Great Overall Value
By Michael25503 on
2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this vehicle primarily for fuel economy. I consistently get 36-40 mpg in normal driving. Babying it a bit has returned several 43-45 mpg tankfulls. Running it hard on the freeway (80+ mph) drops the mileage to the 30-33 range. Comfort is good for a car of this class - comparable to my old Honda Civic. I love the lumbar support in the driver's seat. The transmission is geared well to deal with the car's modest engine torque while coming up to speed; and cruises well at highway speeds. I have not encountered any high speed or crosswind instability. Vehicle is built tight, and after 3500 miles, has proven to be quite reliable. Cornering and braking are better than I expected.
Favorite Features
Fuel economy is great. Handling better than expected. AC/heat system more than adequate. Lumbar support. 2 trip odometers. Tach is standard. Overall styling great for '07. Remote gas fill and trunk release very convenient. Need 80 lbs on passenger seat to arm airbag. Great kid protection.
Suggested Improvements
Better cup holder location. Cruise as an LS option. Armrest and lumbar suport for passenger seat.