Used 2007 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Great until recently (valve issues)
By good so far, but....

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Reliable (inc. all the way down to - 10F no issue). Not sporty (understeer), or sexy, but a very functional commuter. Inexpensive/easy to maintain, great on gas (35mpg at 80mph), BUT at 30 000, was getting 'bucking' cold (about 40F outside) when slowing at stop signs, and bucking when cold at 30mph (with flashing check engine light) - deayler confirmed valve issue (to be fixed under warranty). Synthetic oil since I got it didn't save it from this defect. Also had belt tensionner issues and rotor vibration (turning the rotors fixed that). Otherwise, I do like the car, and the service is friendly/trustworthy (they are throwing in a new Timing belt install)

Solidly built. good brakes. Very solid auto transmission (Aisin Warner), great city mileage, good storage. Great features (cabin air filter, sunglass holder, mp3 player). with winter tires, handles great in the snow.

Highway mileage was improved in 2009 by vvt - needed this sooner. better noise deadening. better front speakers. fix understeer. thankfully the valve issue was addressed fully by 2008. a turbo version would be nice

my cat is awesome
By mikey

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

had this for appx 2 years,no problems,get 45 mpg highway mpg if kept under 65 miles per hour, its not a perfect car ,but what can you buy new for $8995.oo. if you know what your doing you can modify this car and improve your mpg

should have put the chevy cobalt engine in it ,it is a direct bolt in fit,or the computer chip from a cobalt

Who built this car?
By FirstTimeBuyer

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle brand new as my first car two years ago. Since then, I replaced four tires, brakes, battery and now my alternator is gone out. And luckily for GM after the bumper to bumper warranty. No one can explain to me other then mileage why this car is failing me. No harsh driving just work was far and assisting others in the home with their daily routine. No help for anything but has overpriced for all services. Complaints or concerns are never heard and no offer of extended warranty to help ease the cost. From this point I have lost all faith in GM, and have decided that I would not buy Chevy ever again. GM fix this problem and maybe your problem will be fixed.

NONE

Warranty and better built with quality parts.

problems
By troubled

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Our Aveo has 63,000 miles. We purchased it as a small reliable car for our son who is in college. The car isn't what was promised. The radio comes on when the weather is damp or when it rains. The airbag sensor is on and one corner of the airbag cover came off. We have had problems with the horn blowing and the interior lights. The recall concerning the fuel pump running in a front end collision has us concerned too. After 4 calls GMC is finally working with us. We will not buy another one.

small size, standard shift

better service from GMC, correct air bag problems, correct fuel pump problems, improve radio problems, improve horn and light problems, improve gas mileage for size

radiator problems
By philipmd

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Radiator leaks on the 10th month was replaced under warranty. On the 25th month at 23ooo miles, again the radiator leaks. It will no longer be covered with warranty according to the dealer bec. I had my vehicle serviced by another autoshop since I relocated. What a great headache. Avoid this Chevrolet aveo sedan.