Used 2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Reliable, comfortable, safe
By alisotoga11

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this used with 40k 2 years ago for 8500. No problems, put on nice Michelin tires and it handles good. The very cheap tires on it had it squeal around corners. Drive it to San Francisco, park it anywhere, same size as a Mini, and get a solid 30+mpg. Only thing I do not like is no cruise control, for the money I would buy another. It stills runs good, and think it will a while longer.

Size, comfortable seats up to 3 hours a day.

Being a Honda in name, about the same as a Fit or a Yaris and the Nissan.

Very dependable and great on gas!
By amack1

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little Aveo, I bought it brand new in April of 2007 and the only things I've had to do where get the valve cover replaced (under warranty), change a relay switch which cost me less than $20, wheel bearings at 60k and regular maintenance. I've used mobil 1 in my car since the day I brought it home, literally and I've had no problems! It is fun to drive, the easiest 5 speed I swear, I just changed the brakes for the 1st time at 90k miles. (you don't use much with a stick). It has been very reliable and great on gas, i usually get 35-37 mpg, never under 32mpg. If you treat it right, it will return the favor!

Gas mileage; 35-37mpg regularly Easy to drive Fits a ton in the back when you put the seats down! Enough pep to get you on the interstate and moving with traffic in no time Easy to change oil and easy to reach anything under the hood if needed

Windows fog up when it rains and snows No A/C on the SVM other than that I've found the Aveo 5 SVM to be a great little car and extremely reliable.

07 Chevy Aveo: Electrical issues
By krystalb1

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have 69,000 miles on my car right now. A few months back, my horn went out, so I obviously checked for a fuse, fuse was blown so I bought fuses. As I was putting the fuses in, they were blowing out instantaneously. The last fuse I put in didn't blow out right away, so I turn the car on and all of the sudden the entire horn harnesss goes up in smoke, blew out my horn entirely. Mechanic tells me I can fix the problem which has potential to be expensive or bypass it and put in a "button" to replace the horn. As I was contemplating this decision, my interior lights went out and so did my outside lights, but only on the passenger side. Weirdest thing ever, any suggestions on what happened?

Good gas mileage; plenty of interior space; drives smooth; fits in any parking space.

Make windows and locks electrical; I would suggest Chevy re-evaluates the timing belt and electrical work because the seem to be the most common problems with these cars.

Not as good on gas as I thought
By deltatide

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

However, check engine lights have came on and the throttle body/sensors are having to be replaced. Only trouble that I have had with the car. Took a while to diagnose the problem, but perhaps this will correct the unexpectedly gas mileage.

The size of the car itself is my favorite feature. It has a small chassis, yet the interior is the same size as my friends Accura.

Easy to fold down rear seat. Not a lot of storage in the hatch as it is. Needs easier access to more space.

Numerous Problems
By Greg

2007 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Had the engine cylinder heads replaced, then the engine was leaking oil had the pump seal replaced and crankshaft seal replaced. SES light coming on and shorted wire replaced. had the cylinder heads replaced again.CD player skipped and the passenger airbag light stayed on and had that fixed. Worst car I have owned.