Used 2008 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

my wheels
By milly

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Love my white Chevy Aveo that i have had for over 5 years. But was told i need a timing belt at a cost of $550 my car drives great but they were changing my oil pan gasket and noticed my belt was starting to fray. I was surprised because my car runs really good.
I have 75000 miles on it. What if i wouldnt have gotten gasket changed i would never have known til it was too late. Not happy about this

A TRUE AMERICAN MADE LEMON
By lemon

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Never buy a chevy aveo , it is a piece of crap!! Had to put a radiator in it , transmission , computer, and now head gasket blown!! Nothing but a waste of money wanna take a baseball bat and beat it to pieces.They really need to take theses lemons off the market.I am extremely disappointed and will never buy a chevy again

This Car Sucks
By cjk67

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this thing used in 2011. It had 24k miles on it at the time. Immediately, the battery had to be replaced. Since then, hoses, water pump, and tires have had to be replaced. The gas cap door has fallen off and the driver's side door lock fell in. A piece of plastic near the rear passenger door fell off. It's the worst freakin' car I've ever owned and that includes the Jaguar that was always in the shop. I will never own another Chevy.

None.

Burn the plans and start all over.

won't buy a chevy again
By lcanfield

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have my aveo for 4 years now and only have 32, 000 miles on it. I have had nothing put issues with this cars electrical system. First my tire pressure light comes on all the time, now I have my oil light come on and off. I was told by the dealer that it is a sensor problem and they cost 257.00. Now my check engine light is on. Of course this is the same problem.
This sensor will cost 357.00. So far I have not fixed them and not sure I will. I will have the car paid off in may of next year, then its so long piece of crap car.

The radio I bought for it.

Fix electrical problems like sensors so people won't have to repair them when the car is only 4 yrs old.

extremely dissapointed
By annie53

2008 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first brand new car.
I was so excited, since my husband bought a 2004 Aveo and was getting a solid 40 mpg.
Then, I bought my 2008.
From the first week when I wound up with the new tire gauge light lit up. "Really, couldn't they have checked the tires before I picked it up?!?!?"
Constant issues with the tire light.
Too cold in the morning, lites up, too warm in the afternoon, lites up,
and several trips to the dealer when they say nothing is wrong.
No matter what I or my husband drove could not get more than 24 mpg in it.
Again the dealer said nothing was wrong with it.
First set of tires (in both Aveos) needed before 6000 miles.
GM put the cheapest garbage they could.

None

Then, my husbands Aveo lost a timing belt at a little over 60,000 miles. Blew the entire engine. Cost a small fortune and Chevy said it wasn't covered under warranty. I'm approaching 60,000 in my 2008. 60,000 mile service is like $600, which interestingly enough does not include replacement of the belt which is EXPECTED to break after 60,000. I will be buying something else next time!