2007 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Review: No HP (yes I know it's only a

2007 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Review

No HP (yes I know it's only a 1.6,4-Cyl)
By Chris .S. on

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '07 Aveo in October (4,649 Miles and tagged at $11,000). The vehicle does really good in city driving, but leaves something to be desired at highway speeds. I own the manual transmission and had to upgrade with an aftermarket intake just to feel like I was moving faster then a stagecoach. All in all, the car is fairly "stable" once you reach your goal speed (as long as it isn't windy) but takes a long time to accelerate even when you lean on the higher RPM's. And it would be a good car for the price if you don't care about looks or horse's thanks to the the MPG and dependability factor. But that's all it has going for it to be honest. My opinion is buy another vehicle like the Cobalt.

Gas mileage, spaciousness, and handling (as long as you're not going 65-70 MPH while it's windy).

The stock 14" tires look like they belong on a hot wheel due the bulbous design, the interior is made of cheap plastic that scratches very easily, the only way to get power is to modify with aftermarket components, and the back seats lack leg room it really should be a 2-door instead of a 4-door.