Used 2007 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

My first car, my first baby
By Claire B.

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My dad bought this car back in 2007 brand new when I was 13. He paid it off and when I got my driver's license, he gave it to me. I loved this car. It had all the bells and whistles at the time. Overtime things did go wrong though. The drivers door lock fell (common problem apparently), hinges were creaky and stiff, headlights burnt out constantly, and it did not hold up in accidents. That last one always made me somewhat scared to get in my vehicle. My first accident was in 2011. When I got t-boned in a parking lot. At 10mph my front axel was bent and my drivers door hinge was crumpled. Problems were fixed but never solved. Unfortunately a month ago I was rear-ended and because of the poor quality of this vehicle, it caused more damage than what the vehicle was worth. Being a 2007, it only had 54000 miles on it. I said my goodbyes today and am now beginning my search for a new car. It wasn't great quality but it was never meant to be. It was however a great first car.

She's a good old gal
By lovee

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my basic Aveo in Feb 2007 right off the lot, brand new. My little silver bullet has been a pretty car with only a few minor problems. in 2012 i had to get the valve cover gasket replaced, 2013 both rotors had gone bad, but mechanically, she really has had any major motor issues. I feel she has a few good years left, as i don't think the basic model was intended to last beyond 10yrs. But, she may surprise me and keep on going.

Economically: Good price, good gas milage. Features, well it is a basic, no AC or power anything but that is not too bad as you get what you pay for. Good all around vehicle for the money and i would by one again.

If you are used all the bells and whistles, don't get a basic, get and LT or LS. Other than that, no improvements suggested.

Reliable, comfortable, safe
By alisotoga11

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this used with 40k 2 years ago for 8500. No problems, put on nice Michelin tires and it handles good. The very cheap tires on it had it squeal around corners. Drive it to San Francisco, park it anywhere, same size as a Mini, and get a solid 30+mpg. Only thing I do not like is no cruise control, for the money I would buy another. It stills runs good, and think it will a while longer.

Size, comfortable seats up to 3 hours a day.

Being a Honda in name, about the same as a Fit or a Yaris and the Nissan.

Aveo 2007 Electrical Problems
By grams45

2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2007 Chevy Aveo.
Within the past four weeks, my car would not start after sitting overnight..I had it charged, and purchased a new battery. The very next day, the battery was dead...a new battery mind
you.
I took the battery back to the auto parts store and had it tested.
I was told the battery was good.
This had been going on for a week.
So, I took my vehicle to the Chevy dealership and was told that I needed an alternator.
A new alternator was installed.
Since it the inception of the new one, the vehicle still continues to not start.
I took the new battery back to the Auto parts store...I had it checked and it read good battery.
I insisted on a new battery and received a new one installed.
Again, the battery test and a systems test is reading with a 120A as suspect problem somewhere in the electrical system.
Please tell me what I should be telling the chevy/GM technicans in order to make sure my car is being checked correctly.

Very dependable and great on gas!
By amack1

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little Aveo, I bought it brand new in April of 2007 and the only things I've had to do where get the valve cover replaced (under warranty), change a relay switch which cost me less than $20, wheel bearings at 60k and regular maintenance. I've used mobil 1 in my car since the day I brought it home, literally and I've had no problems! It is fun to drive, the easiest 5 speed I swear, I just changed the brakes for the 1st time at 90k miles. (you don't use much with a stick). It has been very reliable and great on gas, i usually get 35-37 mpg, never under 32mpg. If you treat it right, it will return the favor!

Gas mileage; 35-37mpg regularly Easy to drive Fits a ton in the back when you put the seats down! Enough pep to get you on the interstate and moving with traffic in no time Easy to change oil and easy to reach anything under the hood if needed

Windows fog up when it rains and snows No A/C on the SVM other than that I've found the Aveo 5 SVM to be a great little car and extremely reliable.