Used 2007 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Great Commuter Car!
By Aveo Mike

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car does what you expect it to do - save money at the pump for a reasonably priced car. I owned it for 31,500 miles (almost 2 years-before I crashed it). My only complaint was that the front tires wore down after 22,000 miles, and the seats could be more comfortable. Other than that, the car pays for itself by laughing at gas pumps. Bought it as a commuter car going 60 miles a day, and never got less than 26 mpg city. Highway got 32~33 mpg easy. I crashed it recently, and the front collapsed well like an accordian- and I walked away without a scratch.I am 6'3 tall and fit well inside. Solid car for the price. Trunk is big,"hold" traction button puts car into lower gear for torque traction

Driver seat armrest, manuerverability, trunk size, radio, exterior looks.

Better padded seats, better stock tires.

Great Car
By Bob B

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 4 door sedan. Never had a problem. Took the car over from my daughter who moved to Chicago and didn't need a car. It would have never have been a car I would have bought. It tuned out to be a very pleasant suprise. The fuel mileage has been great and the room inside is unbelivable. We had 5 adults in the car and I am 6'4. I put really good tires on it and it runs at 80 mph on the highway with no problem. Easy to park. I take it from Detroit to Chicago twice a month (4.5 hour drive) and it's comfortable. I wouldn't want to take it across the country but I'm old and like big cars. Great car for the money, 3 of my neighbors have bought them since I got mine.

Tons of interior room, great gas mileage, seems to sit up high, we got 2 sets of golf clubs, 2 suitcases and a cooler in the trunk.

Interior lighting. Needs a console or arm rests for driver and passenger.

Happy to have one!
By Joey V

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I once had a Ford Escort but that was a while ago. I drive 48 miles 1 way to work, and drive on the coast of Califonia. Speed limit 65. I work early so no one on the road and I drive 60 mph. Nice ride to and from work, getting 38 mpg. It will be my 14yr old daughter's in 2 yrs and she loves it. Big change from my Suzuki XL-7 which my college son drives now.

Room around driver. Installed bluetooth radio for my phone!

Passanger air-bag light, had to put a piece cardboard over it. Very annoying if no one in passanger seat.

I've grown to like it.
By Unclewally

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my brand new black LT 4 door with all options except sunroof, leather and steering wheel audio controls. I checked around and it was the least expensive car with the options I wanted. I needed a more fuel economical car being that I commute 150 miles round trip a day, for four days. My 11 mpg (highway) Ford Explorer, V8, All Wheel Drive was killing me at the pump. (I still love my truck). I put the car to the test as soon as I got it. I had a custom made tow hitch installed to pull a mini tear drop cargo trailer and drove to Houston Texas. She was loaded with 3 adults and pulling a loaded mini trailer. She didn't miss a beat. Mind you the car is cheesy. You get what you pay for.

Good handling, bright head lights and fog lights. Side marker/signal lights are a good safety feature. Plenty headroom (I'm 6'2'' 200lbs), good tires, exterior design is nice, easy to change oil yourself (oil filter front and centered) good brakes. I gotta say, car has the best bang for the buck.

Interior lighting (only 1 roof light, positioned to the front, try moving it to the center to illuminate more of the car). Weak cup holders, cheesy plastic interior parts and molding. Needs more horsepower and torque. 2 more inches of legroom at the front and back. Better stereo system with subwoofe

Good Economical and tough car
By middleofnowhere

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I work in construction and drive in the dirt every day. My work is all over Southern California. This is a well put together car. When I first bought and it was clean, I took wife and friends out to dinner several times. Lots of interior room. Now my car is constantly dirty, so I only use for work. I get 27 mpg with AC running and mixed driving. During winter I get about 30 with mixed driving. Interior is functional. Good ground clearance. Very happy and recommend.

EZ to park. Good ground clearance, rugged and great fuel economy.

More could be done to make this car fuel efficient. Windshield wipers could be tucked in behind hood, etc. Stock tires stink. Radio has static in AM with engine running.