Used 2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Very Reliable
By Albert

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Only my 3rd vehicle(all Chevy) to never have a problem. Put 62000 miles in 54 weeks on this car. changed tires at 45000 miles. Been a surprise as to driving. Due to my financial problems sold 3 Mercedes ,sl55,s55,cl55 and a 2007 corvette. Very surprised the performance and seats did not bother me after coming out of my prior vehicles. Was very bad and only changed oil 1 time and never went in for normal service. oil level never went down even after long quick trips. Gad millage at 85 was 27-29.5. Wind can push this car very easy and had occasionally caused the steering wheel to be knocked out of my hand. Breaks squeaked a lot in the morning

comfortable roomy no problems radio was decent

better gas mileage, leather option, bigger tire size, loud wind noise i believe from mirrors. surprised wind has not caused people to lose control of this car. kill airbag light. brighter interior reading lights

What a car
By hubbard

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

For the price that I paid, this car was a bargain. I know it's for transportation, but this car is incredibly fun to drive. I've put over 8000 mi on it so far and I've found it to be very comfortable even for 8 hour drives. It also has been averaging 32mpg on my way from Boston to DC so I've also been saving up to 80 dollars round trip, which is incredible. All in all, it has lots of space, room for 5 (reasonably comfortable), it's great on gas, and it gets you place to place with a 100000mi warranty for 11,000. Money well spent.

Tire pressure indicator, purchase price, room, dependability

Need a arm rest for the passenger seat. 6 speed? (70mph at 3000rpm)

Happy to have one!
By Joey V

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I once had a Ford Escort but that was a while ago. I drive 48 miles 1 way to work, and drive on the coast of Califonia. Speed limit 65. I work early so no one on the road and I drive 60 mph. Nice ride to and from work, getting 38 mpg. It will be my 14yr old daughter's in 2 yrs and she loves it. Big change from my Suzuki XL-7 which my college son drives now.

Room around driver. Installed bluetooth radio for my phone!

Passanger air-bag light, had to put a piece cardboard over it. Very annoying if no one in passanger seat.

Good Economical and tough car
By middleofnowhere

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I work in construction and drive in the dirt every day. My work is all over Southern California. This is a well put together car. When I first bought and it was clean, I took wife and friends out to dinner several times. Lots of interior room. Now my car is constantly dirty, so I only use for work. I get 27 mpg with AC running and mixed driving. During winter I get about 30 with mixed driving. Interior is functional. Good ground clearance. Very happy and recommend.

EZ to park. Good ground clearance, rugged and great fuel economy.

More could be done to make this car fuel efficient. Windshield wipers could be tucked in behind hood, etc. Stock tires stink. Radio has static in AM with engine running.

I Love Basic Transportation.
By hawaiianbuffet

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Just got a night work shift so I can catch the bus now after driving days for three months. Everything I expect from a $10,000 car with a $2,000 rebate, and another $1,000. from charging groceries on my GM mastercard credit card points. This Korean made car has a 1.6 liter engine to handle the load from the A/C. Since the Special Value doesn't have A/C, it has a lot of power. I drive 95% freeway and get 37 MPG. Same as a Cavalier with a larger motor. Seating is OK. Not plush. What else can I say about a basic car? Will buy another one in three years.

Probably the only car sold out there that is so basic with that allows me to skip the useless options. Buy a basic car every three years without losing money from depreciation. Tired of paying for repairs with my past cars. Just drive it 3 years under warranty and dump it. Will try this theory.

Wish the engine block was made of aluminum for lighter weight. Wish the first gear had a lower gear ratio so I can move the car without pressing on the gas pedal to save the clutch wear. Dash light reading passenger air bag stays on unless someone is sitting on seat. Irritating.