Used 2007 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

turns out to be ok
By christopher wilkins

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have come to love driving it but it lacks acceleration and the miles per gallon are not that great. I estimate that I get maybe 15mpg as oppose to the 26 to 32 that I have seen posted on the sticker. The head room is great, as for the leg room which can become an issue with passengers in the back. I like the handling around corners and how smooth the ride is. All in all, I've grown to love the cars qualities as well as its downsides

The handling around corners and the music features are great.

In my opinion, the car needs to be just a little bigger for the passengers in the rear, as well as the acceleration being a little more faster. I understand that it is a 4-cylinder but you can not drive on the freeway if it takes ten minutes to get on it (joking not actually ten minutes).

Good long Hauler
By Living in NY

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We just got our Aveo in December. I used it for a business conferance to Lake Geroge - 350 miles across southern NY. I set the cruise at 70 for most of the trip. I'm a big fellow - 270 - and I felt the car was pretty peppy. Lots of head room and body room. And considering I averaged 34 mpg, I think the car's a good deal. The dealer sold the car to us for just under 12000, including rebates. All we added was cruise control. We only have three thousand miles on it, but so far it runs like a champ. By the by. I had good winter tires installed at purchased - along with extra rims. The car handles very well in heavy snow and on ice with those tires.

Spaciousness inside. And we both liked the looks. could have bought a higher priced car, but didn't find one we liked as much.

My 1988 Chevy Celebrity - 2.8 v6 - got 33 mpg. You'd think that with 20 years of improved technology we'd be able to get better than 34 with such a small car as the Aveo. Come on guys! You can do better.

2007 New body Aveo LT
By xmktg

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Very nice car for the money. I was totally surprised at the interior design, fit and finish, layout and features loaded into my 07 Aveo LT. I switched out a few things and customized the car, like two tone black and tan leather seats. The factory only offers tan leather, a little too much. Gets good gas mileage, has plenty of space and really no complaints. I even went back to the dealer just to price some parts to see the cost and the parts are inexpensive!

Interior design on the LT, top of the line.

Best Deal on the Road!
By intexas2

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Best deal on basic transportation, hands down! Drove out of the dealership with a brand new Aveo for $7250. Granted, this included a $2K GM Card rebate, but without it, I would have gotten it for $8250, a price including TTL. Performance is adequate, lots of room, and no power locks/windows that will break in a few years anyways. Great GM warranty. Build quality is very good. Engine is a bit weak; you'll need to downshift to make it up a steep hill. Gas mileage is good, not stellar. Appreciate the side-impact airbags. For the price, it's unbeatable! Lots of 2007's still on dealer lots if you look.

Like the circle theme in the cabin. I'm 6'4" and can drive comfortably.

Wheel covers look a little cheesy up close. Stronger engine and better fuel economy. (I used to get 45 mpg in a Geo Metro, so I may have unrealistic expectations for a modern car.)

The Good and The Bad
By willie m

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Wanted a solid commuter with modern options, and liked the look of the newly redesigned Aveo. No doubt, this is a small car, but it does feel pretty spacious on the inside. I got the LT with leatherette interior, and it is definitely a cut above your average domestic. The car feels solid and is easy to drive; my only real concern is high winds on the interstate. Car feels like it might simply get carried up up and away. Also, long-term quality is a possible issue but I guess I'll just have to see on that one.

Overall interior design, lots of little features such as heated mirrors, mp3 input jack, steering wheel radio controls, keyless controls on the actual key, useful storage spots (although very limited in number), easy to park, etc etc

Fix the cupholders, the current ones are a complete joke. I don't understand how Chevy could design such a pimped-out leatherette and woodgrain interior but put in plastic Fisher- Price cupholders in there too. Ridiculous. Also, put in a power lock button for the driver at least. Did you forget??