Used 2007 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

I Love Basic Transportation.
By hawaiianbuffet

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Just got a night work shift so I can catch the bus now after driving days for three months. Everything I expect from a $10,000 car with a $2,000 rebate, and another $1,000. from charging groceries on my GM mastercard credit card points. This Korean made car has a 1.6 liter engine to handle the load from the A/C. Since the Special Value doesn't have A/C, it has a lot of power. I drive 95% freeway and get 37 MPG. Same as a Cavalier with a larger motor. Seating is OK. Not plush. What else can I say about a basic car? Will buy another one in three years.

Favorite Features

Probably the only car sold out there that is so basic with that allows me to skip the useless options. Buy a basic car every three years without losing money from depreciation. Tired of paying for repairs with my past cars. Just drive it 3 years under warranty and dump it. Will try this theory.

Suggested Improvements

Wish the engine block was made of aluminum for lighter weight. Wish the first gear had a lower gear ratio so I can move the car without pressing on the gas pedal to save the clutch wear. Dash light reading passenger air bag stays on unless someone is sitting on seat. Irritating.

In the Shop
By stbone

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

6,500 miles - in for repair 4 times. 1 - bad light relay 2 - would not accelerate, bad throttle body 3 - overheating and no air conditioner, told it was low on anti-freeze. 4 - engine is bad. Knocked loudly from cam shaft. We are still waiting for a short block and head. This averages out to less than 2,000 miles per repair. The dealer has been Nice and Chevy is paying for a rental, but what a pain for a new car. And we bought a new so we wouldn't have to deal with this sort of thing. We are highly disappointed.

Favorite Features

right now - only gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Better suspension and of course a better engine.

Read reviews before purchase!
By Watch out!!!

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is cheap, but that says a lot for the quality of the vehicle. At 3000 miles, the windshield cracked....manufacturer defect. At 13000 miles, lost all my oil, which the oil light never came on...currently in the shop having the seals and gaskets in the engine replaced...might as well replace the whole engine. I bought this car for the gas mileage. Averaging about 28 miles per gallon on highway, and about 25 with the air conditioner on. Not good! The car shakes like it needs to be aligned, which I did and also had new, high quality tires put on and it still shakes terribly. I am truly scared to drive this car in high wind and rain. Hydroplanes bad!

Suggested Improvements

Stop making this model, even though its affordable, it's junk. Very disappointed in Chevy. Will be trading this in when it gets returned from the repair shop!!

No HP (yes I know it's only a 1.6,4-Cyl)
By Chris .S.

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '07 Aveo in October (4,649 Miles and tagged at $11,000). The vehicle does really good in city driving, but leaves something to be desired at highway speeds. I own the manual transmission and had to upgrade with an aftermarket intake just to feel like I was moving faster then a stagecoach. All in all, the car is fairly "stable" once you reach your goal speed (as long as it isn't windy) but takes a long time to accelerate even when you lean on the higher RPM's. And it would be a good car for the price if you don't care about looks or horse's thanks to the the MPG and dependability factor. But that's all it has going for it to be honest. My opinion is buy another vehicle like the Cobalt.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, spaciousness, and handling (as long as you're not going 65-70 MPH while it's windy).

Suggested Improvements

The stock 14" tires look like they belong on a hot wheel due the bulbous design, the interior is made of cheap plastic that scratches very easily, the only way to get power is to modify with aftermarket components, and the back seats lack leg room it really should be a 2-door instead of a 4-door.

Hard Core Driving of an Aveo
By Lenny Cieslak

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am a social worker for the Commonwealth of KY and cover 13 counties of my region. I have driven my Aveo over 45,000 miles in less than a year over mountainous roads (gravel, two-lane black top, and four lane highways. My Aveo has done excellent! I paid less than $14,000 for a fully loaded red beauty with sliding sky roof, air, auto, & alarm. It has been flawless. I even hit a 100lb deer at 60 MPH and only damaged the hood & grille. It took the licking and I never had to park it, but drove it every day since.

Favorite Features

Height, space inside, sun roof. Nifty radio

Suggested Improvements

Locate overdrive button on the gear shift knob. Invest in 1/8th inch more padding on the seats. Put an arm rest on the passenger seat also. Offer tinted windows as option. Put light on vanity mirror