2007 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Look elsewhere
By Joe on 06/10/08 19:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this based on Chevy's reputation. At 4000 miles the generator and fuse box fried. At 30000 the AC went, and the dealer seems unable to locate another one. When they find one they are going to have to special order seals. The front end will not stay aligned and the car is too noisy, especially in a wind. The standard transmission feels like it is grinding. The car is roomy and fun to drive, but it is not well built. My suggestion is to look at other sub-compacts.

Don't believe the window sticker
By Jeff on 04/30/08 17:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

There is plenty of room in the front, although the seats could be more comfortable for longer legged people. The styling is similar to many others on the road now, and can be made to look pretty sporty. The worst drawback is the mileage. I drive 40 mises a day,35 of it no the freeway, and it averages 31 MPG. Not too good for a 1.6 liter four cylinder with almost no horsepower. I bought it thinking it would be alot like the Geo Metro only bigger. The Metro was quicker,and got half again more mileage, Boy do I miss it!

Good and sad
By ReC on 04/18/08 01:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car mainly for the fuel economy: (1.6L 4cyl 5A) 25-30. We were so happy until--15,000 miles and bang, major repair, in shop for a week now, waiting for parts in drive train/control arm. This is a major disappointment. The car is light in the high winds! Should have bought the Toyota Corolla for 2k more.

Great car for a great price
By brooklyn on 04/16/08 21:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first new car and I have not been disappointed. It is practical in terms of price, but very nicely designed as well. It is a small vehicle, which is perfect for fitting into small parking spaces, but inside it doesn't feel cramped. Additionally, Chevrolet offers a great warranty, which I haven't had to use yet, but it good to know it is available if needed.

turns out to be ok
By christopher wilkins on 03/22/08 04:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have come to love driving it but it lacks acceleration and the miles per gallon are not that great. I estimate that I get maybe 15mpg as oppose to the 26 to 32 that I have seen posted on the sticker. The head room is great, as for the leg room which can become an issue with passengers in the back. I like the handling around corners and how smooth the ride is. All in all, I've grown to love the cars qualities as well as its downsides

Good long Hauler
By Living in NY on 03/20/08 13:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We just got our Aveo in December. I used it for a business conferance to Lake Geroge - 350 miles across southern NY. I set the cruise at 70 for most of the trip. I'm a big fellow - 270 - and I felt the car was pretty peppy. Lots of head room and body room. And considering I averaged 34 mpg, I think the car's a good deal. The dealer sold the car to us for just under 12000, including rebates. All we added was cruise control. We only have three thousand miles on it, but so far it runs like a champ. By the by. I had good winter tires installed at purchased - along with extra rims. The car handles very well in heavy snow and on ice with those tires.

2007 New body Aveo LT
By xmktg on 02/04/08 22:52 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Very nice car for the money. I was totally surprised at the interior design, fit and finish, layout and features loaded into my 07 Aveo LT. I switched out a few things and customized the car, like two tone black and tan leather seats. The factory only offers tan leather, a little too much. Gets good gas mileage, has plenty of space and really no complaints. I even went back to the dealer just to price some parts to see the cost and the parts are inexpensive!

Best Deal on the Road!
By intexas2 on 01/29/08 18:21 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Best deal on basic transportation, hands down! Drove out of the dealership with a brand new Aveo for $7250. Granted, this included a $2K GM Card rebate, but without it, I would have gotten it for $8250, a price including TTL. Performance is adequate, lots of room, and no power locks/windows that will break in a few years anyways. Great GM warranty. Build quality is very good. Engine is a bit weak; you'll need to downshift to make it up a steep hill. Gas mileage is good, not stellar. Appreciate the side-impact airbags. For the price, it's unbeatable! Lots of 2007's still on dealer lots if you look.

The Good and The Bad
By willie m on 01/26/08 17:23 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Wanted a solid commuter with modern options, and liked the look of the newly redesigned Aveo. No doubt, this is a small car, but it does feel pretty spacious on the inside. I got the LT with leatherette interior, and it is definitely a cut above your average domestic. The car feels solid and is easy to drive; my only real concern is high winds on the interstate. Car feels like it might simply get carried up up and away. Also, long-term quality is a possible issue but I guess I'll just have to see on that one.

Fun Car
By ed on 12/30/07 12:45 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I traded a 2005 Cobalt for this car. In spite of the smaller size, it is more comfortable, but it doesn't have the driver information center like the cobalt. I had got used to being able to teel the fuel economey and the outside temperature. It also has a ridiculous power lock system that can only be locked with a key when one is leaving the car. The power is adequate and it is quite roomy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.