2007 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Fits both small and large drivers
By ILAveo on 05/24/07 19:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The low cost of ownership in this hatchback is what initiallly attracted us. The main thing that finally sold us was that both my wife (5'3", 125 lb) and I (6'2", 220 lb) could find reasonably comfortable driving positions. Many other small cars do a poor job of accomodating those of us who aren't about the standard 5'8". It is surprisingly roomy inside--there is actually enough headroom to for me to sit up in the backseat. The Aveo's performance and mileage, while adequate, could be better, but you can't have everything at this price point.

Love this little car
By rlbellinger on 05/21/07 08:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just love this little car. It is so fun to drive. The gas mileage is a little less then I thought it would be, but I get about 30 in overall driving. It has lots of leg and head room. It feels as if you are sitting in a real chair and has good interior styling-flashy dashboard and stereo knobs, etc. It has a lot of little extras.

Engine Failed At 11K
By Kevin on 05/16/07 18:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Very light weight, handles very poorly in wind. Gets a nasty screeching noise from doors or mirrors when driving in wind. Front engine crankshaft seal failed yesterday, lost all oil, damaged engine, oil/idiot light did not come on before engine started knocking. GM will only replace damaged parts, which is the crankshaft and bearings. Not pleased with that, should get a fresh engine and waranty. Manual transmission is already showing signs of problems, clunks into gear and sometimes hard to get into first. I am not a kid hot roding it. Its a commuter car, I drive it carefully.

A great little car for the money!
By ClockMan on 05/09/07 14:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Had no intention of purchasing a new vehicle but the warranty and price pushed me over the edge. After spending thousands on used vehicles over the past 3 years, I wised up and purchased this little hatchback. I am 6'2" and a little over 250 pounds and I have no trouble getting in or out of the car. I am amazed at the amount of room. My only suggestion would be change the cup holders, but for the price how can I complain. The car has great fit and finish and the room inside is amazing. I even get people telling me how much they like my car when I am in town.

Special Value Hatchback
By michael dec on 05/08/07 16:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Having owned and driven this car for 2 months, I am impressed with its comfort and driveability in city traffic. We have studded tires where I live and the rough pavement on local freeways is a bit harsh to drive on but all other characteristics are fine. This is my 18th vehicle over 39 years and it delivers everything I thought it would! I bought this car as an inexpensive alternative to a used vehicle for good mileage in city work commutes and it fills the bill perfectly!

The Aveo is Fun
By ashum001 on 04/17/07 13:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Aveo. It is a fun sporty car. It has a lot of little extras. I've gotten some people asking me if it is a Volkswagen. If you compare a Jetta with it you'll find that the body is similar. It has lots of leg and head room. It feels as if you are sitting in a real chair and has good interior styling-flashy dashboard and stereo knobs etc. The engine is spaced out enough that a do-it-yourself mechanic can work on it comfortably.It's an American car which hopefully means cheaper parts, though I have heard that American cars tend to break down more so we'll see in the long run what's least expensive. With chrome lined lights, a spoiler and a sunroof this is the cutest little car Chevy makes.

My little car
By Rob G on 04/04/07 18:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was very happy with this buy because its my first car. I needed somthing cheap and good. The look was great and the interior was great for the price range. What won me over was the look and the price and the miles this thing gets. I support American cars so I love this car. Sorry Yaris.

Great Overall Value
By Michael25503 on 04/02/07 14:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle primarily for fuel economy. I consistently get 36-40 mpg in normal driving. Babying it a bit has returned several 43-45 mpg tankfulls. Running it hard on the freeway (80+ mph) drops the mileage to the 30-33 range. Comfort is good for a car of this class - comparable to my old Honda Civic. I love the lumbar support in the driver's seat. The transmission is geared well to deal with the car's modest engine torque while coming up to speed; and cruises well at highway speeds. I have not encountered any high speed or crosswind instability. Vehicle is built tight, and after 3500 miles, has proven to be quite reliable. Cornering and braking are better than I expected.

Glad I Got It!
By Meggie022 on 03/01/07 11:15 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because it was cheap, but I feel like I got a lot of car for the money. I rented a 2006 Malibu over the summer, and I think this is comparable in styling and driving (except for being only 4cyl). It's sharp and comfortable! Great visibility, and you feel like you're sitting high up. Love that it has an interior trunk and gas release. Good car for the money! I hope I find it reliable for years to come.

My Aveo!
By charlielisha on 02/16/07 08:50 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Good car for its price. Me and my wife use it for commuting. She drives it in the morning I use it at night. Good gas milleage.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.