2006 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Review: This car is crap!

2006 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Review

This car is crap!
By Jessica on

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Don't waste your money. My Aveo was brand new off the lot and I got it all the way to PA from NC. The car would shut off and I took it by a dealer who told me they were closed, to go home, and to bring it back. Come to find out the car had the wrong alternator in it. The CD player went out soon after I bought it. The dealer wouldn't fix it, said it wasn't covered under warranty. I bought a new stereo. The key gets locked in the mechanism and I can't get it out without disconnecting the battery. I have to always get tires and front end alignments, sometimes twice a year. Body scratches easily and air conditioner vents close constantly. I found out the cars have Daewoo parts as well.

Where do I start? Cup holders, cd player needs to be covered under warranty. Had the car about a month and come to find out the wrong alternator is in it. The car always needs a front end alignment. I used to put my phone in the tray under the cup holders until a drink spilled out.
By ajean24
on 02/16/12 06:23 AM (PST)

The reason you are having a hard time with the key getting "locked" is because whenyou shut off the car, make sure you push your shift to Park. ALL THE WAY TO THE LEFT. the key will come right out. I had that problem the first couple days, couldnt figure it out. But thats how to keep it from being that way.