2007 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Who built this car?
By FirstTimeBuyer on 09/10/09 06:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle brand new as my first car two years ago. Since then, I replaced four tires, brakes, battery and now my alternator is gone out. And luckily for GM after the bumper to bumper warranty. No one can explain to me other then mileage why this car is failing me. No harsh driving just work was far and assisting others in the home with their daily routine. No help for anything but has overpriced for all services. Complaints or concerns are never heard and no offer of extended warranty to help ease the cost. From this point I have lost all faith in GM, and have decided that I would not buy Chevy ever again. GM fix this problem and maybe your problem will be fixed.

problems
By troubled on 08/11/09 15:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Our Aveo has 63,000 miles. We purchased it as a small reliable car for our son who is in college. The car isn't what was promised. The radio comes on when the weather is damp or when it rains. The airbag sensor is on and one corner of the airbag cover came off. We have had problems with the horn blowing and the interior lights. The recall concerning the fuel pump running in a front end collision has us concerned too. After 4 calls GMC is finally working with us. We will not buy another one.

radiator problems
By philipmd on 08/06/09 16:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Radiator leaks on the 10th month was replaced under warranty. On the 25th month at 23ooo miles, again the radiator leaks. It will no longer be covered with warranty according to the dealer bec. I had my vehicle serviced by another autoshop since I relocated. What a great headache. Avoid this Chevrolet aveo sedan.

07 Aveo LS sedan
By corvette owner on 04/17/09 07:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car this month in order to get too and from school. What a great investment. this is my first manual transmission car and "BOY" is this little thing fun.It looks good going down the road and is an overall great car. Not to mention this thing will take you 400 miles on a single tank of gas.

Great little car, glad I bought it
By celticgent2 on 04/01/09 12:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2007 Aveo 5 door hatch back LS with automatic trans and air conditioning for my 16 year old daughter. That was 2 and a half years and 30,000 miles ago. Its been a great little car ! No problems at all and gets great gas mileage. This was the perfect car for my daughter to learn how to drive. Its easy to drive, has great visibility and very good safety features like side impact air bags with good crash test ratings. I guy at work has the same car but with a manual transmission and he swears he is getting 40 MPG ! What do people expect from a $12,000 car ? Its a great value.

Chey Aveo 2007 Review
By Nancy on 03/26/09 21:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car. It was cheap. I wanted something inexpensive that was good on gas mileage and reliable. Paid $8,100 out the door. No air conditioner, but it has a lot of good features that years ago would have been considered an upgrade. Very reliable and so cute!

Very Reliable
By Albert on 02/27/09 20:06 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Only my 3rd vehicle(all Chevy) to never have a problem. Put 62000 miles in 54 weeks on this car. changed tires at 45000 miles. Been a surprise as to driving. Due to my financial problems sold 3 Mercedes ,sl55,s55,cl55 and a 2007 corvette. Very surprised the performance and seats did not bother me after coming out of my prior vehicles. Was very bad and only changed oil 1 time and never went in for normal service. oil level never went down even after long quick trips. Gad millage at 85 was 27-29.5. Wind can push this car very easy and had occasionally caused the steering wheel to be knocked out of my hand. Breaks squeaked a lot in the morning

Love this car
By kjstrouble on 02/20/09 06:19 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have found this a fun replacement for my 10 year old Elantra. It has great pick up and better than advertised mileage. This was a nice surprise because I bought it mainly for the price and lower insurance cost. But as a tall person, I fit better in this than in any of the comparable cars I tried out.

What a car
By hubbard on 11/21/08 12:00 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

For the price that I paid, this car was a bargain. I know it's for transportation, but this car is incredibly fun to drive. I've put over 8000 mi on it so far and I've found it to be very comfortable even for 8 hour drives. It also has been averaging 32mpg on my way from Boston to DC so I've also been saving up to 80 dollars round trip, which is incredible. All in all, it has lots of space, room for 5 (reasonably comfortable), it's great on gas, and it gets you place to place with a 100000mi warranty for 11,000. Money well spent.

Great Commuter Car!
By Aveo Mike on 11/21/08 09:15 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car does what you expect it to do - save money at the pump for a reasonably priced car. I owned it for 31,500 miles (almost 2 years-before I crashed it). My only complaint was that the front tires wore down after 22,000 miles, and the seats could be more comfortable. Other than that, the car pays for itself by laughing at gas pumps. Bought it as a commuter car going 60 miles a day, and never got less than 26 mpg city. Highway got 32~33 mpg easy. I crashed it recently, and the front collapsed well like an accordian- and I walked away without a scratch.I am 6'3 tall and fit well inside. Solid car for the price. Trunk is big,"hold" traction button puts car into lower gear for torque traction

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.