2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Fits both small and large drivers
By ILAveo on 05/24/07 19:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The low cost of ownership in this hatchback is what initiallly attracted us. The main thing that finally sold us was that both my wife (5'3", 125 lb) and I (6'2", 220 lb) could find reasonably comfortable driving positions. Many other small cars do a poor job of accomodating those of us who aren't about the standard 5'8". It is surprisingly roomy inside--there is actually enough headroom to for me to sit up in the backseat. The Aveo's performance and mileage, while adequate, could be better, but you can't have everything at this price point.

Love this little car
By rlbellinger on 05/21/07 08:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just love this little car. It is so fun to drive. The gas mileage is a little less then I thought it would be, but I get about 30 in overall driving. It has lots of leg and head room. It feels as if you are sitting in a real chair and has good interior styling-flashy dashboard and stereo knobs, etc. It has a lot of little extras.

Engine Failed At 11K
By Kevin on 05/16/07 18:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Very light weight, handles very poorly in wind. Gets a nasty screeching noise from doors or mirrors when driving in wind. Front engine crankshaft seal failed yesterday, lost all oil, damaged engine, oil/idiot light did not come on before engine started knocking. GM will only replace damaged parts, which is the crankshaft and bearings. Not pleased with that, should get a fresh engine and waranty. Manual transmission is already showing signs of problems, clunks into gear and sometimes hard to get into first. I am not a kid hot roding it. Its a commuter car, I drive it carefully.

A great little car for the money!
By ClockMan on 05/09/07 14:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Had no intention of purchasing a new vehicle but the warranty and price pushed me over the edge. After spending thousands on used vehicles over the past 3 years, I wised up and purchased this little hatchback. I am 6'2" and a little over 250 pounds and I have no trouble getting in or out of the car. I am amazed at the amount of room. My only suggestion would be change the cup holders, but for the price how can I complain. The car has great fit and finish and the room inside is amazing. I even get people telling me how much they like my car when I am in town.

Special Value Hatchback
By michael dec on 05/08/07 16:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Having owned and driven this car for 2 months, I am impressed with its comfort and driveability in city traffic. We have studded tires where I live and the rough pavement on local freeways is a bit harsh to drive on but all other characteristics are fine. This is my 18th vehicle over 39 years and it delivers everything I thought it would! I bought this car as an inexpensive alternative to a used vehicle for good mileage in city work commutes and it fills the bill perfectly!

New owner
By december on 02/08/07 09:27 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Very fun to drive, although not a cold weather car by any means. If you live somewhere that it is below freezing a lot, do not buy this car. The defrost (outside of the main vents) isn't very good and it will drive you crazy. I've no complaints on this car yet. make sure you get auto door locks as it's optional. I do not have them and wish I'd gone for it. Get all options on this car, as there are not many - and it still will not cost you that much!

I love my Chevy Aveo
By Rae on 12/31/06 08:30 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I think this is a cute, fun, reliable car. I am glad I bought it. Nice transportation to and from my job, as well as around town. I check out many cars and it was a toss between the Aveo, Scion or the PT Cruiser. In the end I decided on the Aveo 5 hatchback. I got bright blue, which is a pretty color, but not my choice. Others I would have had to wait for, and I needed transportation in a hurry. I would have preferred the new cinnamon, pretty yellow or slate blue. All and all I am satisfied with my new little car and it fits in my driveway behind my husband's larger van. I needed a compact car for that reason. I have one suggestion regarding the side view mirrow.

Great deal on a good little car
By spicyorangeaveolove on 12/18/06 11:27 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Recently bought the 2007 special value model Chevy Aveo 5 (hatchback). I love the style and color, spicy orange. It is a very nice little car especially for the price. It is a base model so not fancy in any way but comfortable, roomy, and zippy. I am very happy so far. Spicy orange style.

Excellent car for a firstimer!
By anthony on 11/03/06 22:16 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After three months of painstaking dilemma, I finally got this car! My first ever car! Looks are great both in and out. It's easy to maneuver, comfortable, very economical, and lots of space inside! I had test driven almost a dozen of cars, but the Chevy had its advantages. That's why I chose it!

Aveo: a real contender, poorly marketed
By Mike on 10/06/06 05:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

GM cannot figure out why they can't sell cars. Here is a pleasing, cool, practical contender in the Mini club but who's to know? Great gear box, precise steering feel, amazingly quiet with a compliant, controlled ride. The only weakness I could find: the seat has little support (you sit on it, not in it) and the headrest is somewhat annoying and doesn't support the head comfortably. But, a definite "must drive" when considering Fit, Yaris, etc. A well developed package for all-around use that puts a smile on your face.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.