2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Not good in the real world
By Ramblenon on 01/17/10 08:34 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have the automatic transmission, and believe me the gas mileage is no where thry say it should be. were lucky if we get 27 -28 on the highway and maybe 19 -21 in the city. Winter driving is even worse and when it gets below 20" the car never really warms up. While it is a fun car to drive the inside is layed out poorly, Of the worst the cup holders are right in front of the controls which makes the controls hard to use. Over all I would never buy another Aveo unles they made major improvements. I've been A GM owner all My life and this has been one of my worst experiences.

Great until recently (valve issues)
By good so far, but.... on 10/07/09 18:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Reliable (inc. all the way down to - 10F no issue). Not sporty (understeer), or sexy, but a very functional commuter. Inexpensive/easy to maintain, great on gas (35mpg at 80mph), BUT at 30 000, was getting 'bucking' cold (about 40F outside) when slowing at stop signs, and bucking when cold at 30mph (with flashing check engine light) - deayler confirmed valve issue (to be fixed under warranty). Synthetic oil since I got it didn't save it from this defect. Also had belt tensionner issues and rotor vibration (turning the rotors fixed that). Otherwise, I do like the car, and the service is friendly/trustworthy (they are throwing in a new Timing belt install)

my cat is awesome
By mikey on 09/16/09 13:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

had this for appx 2 years,no problems,get 45 mpg highway mpg if kept under 65 miles per hour, its not a perfect car ,but what can you buy new for $8995.oo. if you know what your doing you can modify this car and improve your mpg

problems
By troubled on 08/11/09 15:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Our Aveo has 63,000 miles. We purchased it as a small reliable car for our son who is in college. The car isn't what was promised. The radio comes on when the weather is damp or when it rains. The airbag sensor is on and one corner of the airbag cover came off. We have had problems with the horn blowing and the interior lights. The recall concerning the fuel pump running in a front end collision has us concerned too. After 4 calls GMC is finally working with us. We will not buy another one.

Great little car, glad I bought it
By celticgent2 on 04/01/09 12:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2007 Aveo 5 door hatch back LS with automatic trans and air conditioning for my 16 year old daughter. That was 2 and a half years and 30,000 miles ago. Its been a great little car ! No problems at all and gets great gas mileage. This was the perfect car for my daughter to learn how to drive. Its easy to drive, has great visibility and very good safety features like side impact air bags with good crash test ratings. I guy at work has the same car but with a manual transmission and he swears he is getting 40 MPG ! What do people expect from a $12,000 car ? Its a great value.

Very Reliable
By Albert on 02/27/09 20:06 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Only my 3rd vehicle(all Chevy) to never have a problem. Put 62000 miles in 54 weeks on this car. changed tires at 45000 miles. Been a surprise as to driving. Due to my financial problems sold 3 Mercedes ,sl55,s55,cl55 and a 2007 corvette. Very surprised the performance and seats did not bother me after coming out of my prior vehicles. Was very bad and only changed oil 1 time and never went in for normal service. oil level never went down even after long quick trips. Gad millage at 85 was 27-29.5. Wind can push this car very easy and had occasionally caused the steering wheel to be knocked out of my hand. Breaks squeaked a lot in the morning

What a car
By hubbard on 11/21/08 12:00 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

For the price that I paid, this car was a bargain. I know it's for transportation, but this car is incredibly fun to drive. I've put over 8000 mi on it so far and I've found it to be very comfortable even for 8 hour drives. It also has been averaging 32mpg on my way from Boston to DC so I've also been saving up to 80 dollars round trip, which is incredible. All in all, it has lots of space, room for 5 (reasonably comfortable), it's great on gas, and it gets you place to place with a 100000mi warranty for 11,000. Money well spent.

Happy to have one!
By Joey V on 10/13/08 18:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I once had a Ford Escort but that was a while ago. I drive 48 miles 1 way to work, and drive on the coast of Califonia. Speed limit 65. I work early so no one on the road and I drive 60 mph. Nice ride to and from work, getting 38 mpg. It will be my 14yr old daughter's in 2 yrs and she loves it. Big change from my Suzuki XL-7 which my college son drives now.

Good Economical and tough car
By middleofnowhere on 09/17/08 21:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I work in construction and drive in the dirt every day. My work is all over Southern California. This is a well put together car. When I first bought and it was clean, I took wife and friends out to dinner several times. Lots of interior room. Now my car is constantly dirty, so I only use for work. I get 27 mpg with AC running and mixed driving. During winter I get about 30 with mixed driving. Interior is functional. Good ground clearance. Very happy and recommend.

I Love Basic Transportation.
By hawaiianbuffet on 09/11/08 00:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Just got a night work shift so I can catch the bus now after driving days for three months. Everything I expect from a $10,000 car with a $2,000 rebate, and another $1,000. from charging groceries on my GM mastercard credit card points. This Korean made car has a 1.6 liter engine to handle the load from the A/C. Since the Special Value doesn't have A/C, it has a lot of power. I drive 95% freeway and get 37 MPG. Same as a Cavalier with a larger motor. Seating is OK. Not plush. What else can I say about a basic car? Will buy another one in three years.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.