2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Very dependable and great on gas!
By amack1 on 07/08/11 12:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little Aveo, I bought it brand new in April of 2007 and the only things I've had to do where get the valve cover replaced (under warranty), change a relay switch which cost me less than $20, wheel bearings at 60k and regular maintenance. I've used mobil 1 in my car since the day I brought it home, literally and I've had no problems! It is fun to drive, the easiest 5 speed I swear, I just changed the brakes for the 1st time at 90k miles. (you don't use much with a stick). It has been very reliable and great on gas, i usually get 35-37 mpg, never under 32mpg. If you treat it right, it will return the favor!

Not bad for the price
By Al in Texas on 07/01/10 16:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a 2007 Aveo as a year-end clearout. After rebates (factory and GM Card), I drove out of the dealership with a new car for around $7000. Not bad! Problems: Engine light came on three times before dealer was able to fix a coolant leak. All work under warranty. Otherwise, car has been reliable transportation. Average 33 mpg with mostly freeway driving.

Cheap Car (Junk)
By Chevyman on 06/02/10 09:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I Bought my Aveo in Jan. 2009, I put a lot of miles on a car, I was hoping that this car would be dependable cheap transportation, not the case at all. My 2008 has been at the Chevy dealer more in the past two months, than at my house. Gas mileage has dropped, multiple idiot lights on, worst one is the engine light, they have replace multiple components, still not fixed lucky for me it was a "certified" car and I still had a little bit of warranty on it, I am sure the bill would exceed what the car is worth. I am a Chevy guy, I have to say this is the worst piece of crap that Chevy has ever put their bow tie on, I would recommend this car to my ex-wife enough said. Also Horrible in snow.

Cheap transportation
By dleebold on 04/11/10 18:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought aveo used with 21,000 miles. Had new front brakes and rotors installed because the rotors were warped. So far it's been a good car. Fun to drive, easy on gas, and I'm 6,2" and it's easy for me to get in and out. For a small car, interior has a lot of room. Easy to get around in snow. I would buy another.

Good, if it weren't for the problems
By frustrated owner on 04/03/10 05:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Should have known when I picked up the 1 year old used car from the dealer with the check engine light on (throttle body). Then 6 months later, needed a new cylinder head (valve sealing issues causing misfires). Then timing belt tensioner problem (noisy), then drivebelt tensioner (noisy), then brakes (vibration), and now throttle body engine error codes again. All warranty except the brakes(free for me, apart from not having the car). Service is doing what they can, but the car has been in service for about 10% of the time I have owned it! Good thing I have a reliable 11 year old backup car. Problems seem to be focused in specific areas...

my cat is awesome
By mikey on 09/16/09 13:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

had this for appx 2 years,no problems,get 45 mpg highway mpg if kept under 65 miles per hour, its not a perfect car ,but what can you buy new for $8995.oo. if you know what your doing you can modify this car and improve your mpg

problems
By troubled on 08/11/09 15:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Our Aveo has 63,000 miles. We purchased it as a small reliable car for our son who is in college. The car isn't what was promised. The radio comes on when the weather is damp or when it rains. The airbag sensor is on and one corner of the airbag cover came off. We have had problems with the horn blowing and the interior lights. The recall concerning the fuel pump running in a front end collision has us concerned too. After 4 calls GMC is finally working with us. We will not buy another one.

Happy to have one!
By Joey V on 10/13/08 18:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I once had a Ford Escort but that was a while ago. I drive 48 miles 1 way to work, and drive on the coast of Califonia. Speed limit 65. I work early so no one on the road and I drive 60 mph. Nice ride to and from work, getting 38 mpg. It will be my 14yr old daughter's in 2 yrs and she loves it. Big change from my Suzuki XL-7 which my college son drives now.

I Love Basic Transportation.
By hawaiianbuffet on 09/11/08 00:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Just got a night work shift so I can catch the bus now after driving days for three months. Everything I expect from a $10,000 car with a $2,000 rebate, and another $1,000. from charging groceries on my GM mastercard credit card points. This Korean made car has a 1.6 liter engine to handle the load from the A/C. Since the Special Value doesn't have A/C, it has a lot of power. I drive 95% freeway and get 37 MPG. Same as a Cavalier with a larger motor. Seating is OK. Not plush. What else can I say about a basic car? Will buy another one in three years.

Don't believe the window sticker
By Jeff on 04/30/08 17:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

There is plenty of room in the front, although the seats could be more comfortable for longer legged people. The styling is similar to many others on the road now, and can be made to look pretty sporty. The worst drawback is the mileage. I drive 40 mises a day,35 of it no the freeway, and it averages 31 MPG. Not too good for a 1.6 liter four cylinder with almost no horsepower. I bought it thinking it would be alot like the Geo Metro only bigger. The Metro was quicker,and got half again more mileage, Boy do I miss it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.