2007 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
She's a good old gal
By lovee on 10/25/14 06:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my basic Aveo in Feb 2007 right off the lot, brand new. My little silver bullet has been a pretty car with only a few minor problems. in 2012 i had to get the valve cover gasket replaced, 2013 both rotors had gone bad, but mechanically, she really has had any major motor issues. I feel she has a few good years left, as i don't think the basic model was intended to last beyond 10yrs. But, she may surprise me and keep on going.

Reliable, comfortable, safe
By alisotoga11 on 12/20/11 14:52 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this used with 40k 2 years ago for 8500. No problems, put on nice Michelin tires and it handles good. The very cheap tires on it had it squeal around corners. Drive it to San Francisco, park it anywhere, same size as a Mini, and get a solid 30+mpg. Only thing I do not like is no cruise control, for the money I would buy another. It stills runs good, and think it will a while longer.

Aveo 2007 Electrical Problems
By grams45 on 08/18/11 19:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2007 Chevy Aveo. Within the past four weeks, my car would not start after sitting overnight..I had it charged, and purchased a new battery. The very next day, the battery was dead...a new battery mind you. I took the battery back to the auto parts store and had it tested. I was told the battery was good. This had been going on for a week. So, I took my vehicle to the Chevy dealership and was told that I needed an alternator. A new alternator was installed. Since it the inception of the new one, the vehicle still continues to not start. I took the new battery back to the Auto parts store...I had it checked and it read good battery. I insisted on a new battery and received a new one installed. Again, the battery test and a systems test is reading with a 120A as suspect problem somewhere in the electrical system. Please tell me what I should be telling the chevy/GM technicans in order to make sure my car is being checked correctly.

Very dependable and great on gas!
By amack1 on 07/08/11 12:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little Aveo, I bought it brand new in April of 2007 and the only things I've had to do where get the valve cover replaced (under warranty), change a relay switch which cost me less than $20, wheel bearings at 60k and regular maintenance. I've used mobil 1 in my car since the day I brought it home, literally and I've had no problems! It is fun to drive, the easiest 5 speed I swear, I just changed the brakes for the 1st time at 90k miles. (you don't use much with a stick). It has been very reliable and great on gas, i usually get 35-37 mpg, never under 32mpg. If you treat it right, it will return the favor!

07 Chevy Aveo: Electrical issues
By krystalb1 on 06/17/11 17:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have 69,000 miles on my car right now. A few months back, my horn went out, so I obviously checked for a fuse, fuse was blown so I bought fuses. As I was putting the fuses in, they were blowing out instantaneously. The last fuse I put in didn't blow out right away, so I turn the car on and all of the sudden the entire horn harnesss goes up in smoke, blew out my horn entirely. Mechanic tells me I can fix the problem which has potential to be expensive or bypass it and put in a "button" to replace the horn. As I was contemplating this decision, my interior lights went out and so did my outside lights, but only on the passenger side. Weirdest thing ever, any suggestions on what happened?

Don't buy this car!
By lyds7 on 05/28/11 12:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car in 2007. Between 30K and 40K the timing belt broke and destroyed the motor. We put in new motor. The motor still isn't running right. The radiator was rubbed by the fan and made a hole in the radiator and we had to replace the radiator. Asked the chevy house why this hasn't been recalled they don't know. Put some foam pieces between the radiator and the fan. Foam pieces have fallen out. Expecting the radiator to have another hole and have to be replaced. It is a standard and is hard to shift. Please run from this car.

Not as good on gas as I thought
By deltatide on 09/01/10 15:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

However, check engine lights have came on and the throttle body/sensors are having to be replaced. Only trouble that I have had with the car. Took a while to diagnose the problem, but perhaps this will correct the unexpectedly gas mileage.

Numerous Problems
By Greg on 08/10/10 13:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Had the engine cylinder heads replaced, then the engine was leaking oil had the pump seal replaced and crankshaft seal replaced. SES light coming on and shorted wire replaced. had the cylinder heads replaced again.CD player skipped and the passenger airbag light stayed on and had that fixed. Worst car I have owned.

Not bad for the price
By Al in Texas on 07/01/10 16:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a 2007 Aveo as a year-end clearout. After rebates (factory and GM Card), I drove out of the dealership with a new car for around $7000. Not bad! Problems: Engine light came on three times before dealer was able to fix a coolant leak. All work under warranty. Otherwise, car has been reliable transportation. Average 33 mpg with mostly freeway driving.

Cheap Car (Junk)
By Chevyman on 06/02/10 09:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I Bought my Aveo in Jan. 2009, I put a lot of miles on a car, I was hoping that this car would be dependable cheap transportation, not the case at all. My 2008 has been at the Chevy dealer more in the past two months, than at my house. Gas mileage has dropped, multiple idiot lights on, worst one is the engine light, they have replace multiple components, still not fixed lucky for me it was a "certified" car and I still had a little bit of warranty on it, I am sure the bill would exceed what the car is worth. I am a Chevy guy, I have to say this is the worst piece of crap that Chevy has ever put their bow tie on, I would recommend this car to my ex-wife enough said. Also Horrible in snow.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.