Used 2007 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Hard Core Driving of an Aveo
By Lenny Cieslak

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am a social worker for the Commonwealth of KY and cover 13 counties of my region. I have driven my Aveo over 45,000 miles in less than a year over mountainous roads (gravel, two-lane black top, and four lane highways. My Aveo has done excellent! I paid less than $14,000 for a fully loaded red beauty with sliding sky roof, air, auto, & alarm. It has been flawless. I even hit a 100lb deer at 60 MPH and only damaged the hood & grille. It took the licking and I never had to park it, but drove it every day since.

Height, space inside, sun roof. Nifty radio

Locate overdrive button on the gear shift knob. Invest in 1/8th inch more padding on the seats. Put an arm rest on the passenger seat also. Offer tinted windows as option. Put light on vanity mirror

Look elsewhere
By Joe

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this based on Chevy's reputation. At 4000 miles the generator and fuse box fried. At 30000 the AC went, and the dealer seems unable to locate another one. When they find one they are going to have to special order seals. The front end will not stay aligned and the car is too noisy, especially in a wind. The standard transmission feels like it is grinding. The car is roomy and fun to drive, but it is not well built. My suggestion is to look at other sub-compacts.

The car is roomy. It looks good. It gets great gas mileage. I drive 18000, half city, half country, miles a year and get 34 mpg. I actually track this with each fillup.

Quality control. Quit using junk parts just to get a cheap car on the road. This only hurts in the end.

Don't believe the window sticker
By Jeff

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

There is plenty of room in the front, although the seats could be more comfortable for longer legged people. The styling is similar to many others on the road now, and can be made to look pretty sporty. The worst drawback is the mileage. I drive 40 mises a day,35 of it no the freeway, and it averages 31 MPG. Not too good for a 1.6 liter four cylinder with almost no horsepower. I bought it thinking it would be alot like the Geo Metro only bigger. The Metro was quicker,and got half again more mileage, Boy do I miss it!

The fold-down rear seats make for a pretty large cargo area in back.

Better fuel economy is a must, especially with the extreme rise in gas prices in the last couple of months. Also, I know there is more horsepower available than they are programming into these. Many other, bigger cars get better mileage and have more HP.

Good and sad
By ReC

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car mainly for the fuel economy: (1.6L 4cyl 5A) 25-30. We were so happy until--15,000 miles and bang, major repair, in shop for a week now, waiting for parts in drive train/control arm. This is a major disappointment. The car is light in the high winds! Should have bought the Toyota Corolla for 2k more.

Gas mileage, easy parking and red!

Put a good engine in it, not a timing belt that last as long as foreign autos!

Great car for a great price
By brooklyn

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first new car and I have not been disappointed. It is practical in terms of price, but very nicely designed as well. It is a small vehicle, which is perfect for fitting into small parking spaces, but inside it doesn't feel cramped. Additionally, Chevrolet offers a great warranty, which I haven't had to use yet, but it good to know it is available if needed.