emissions or valves
By Debbie on
2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
Starting at 20,000 miles the car would die, would not start or started rough. At a stop light it would idle ok but when I gave it gas it would continue to idle, didn't move. I was told this was loss of compression. Gm is sort of working with me on this, I believe what they were saying is the emissions would not totally leave the valves and when it fired again, you get carbonization on the valves. They have cleaned the valves with a cleaner ($400.00 thank you). What's next a valve job. Is gm kidding? this is a flaw in the engine design, or is it the emissions? will is pass emissions? it is great on gas, oh yah supreme only is recommended, it Burns hotter. Last Chevy for me!
Favorite Features
Good on gas, seats are comfortable, Whistles in a crosswind, locks and unlocks itself, lots of personality.
Suggested Improvements
start over GM,scrap it and buy American.
By nchevreaux
on 03/04/11 21:27 PM (PST)

I purchased a 2007 Chevy Aveo brand new. It has been a good car over the past 4 years. Paid $8,000 for it out the door in cash. Did not have payments since it was so cheap. Saved me a lot of money there. However, there were a couple things that were wrong...but was covered under warrenty. It has been just a great little car for me. I like the way it handles and the gas mileage is good. No A. C., but the price reflects this. I like the fact it has 100,000 mile power train warrenty and road side service. Maybe it's just me, but I have done the math. For what I paid, this car is a good deal for the money. After owning this car for 4 years, I will lose much less money than if I had purchased a more expensive car to sell.