2007 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Could be a contender, needs attention
By Mobeer on 12/23/07 11:02 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I really like driving the car, so it is a fun car with 6k into it. However in severe crosswinds unacceptable howling noise across cowl; fuel economy isn't what expected at 25 mpg; windshield wipers weren't tighten and flopped all over. I want GM to have a contender in this class of vehicle. $12500 isn't cheap! Fix these things and GM will have one on both price and realiablity

Great price for a good car
By wanabevega on 12/12/07 14:48 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a new apreation for econo cars after buying this exceptional example of Chevrolet's restyled import. Well worth the price. While true, i had more than my share of problems from the start. First a cracked windshild three days after I drove it off the lot (replaced), then a headlamp fogged up from holding moisture(replaced), lose brake caliper(repaired),rear view mirror mount fell off(replaced), oil pump started leaking after 15K (replaced),squeeking swaybar bushings after 25K(replaced), clunking front suspension(still an isue). After all this you might think i would be bitter, but I just love driving this car! I like the looks i like the handling and I love the MPG at 32/39.

A lot of car for not a lot of money
By Jscott1 on 12/11/07 14:29 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I came into the Aveo because my full sized truck was guzzling too much gas. I wanted an inexpensive commuter. I ended up with a pretty upscale, (for an Aveo) 4 dr LT and it's much more car than I expected. It's smooth on the highway, and comfortable and has many features you wouldn't normally expect to find in this price range like side airbags. The sound system is nice with the MP3 changer and the steering wheel controls are good too. I went to the dealership just looking, but the price was too good to pass up after I saw how much car I could get for the money.

What's Not to Like
By phil on 12/08/07 04:35 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Got tired of commuting in my SUV getting 20mpg in summer and 18 in winter. Bought the Aveo on Edmund's study of lowest vehicle cost per mile. We get 31 to 34 in the city commuting and took one trip of 300 miles one way. 31 into the wind of 20+ mph and 38 coming with the wind. Has plenty of power for most needs. Haven't found anything to complain about. Does what it was made to do. Economy car shoppers beware of the foreign car hype of high gas mileage, we rented several of them before buying and found them to be lacking in mpg from what the manufacturer advertised. This is made by Daewoo plant to Chevy specs, but at least our money stays in the USA. Good job GM.

Fun Little car but gas milage not as adv
By yoshi1015 on 12/02/07 23:36 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I run a service center for a dealer and I am very familiar with cars. I bought American because I am always able to get 250k + out of all my cars. It wasnt until recently that I needed to put my GMC truck to bed and get an import. I looked at Toyota, Nissan (great cars), Mazda, Honda etc. I finally picked the 2007 Chevy Aveo because of price, comfort and gas mileage. However, I am not getting anywhere near 37mpg as my sticker suggested. Believe me I understand driving habbits but this has nothing to do with it. I drive all freeway miles with no A/C on at no more than 70mph and the best milage I get is 30.1mpg. Yes I also tryed going under 70mph and I only got max 32.1 mpg.

GM got their act together on this one
By Bordeaux on 11/15/07 22:33 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my little Aveo for almost 8 months. I have over 28K on the car right now, no problems, excellent gas mil, avg 35mpg. It's the little things that make this car really worth buying. It's the lumbar support, the rubber on the knobs on the interior, the power everything, the antenna integrated into the rear window, the easy to work on engine compartment, the well placed cruise control buttons, the mp3 jack, the six disc changer, spacious truck for such a little car, the head room in the interior. This car was made to be the perfect commuter vehicle. It is just one of the best buys you can make, add all the stuff and throw in the rabate and 0% that I got on it and its a steal.

Very Surprised
By Ken on 10/30/07 13:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am very pleased. Gas mileage is 36 on hwy but 26 in the city,(Stop and go) The car is very comfortable for me even though I am a larger male.

Chosen over Fit, Versa, Yaris, PTcruiser
By road gypsy on 10/23/07 17:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned Aveo 5 now for 2 weeks. I chose this vehicle over the honda fit because of price difference (about $3000), Versa because no fold flat or flip and fold seats, Yaris because I needed a 4 door hatch, and PT because of fuel economy. I also chose the Aveo because by far it had the best styling of all of them. The seat covers are durable and attractive and I loved the carbon fiber look trim. On to the driving, it is a much better driving experience than would be expected from a budget sub compact. It is quiet, zippy for such a low horsepower,and overall handles as well if not better than some of the pricier cars I have owned. Plenty of cargo room with flip and fold seats too! Love it!

At 25,000 miles, a great little car
By spir on 10/16/07 15:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is really a fine little car. I am a professional, but got tired of sending my gas money to foreign lands. The Aveo gets good mileage (27 in city, 37 on highway). Not great, but good. Considering the price of the car, great mieage. The result is a very affordable car that gets good mileage, has some style, and is fun to drive. I am amazed that is has not given me any trouble at all. I drive it a lot. We took it on a 1,600 mile drive recently and it is more comfortable than a larger sedan. My main complaint is the small sun visor, and weak cup holders. I would buy another, great car!

Great Commuter
By Mainer on 10/07/07 03:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

If you are looking for a low cost alternative to a used vehicle, the Aveo is a great choice. Gas mileage has ranged from 32.4 to 36.6 mpg. I had been shopping for a new commuter for about 9 months and had seen the special value Aveo advertised by two local dealers for less than $8,000 a couple of times. Finally decided that the next time I saw them offered in this price range, I would buy. I ended up paying $7,660. The Aveo should serve very well as an economical run about. Its not the Prius that I really wanted, but was 1/4 the cost and still gets very respectable mpg.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.