Used 2007 Chevrolet Aveo LT Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Great Car, Simple and Fun!
By Shauna

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have really enjoyed my Chevy Aveo. I purchased this vehicle right out of college looking to save money on gas and the purchase price. I have not had any problems with the vehicle at all. I keep up on all the maintenance and just got new tires at 46,000 miles. Not a luxury car for sure but the LT is nice with leather, wood and some stainless accents...plus the AUX is nice and the 6 disc changer. Everything I needed and would definitely recommend it! p.s. I live in WI...handles unreal in the snow for the size! My first winter I was REALLY nervous but my pumpkin (burnt orange:) never let me down!

$28 to fill my tank...enough said.

Cup holders are a little weak...I am very careful and have not broken any yet but I could see it happening if you were not paying attention.

Gets you from A to B
By JimHo

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Just traded an 07 Aveo LT sedan/automatic in a few months ago. It had no real issues and it got the job done for me until I was ready to move up to something nicer. The engine is tiny but then again the car is pretty small. You aren't going to win any races in this thing but I could still pass safely on 2 lane roads. Driver visibility is excellent on this car due to the high seating position and wide windshield. Due to size, the car is also very agile in low speed tight turns, so it's easy to park and weave through city traffic. On the LT (maybe others) they also throw in a lot of nice options that you wouldn't expect in this price class, like heated mirrors and foglights.

Driver visibility, foglights, heated mirrors. Decent fuel economy in city driving. Exterior styling is actually pretty nice. Interior on sedan seems more spacious and doesn't feel like other subcompacts.

Fuel tank is too small for long highway roadtrips and the small engine struggled with hilly roads, forcing the RPMs way up and not getting good mileage at all. I know it's a subcompact but its safety features are pretty basic and that's one reason I traded up within 2.5 years of buying.

I've grown to like it.
By Unclewally

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my brand new black LT 4 door with all options except sunroof, leather and steering wheel audio controls. I checked around and it was the least expensive car with the options I wanted. I needed a more fuel economical car being that I commute 150 miles round trip a day, for four days. My 11 mpg (highway) Ford Explorer, V8, All Wheel Drive was killing me at the pump. (I still love my truck). I put the car to the test as soon as I got it. I had a custom made tow hitch installed to pull a mini tear drop cargo trailer and drove to Houston Texas. She was loaded with 3 adults and pulling a loaded mini trailer. She didn't miss a beat. Mind you the car is cheesy. You get what you pay for.

Good handling, bright head lights and fog lights. Side marker/signal lights are a good safety feature. Plenty headroom (I'm 6'2'' 200lbs), good tires, exterior design is nice, easy to change oil yourself (oil filter front and centered) good brakes. I gotta say, car has the best bang for the buck.

Interior lighting (only 1 roof light, positioned to the front, try moving it to the center to illuminate more of the car). Weak cup holders, cheesy plastic interior parts and molding. Needs more horsepower and torque. 2 more inches of legroom at the front and back. Better stereo system with subwoofe

2007 New body Aveo LT
By xmktg

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Very nice car for the money. I was totally surprised at the interior design, fit and finish, layout and features loaded into my 07 Aveo LT. I switched out a few things and customized the car, like two tone black and tan leather seats. The factory only offers tan leather, a little too much. Gets good gas mileage, has plenty of space and really no complaints. I even went back to the dealer just to price some parts to see the cost and the parts are inexpensive!

Interior design on the LT, top of the line.

The Good and The Bad
By willie m

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Wanted a solid commuter with modern options, and liked the look of the newly redesigned Aveo. No doubt, this is a small car, but it does feel pretty spacious on the inside. I got the LT with leatherette interior, and it is definitely a cut above your average domestic. The car feels solid and is easy to drive; my only real concern is high winds on the interstate. Car feels like it might simply get carried up up and away. Also, long-term quality is a possible issue but I guess I'll just have to see on that one.

Overall interior design, lots of little features such as heated mirrors, mp3 input jack, steering wheel radio controls, keyless controls on the actual key, useful storage spots (although very limited in number), easy to park, etc etc

Fix the cupholders, the current ones are a complete joke. I don't understand how Chevy could design such a pimped-out leatherette and woodgrain interior but put in plastic Fisher- Price cupholders in there too. Ridiculous. Also, put in a power lock button for the driver at least. Did you forget??