Used 2008 Chevrolet Aveo Aveo5 LS Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

A TRUE AMERICAN MADE LEMON
By lemon

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Never buy a chevy aveo , it is a piece of crap!! Had to put a radiator in it , transmission , computer, and now head gasket blown!! Nothing but a waste of money wanna take a baseball bat and beat it to pieces.They really need to take theses lemons off the market.I am extremely disappointed and will never buy a chevy again

This Car Sucks
By cjk67

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this thing used in 2011. It had 24k miles on it at the time. Immediately, the battery had to be replaced. Since then, hoses, water pump, and tires have had to be replaced. The gas cap door has fallen off and the driver's side door lock fell in. A piece of plastic near the rear passenger door fell off. It's the worst freakin' car I've ever owned and that includes the Jaguar that was always in the shop. I will never own another Chevy.

None.

Burn the plans and start all over.

Go for some other car
By Rodolfo

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Like a toy car. Everything is plastic and cheap. Minor but constant and annoying issues with brake lights, hatchback lock, pulls left. Chevrolet's expensive and mediocre technical service. Fuel consumption is disappointing. Manual gearbox feels "sticky" and slow. Overall mediocre car. Boring, cheap feeling, noisy.

Color

GM should be able to build better small cars

throttle body
By Mary

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Aveo, but am not excited about my fuel consumption. I live in Canada and am supposed to get up to 49 mpg and I average 36mpg. I am guessing now that it could have something to do with my throttle body as it is presently in the shop being replaced. On Friday my service engine light came on, I had been noticing a choppy feeling in the car and thought it wasn't getting its fuel properly for some time now but tried to explain it off for something else. When the light came on I had no other choice than to except my first assumption. Hopefully this change will improve my gas mileage.

Comfy seats have taken a 7 hr trip and was pleasantly surprised that I did not have a sore butt after the trip. Love the smoothness of the stick shift. And the fact that I have to use key to lock the driver door is great, haven't locked my keys in the car once.

More storage needed for CDs, less flimsy cup holders and better located, as you cannot plug in your cell charger when it is open.

An honest review
By Clark

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Aveo hatchback. My 1st was a 2004 (1st year production). It was the automatic and I learned that to get the most out of this vehicle, I should have gotten the 5-speed. I only had this car for 1 year as I traded it on a Honda Element. I regretted it from day one. Anyway, last year (2008) I purchased another Aveo5 LS 5-speed new for $12,000 "out-the-door". It was equipped with factory cruise control and was pinstriped! I now have almost 25,000 miles on it and it still is a great car! I get an honest 35 MPG without the air on and 32 with the air on. I have noticed that on the highway I only get 30 MPG when the cruise is set to 72 MPH. Great car..minor issues covered by warranty.

Great gas mileage, very comfortable (I'm 6', 245 lbs.), very solid, no rattles, original tires still good at 24,000 miles, very reliable, easy oil change, GET THE 5-SPEED and the car becomes FUN. The auto tranny slows response. Great headlights, tracks well, easy to maneuver.

Clutch developed an annoying "click" when being depressed and again when engaging. Window regulator on driver's side skipped a gear when cranking the window up. Dealer fixed both free. This car will "bottom out" with a full tank and 3-4 adults. Needs stronger suspension. Arm rest way to low.