2007 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Reliable, comfortable, safe
By alisotoga11 on 12/20/11 14:52 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this used with 40k 2 years ago for 8500. No problems, put on nice Michelin tires and it handles good. The very cheap tires on it had it squeal around corners. Drive it to San Francisco, park it anywhere, same size as a Mini, and get a solid 30+mpg. Only thing I do not like is no cruise control, for the money I would buy another. It stills runs good, and think it will a while longer.

07 Chevy Aveo: Electrical issues
By krystalb1 on 06/17/11 17:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have 69,000 miles on my car right now. A few months back, my horn went out, so I obviously checked for a fuse, fuse was blown so I bought fuses. As I was putting the fuses in, they were blowing out instantaneously. The last fuse I put in didn't blow out right away, so I turn the car on and all of the sudden the entire horn harnesss goes up in smoke, blew out my horn entirely. Mechanic tells me I can fix the problem which has potential to be expensive or bypass it and put in a "button" to replace the horn. As I was contemplating this decision, my interior lights went out and so did my outside lights, but only on the passenger side. Weirdest thing ever, any suggestions on what happened?

Not as good on gas as I thought
By deltatide on 09/01/10 15:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

However, check engine lights have came on and the throttle body/sensors are having to be replaced. Only trouble that I have had with the car. Took a while to diagnose the problem, but perhaps this will correct the unexpectedly gas mileage.

Numerous Problems
By Greg on 08/10/10 13:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Had the engine cylinder heads replaced, then the engine was leaking oil had the pump seal replaced and crankshaft seal replaced. SES light coming on and shorted wire replaced. had the cylinder heads replaced again.CD player skipped and the passenger airbag light stayed on and had that fixed. Worst car I have owned.

run far run fast don't buy an Aveo
By RunAwayFromAVEO on 02/25/10 17:17 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it pre-owned but it was certified. Had it tested at Chevy dealership and they said a good car for the money. Only had it 3 years drive it in Houston to and from work and so far have replaced throttle body assembly 3 times, replaced both front struts at 34000 miles as they were leaking, had an oil leak, replaced shifter assembly & sensor most recently as car would not shift out of park. to day car has been in shop for repairs 14x since April 2008. Not including regular maintenance which I do regular. Purchased this as I needed a reliable car good on gas to go to and from work. A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT & BIG MISTAKE. tryign to work something out with GM & Chevy and so far no results ;-(

Not good in the real world
By Ramblenon on 01/17/10 08:34 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have the automatic transmission, and believe me the gas mileage is no where thry say it should be. were lucky if we get 27 -28 on the highway and maybe 19 -21 in the city. Winter driving is even worse and when it gets below 20" the car never really warms up. While it is a fun car to drive the inside is layed out poorly, Of the worst the cup holders are right in front of the controls which makes the controls hard to use. Over all I would never buy another Aveo unles they made major improvements. I've been A GM owner all My life and this has been one of my worst experiences.

Great until recently (valve issues)
By good so far, but.... on 10/07/09 18:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Reliable (inc. all the way down to - 10F no issue). Not sporty (understeer), or sexy, but a very functional commuter. Inexpensive/easy to maintain, great on gas (35mpg at 80mph), BUT at 30 000, was getting 'bucking' cold (about 40F outside) when slowing at stop signs, and bucking when cold at 30mph (with flashing check engine light) - deayler confirmed valve issue (to be fixed under warranty). Synthetic oil since I got it didn't save it from this defect. Also had belt tensionner issues and rotor vibration (turning the rotors fixed that). Otherwise, I do like the car, and the service is friendly/trustworthy (they are throwing in a new Timing belt install)

Great little car, glad I bought it
By celticgent2 on 04/01/09 12:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2007 Aveo 5 door hatch back LS with automatic trans and air conditioning for my 16 year old daughter. That was 2 and a half years and 30,000 miles ago. Its been a great little car ! No problems at all and gets great gas mileage. This was the perfect car for my daughter to learn how to drive. Its easy to drive, has great visibility and very good safety features like side impact air bags with good crash test ratings. I guy at work has the same car but with a manual transmission and he swears he is getting 40 MPG ! What do people expect from a $12,000 car ? Its a great value.

Very Reliable
By Albert on 02/27/09 20:06 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Only my 3rd vehicle(all Chevy) to never have a problem. Put 62000 miles in 54 weeks on this car. changed tires at 45000 miles. Been a surprise as to driving. Due to my financial problems sold 3 Mercedes ,sl55,s55,cl55 and a 2007 corvette. Very surprised the performance and seats did not bother me after coming out of my prior vehicles. Was very bad and only changed oil 1 time and never went in for normal service. oil level never went down even after long quick trips. Gad millage at 85 was 27-29.5. Wind can push this car very easy and had occasionally caused the steering wheel to be knocked out of my hand. Breaks squeaked a lot in the morning

What a car
By hubbard on 11/21/08 12:00 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

For the price that I paid, this car was a bargain. I know it's for transportation, but this car is incredibly fun to drive. I've put over 8000 mi on it so far and I've found it to be very comfortable even for 8 hour drives. It also has been averaging 32mpg on my way from Boston to DC so I've also been saving up to 80 dollars round trip, which is incredible. All in all, it has lots of space, room for 5 (reasonably comfortable), it's great on gas, and it gets you place to place with a 100000mi warranty for 11,000. Money well spent.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.