Used 2007 Chevrolet Aveo Aveo5 LS Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Reliable, comfortable, safe
By alisotoga11

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this used with 40k 2 years ago for 8500. No problems, put on nice Michelin tires and it handles good. The very cheap tires on it had it squeal around corners. Drive it to San Francisco, park it anywhere, same size as a Mini, and get a solid 30+mpg. Only thing I do not like is no cruise control, for the money I would buy another. It stills runs good, and think it will a while longer.

Favorite Features

Size, comfortable seats up to 3 hours a day.

Suggested Improvements

Being a Honda in name, about the same as a Fit or a Yaris and the Nissan.

07 Chevy Aveo: Electrical issues
By krystalb1

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have 69,000 miles on my car right now. A few months back, my horn went out, so I obviously checked for a fuse, fuse was blown so I bought fuses. As I was putting the fuses in, they were blowing out instantaneously. The last fuse I put in didn't blow out right away, so I turn the car on and all of the sudden the entire horn harnesss goes up in smoke, blew out my horn entirely. Mechanic tells me I can fix the problem which has potential to be expensive or bypass it and put in a "button" to replace the horn. As I was contemplating this decision, my interior lights went out and so did my outside lights, but only on the passenger side. Weirdest thing ever, any suggestions on what happened?

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage; plenty of interior space; drives smooth; fits in any parking space.

Suggested Improvements

Make windows and locks electrical; I would suggest Chevy re-evaluates the timing belt and electrical work because the seem to be the most common problems with these cars.

Not as good on gas as I thought
By deltatide

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

However, check engine lights have came on and the throttle body/sensors are having to be replaced. Only trouble that I have had with the car. Took a while to diagnose the problem, but perhaps this will correct the unexpectedly gas mileage.

Favorite Features

The size of the car itself is my favorite feature. It has a small chassis, yet the interior is the same size as my friends Accura.

Suggested Improvements

Easy to fold down rear seat. Not a lot of storage in the hatch as it is. Needs easier access to more space.

Numerous Problems
By Greg

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Had the engine cylinder heads replaced, then the engine was leaking oil had the pump seal replaced and crankshaft seal replaced. SES light coming on and shorted wire replaced. had the cylinder heads replaced again.CD player skipped and the passenger airbag light stayed on and had that fixed. Worst car I have owned.

run far run fast don't buy an Aveo
By RunAwayFromAVEO

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it pre-owned but it was certified. Had it tested at Chevy dealership and they said a good car for the money. Only had it 3 years drive it in Houston to and from work and so far have replaced throttle body assembly 3 times, replaced both front struts at 34000 miles as they were leaking, had an oil leak, replaced shifter assembly & sensor most recently as car would not shift out of park. to day car has been in shop for repairs 14x since April 2008. Not including regular maintenance which I do regular. Purchased this as I needed a reliable car good on gas to go to and from work. A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT & BIG MISTAKE. tryign to work something out with GM & Chevy and so far no results ;-(

Favorite Features

fold flat seat in the hatchback allow me to fit my 2 large breed dogs. That is about the only feature. I should have bought a Honda Fit, Nissan Versa or a Toyota Yarus.

Suggested Improvements

Chevy should recall all the Aveo's and buy back from owners. At least with the Toyota recall they are doing something to help the owners.