular basis. I drive normally most of the time but I suspect some people who complain about MPG's just really drive their cars way too hard. I get excellent deals from my dealer and commute 60 miles a day making this car a real money saver. Due to the lower cost of the car I spend much less overall on this car than my friends who but imports in the same class.

The worst car since the Yugo
By damonmabry on 06/30/11 16:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have had nothing but trouble with this car since we bought it in 2008. The cruise control stopped working (again), it gets horrible gas mileage, overheats, the odd sized tires are expensive and wear out fast because it won't stay aligned, horrible road noise, and half the time I press the gas pedal and nothing happens, this car is three years old and it runs like a 30 year old car. I doubt I'll even be able trade it until it gets paid off. This is an embarrasment for the US auto industry and my wife and I are now looking for a foriegn car. I don't want to but I won't buy another chevy again for sure.

What a rip off
By steffie26 on 05/25/11 13:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2008 when the gas prices first began to rise based on the 24-28 in the city and 36-38 on the highway. So far its barely 20 in the city and 26 on the highways. Every time I take it in the dealership tells me no error codes register on the computer, everything is fine. I had to replace the tires an odd size at 7500 miles. I had had to replace the front end rods and they are squeaking again. The interior is wearing off and the drivers side door handle has snapped off and the back passengers side is ready also. My daughter bought an Aveo hatchback at the same time and has had hers in for acceleration problems 3 times and her passenger side air bags don't register. Lemon

Think they dropped it in the ocean....
By wheiney on 04/12/11 23:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my Chevy Aveo LT w/ every option (leather, sunroof, etc) and I have had more problems with this car than all my other cars combined in my life. *Chrome Trim pitting and rusting (replaced 3x) *Rear trunk lock cylinder rusting (replaced 3X) *Decklid had to be repainted and fixed due to rust coming through by the license plate (GM said it was a rockchip...really on the back of the car?) * Both rear door hinges had to be replaced * Whole shifter replaced. *Half of the exhaust rusted off and had to be replaced *O2 sensor went out yet never tripped SES light, but was bad enough to cause idling and driving surging. 5 other problems but out of room. All this by 22,000 Miles!

These are great cars
By jason on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a long commute to work and the aveo goes everyday 120 miles round trip. It has turned out the be the main car with gas so high. We have taken it on several long trips and get great gas mileage its an automatic and have gotten as high as 39 mpg with it several times but usually get about 35 most of the time with or with out a/c on. The aveo has never been back to the shop for repairs nothing has gone wrong with it. Just normal maintenance. Change timing belt at 60,000 miles.

Not bad for the money
By Dave in Canada on 08/06/10 03:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car in June of this year as a commuter. We then used it for a 32 hundred mile trip through Northern Ontario where gas prices average about $1.08 a liter.($4.18 a U S gallon). Cost us $95 to drive from South of Ottawa to Thunder Bay, a distance of over 1100 miles. Had no problems on the semi Alpine grades and never got below 4th gear. Drove 10 hours a day and no back ache, most comfortable seats on the little car market and the air worked well but sucked power from the slightly too small engine. I have had Kia, Toyata, Ford and even a Russian Lada but this is the most comfortable car we have ever owned including our current Oldsmobile. 4000 miles on it in 3 weeks,love it.

Nice at first
By fast driver on 07/01/10 15:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car brand new in 2008, drove great up until now. Check engine light wont go off, it jerks for no reason, cd player stopped working yesterday. It is very light so if it's windy you wont be going over 60 while listening to whistling on the highway. It makes a popping sound when warming up and the trade in value is horrible. If you're looking for something that's NOT your only means of transportation then this is it. When i start to get the letters in I will be trading mine.

Aveo 08
By smallcarlover on 06/17/10 16:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 08 Aveo LT. I've never gotten less than 32 MPG, and on road trips it's 35 MPG. It's never failed me but I am careful to have all of the recommended services completed on time. It has a lot of pep for a 4 cyl car, and it is very comfortable. In 2.6 years I have put two sets of tires on it and the odo reads 67,800. I plan to keep it.

I'm Happy
By GJM on 05/20/10 15:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car from a Chevy dealer in Anchorage. It had seen service as a rental with National, which is owned by GM. I got it primarily for commuting to work, save on gas, and keep miles down on my truck. I had a Metro once before and loved it. It was my parking lot command vehicle since I could always find a parking spot due to it's size. I got 37.5 mpg driving home from Anchorage to Fairbanks, and about 31 mpg around town. This is what I wanted and I am glad I bought it with a bumper to bumper warranty, at a reduced GM price provide by dealer. What is there not to like. I am wondering how it will fare during our ferocious winters up here in Alaska, but I am happy none the less.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan in VA is:

$129 per month*