run far run fast don't buy an Aveo
By RunAwayFromAVEO on
2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
Bought it pre-owned but it was certified. Had it tested at Chevy dealership and they said a good car for the money. Only had it 3 years drive it in Houston to and from work and so far have replaced throttle body assembly 3 times, replaced both front struts at 34000 miles as they were leaking, had an oil leak, replaced shifter assembly & sensor most recently as car would not shift out of park. to day car has been in shop for repairs 14x since April 2008. Not including regular maintenance which I do regular. Purchased this as I needed a reliable car good on gas to go to and from work. A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT & BIG MISTAKE. tryign to work something out with GM & Chevy and so far no results ;-(
Favorite Features
fold flat seat in the hatchback allow me to fit my 2 large breed dogs. That is about the only feature. I should have bought a Honda Fit, Nissan Versa or a Toyota Yarus.
Suggested Improvements
Chevy should recall all the Aveo's and buy back from owners. At least with the Toyota recall they are doing something to help the owners.