2007 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Aveo 2007 Electrical Problems
By grams45 on 08/18/11 19:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2007 Chevy Aveo. Within the past four weeks, my car would not start after sitting overnight..I had it charged, and purchased a new battery. The very next day, the battery was dead...a new battery mind you. I took the battery back to the auto parts store and had it tested. I was told the battery was good. This had been going on for a week. So, I took my vehicle to the Chevy dealership and was told that I needed an alternator. A new alternator was installed. Since it the inception of the new one, the vehicle still continues to not start. I took the new battery back to the Auto parts store...I had it checked and it read good battery. I insisted on a new battery and received a new one installed. Again, the battery test and a systems test is reading with a 120A as suspect problem somewhere in the electrical system. Please tell me what I should be telling the chevy/GM technicans in order to make sure my car is being checked correctly.

Don't buy this car!
By lyds7 on 05/28/11 12:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car in 2007. Between 30K and 40K the timing belt broke and destroyed the motor. We put in new motor. The motor still isn't running right. The radiator was rubbed by the fan and made a hole in the radiator and we had to replace the radiator. Asked the chevy house why this hasn't been recalled they don't know. Put some foam pieces between the radiator and the fan. Foam pieces have fallen out. Expecting the radiator to have another hole and have to be replaced. It is a standard and is hard to shift. Please run from this car.

Little Red Car
By D Johnson on 03/04/10 16:34 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car for commuting after the gas prices finally got too much for me to pay with my truck. Been through two midwest winters and although it is small and light, trouble on the road from snow and ice has been minimal. The heater puts out enough heat to be comfortable and the vents are well placed for comfort. The high seating position is a treat and the turning radius makes in town driving easy. Bought the car used so had to accept that there is no cd player, but the aux. input has more than made up for it. The car has more pick up and go than I had anticipated and has great driver visibility and has been extremely reliable up to this point.

Great Car, Simple and Fun!
By Shauna on 02/10/10 13:55 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have really enjoyed my Chevy Aveo. I purchased this vehicle right out of college looking to save money on gas and the purchase price. I have not had any problems with the vehicle at all. I keep up on all the maintenance and just got new tires at 46,000 miles. Not a luxury car for sure but the LT is nice with leather, wood and some stainless accents...plus the AUX is nice and the 6 disc changer. Everything I needed and would definitely recommend it! p.s. I live in WI...handles unreal in the snow for the size! My first winter I was REALLY nervous but my pumpkin (burnt orange:) never let me down!

emissions or valves
By Debbie on 02/04/10 18:48 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Starting at 20,000 miles the car would die, would not start or started rough. At a stop light it would idle ok but when I gave it gas it would continue to idle, didn't move. I was told this was loss of compression. Gm is sort of working with me on this, I believe what they were saying is the emissions would not totally leave the valves and when it fired again, you get carbonization on the valves. They have cleaned the valves with a cleaner ($400.00 thank you). What's next a valve job. Is gm kidding? this is a flaw in the engine design, or is it the emissions? will is pass emissions? it is great on gas, oh yah supreme only is recommended, it Burns hotter. Last Chevy for me!

Driving a Lemon
By Amanda10 on 12/23/09 16:18 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My car handles very well in rough terrain and snow and that is the only thing I like about it. Since I have had it I have had nothing but problems with the engine and with the electrical system. I have no heat in my car and have taken it to 2 mechanics whom said they don't know what is wrong.

Gets you from A to B
By JimHo on 11/14/09 19:46 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Just traded an 07 Aveo LT sedan/automatic in a few months ago. It had no real issues and it got the job done for me until I was ready to move up to something nicer. The engine is tiny but then again the car is pretty small. You aren't going to win any races in this thing but I could still pass safely on 2 lane roads. Driver visibility is excellent on this car due to the high seating position and wide windshield. Due to size, the car is also very agile in low speed tight turns, so it's easy to park and weave through city traffic. On the LT (maybe others) they also throw in a lot of nice options that you wouldn't expect in this price class, like heated mirrors and foglights.

Who built this car?
By FirstTimeBuyer on 09/10/09 06:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle brand new as my first car two years ago. Since then, I replaced four tires, brakes, battery and now my alternator is gone out. And luckily for GM after the bumper to bumper warranty. No one can explain to me other then mileage why this car is failing me. No harsh driving just work was far and assisting others in the home with their daily routine. No help for anything but has overpriced for all services. Complaints or concerns are never heard and no offer of extended warranty to help ease the cost. From this point I have lost all faith in GM, and have decided that I would not buy Chevy ever again. GM fix this problem and maybe your problem will be fixed.

radiator problems
By philipmd on 08/06/09 16:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Radiator leaks on the 10th month was replaced under warranty. On the 25th month at 23ooo miles, again the radiator leaks. It will no longer be covered with warranty according to the dealer bec. I had my vehicle serviced by another autoshop since I relocated. What a great headache. Avoid this Chevrolet aveo sedan.

07 Aveo LS sedan
By corvette owner on 04/17/09 07:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car this month in order to get too and from school. What a great investment. this is my first manual transmission car and "BOY" is this little thing fun.It looks good going down the road and is an overall great car. Not to mention this thing will take you 400 miles on a single tank of gas.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.