2007 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Great, could be better though.
By Jay in SW Illinois on 09/24/07 14:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

It's a great car for the money. (After all, you wouldn't buy a car like this unless low cost was important to you!) It's very stylish inside and out and seems well made so far (1200 miles). Engine is fuel efficient but I am surprised it isn't more so. Chevrolet and the Korean manufactures of the Aveo could make some simple improvements to make it a great car...variable speed intermittent wipers, actual electronic door lock buttons, more storage, better cup holder location in the front seat, etc. Overall, it is a good car for those on a tight budget.

40+ MPG
By gjc866 on 09/04/07 07:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Fantastic car..consistantly get 32+ in the city w/ AC on and well over 40 MPG on the highway. Drive the car reasonably, as it's meant to be - it's not a sports or performance car so it shouldn't be driven as such - keep the cruise on the highway at 70-75 MPG and you'll be suprised. Yes the Aveo can go 90+ MPH if it needs to. No problems at all with car at 13500 - Many compliments on LT Sedan. Well worth the money. No complaints at all except the cup holders!

Just needs bigger tires
By wifesfirstnewcar on 08/30/07 11:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

It's my wife's first new car and turns out I use it more than her. I just love it. We just came back from a 1500 mile trip and it performed perfectly.

Nice Ride
By AveoAngel on 08/29/07 19:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Being a full-time student with very little funds, I was very limited on which car I could buy. I didn't necessarily want the Aveo at first, especially after finding out that it was Korean made, and had some bad reviews. However, I have to say that I absolutely enjoy this car. I love how I don't have to be right on top of the steering wheel (I'm 5 foot even) The interior is cheapy, but really? I needed a car to get from A to B with the best gas possible for the less price. I found it. I couldn't be happier with my choice.

Best Value
By Ron on 08/18/07 07:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was very impressed with the ride comfort an handling of this car. It is a vast improvement over subcompacts of previous generations. I really like the european stlying direction GM has been taking with the vehicles it has brought to market over the last few years. It is a little strained to accelerate up a hill starting from a standstill (but what the hell! it's no worse than our Jeep Liberty). The shift quality could be a little better, but here again, I didn,t purchase a Porsche. To sum up, in terms of interior and exterior styling, fuel economy, ride comfort, and handling it is a very good value for the money. I made my purchase chioce over Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris.

Solid Vehicle Some Unexpected Issues
By Colleen on 08/10/07 07:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The interior is solid, performance is good. However, the steering wheel and drivers seat vibrate excessively when idling, the gas mileage is under 20mpg when using the a/c, the struts squeak when going over bumps and the ride is very stiff (you feel every bump).

Love this car, more room than expected
By epgirl on 07/31/07 18:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm really enjoying my Aveo. It's fun to drive and gets great mileage. We drive all aroung town with 4 people in it all the time. That's two adults and two teenagers, and we're comfortable. The only problem we've had is a bad oil pump at 5000 miles. It was fixed with no problem.

Good Car
By Aveo2007 on 07/20/07 12:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Overall driving experience witht this car has been good. A little slow on pick up when going up inclines but other than that I have no complaints.

Bought for hr, want for me!
By Sam on 06/11/07 10:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I must say that even though I purchased this car for my wife, I really want it for myself. I drive it any chance I get. It is actually quite sporty in both the design and handling. Very little came with the car, in terms of features but it is worth it! I have pretty decent credit and although I may not have gotten the best rate out there, I still feel like my payment is nothing. Most importantly, it is a safe, car with side airbags standard, and has a great crash rating (hope we never have proof of that!)

Kaleigh's review
By kaleigh on 05/26/07 16:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for a few months and I do like it, but the gas mileage is not what I was told or expected. I love the appearance and the look to the car especially for what I spent! I have a few concerns.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.