Used 2007 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Most Helpful|
Numerous Problems
By Greg

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Had the engine cylinder heads replaced, then the engine was leaking oil had the pump seal replaced and crankshaft seal replaced. SES light coming on and shorted wire replaced. had the cylinder heads replaced again.CD player skipped and the passenger airbag light stayed on and had that fixed. Worst car I have owned.

Not as good on gas as I thought
By deltatide

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

However, check engine lights have came on and the throttle body/sensors are having to be replaced. Only trouble that I have had with the car. Took a while to diagnose the problem, but perhaps this will correct the unexpectedly gas mileage.

Favorite Features

The size of the car itself is my favorite feature. It has a small chassis, yet the interior is the same size as my friends Accura.

Suggested Improvements

Easy to fold down rear seat. Not a lot of storage in the hatch as it is. Needs easier access to more space.

radiator problems
By philipmd

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Radiator leaks on the 10th month was replaced under warranty. On the 25th month at 23ooo miles, again the radiator leaks. It will no longer be covered with warranty according to the dealer bec. I had my vehicle serviced by another autoshop since I relocated. What a great headache. Avoid this Chevrolet aveo sedan.

run far run fast don't buy an Aveo
By RunAwayFromAVEO

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it pre-owned but it was certified. Had it tested at Chevy dealership and they said a good car for the money. Only had it 3 years drive it in Houston to and from work and so far have replaced throttle body assembly 3 times, replaced both front struts at 34000 miles as they were leaking, had an oil leak, replaced shifter assembly & sensor most recently as car would not shift out of park. to day car has been in shop for repairs 14x since April 2008. Not including regular maintenance which I do regular. Purchased this as I needed a reliable car good on gas to go to and from work. A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT & BIG MISTAKE. tryign to work something out with GM & Chevy and so far no results ;-(

Favorite Features

fold flat seat in the hatchback allow me to fit my 2 large breed dogs. That is about the only feature. I should have bought a Honda Fit, Nissan Versa or a Toyota Yarus.

Suggested Improvements

Chevy should recall all the Aveo's and buy back from owners. At least with the Toyota recall they are doing something to help the owners.

Who built this car?
By FirstTimeBuyer

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle brand new as my first car two years ago. Since then, I replaced four tires, brakes, battery and now my alternator is gone out. And luckily for GM after the bumper to bumper warranty. No one can explain to me other then mileage why this car is failing me. No harsh driving just work was far and assisting others in the home with their daily routine. No help for anything but has overpriced for all services. Complaints or concerns are never heard and no offer of extended warranty to help ease the cost. From this point I have lost all faith in GM, and have decided that I would not buy Chevy ever again. GM fix this problem and maybe your problem will be fixed.

Favorite Features

NONE

Suggested Improvements

Warranty and better built with quality parts.