2006 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Review: Economical Road Warrior

2006 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Review

LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Economical Road Warrior
By chuckytown on

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've put 87,000 miles on this car in 3.5 years. I'm its only driver. I've put a 6' ladder in this car (and closed the hatch), weedwacker, furniture, a dishwasher, several loads of stone, went on a 2,500 mile road trip. I drive 2 hours a day highway. Drove 6 hours in a blizzard yesterday. I've tested this car pretty good. Roads around here ate up the factory suspension. Changed timing belt at 70,000. This is our "truck". I used it as a landscaping car this summer. Fits a big cargo load with seats down. Love the LT! I will drive it to 200k! I can whip this car around country roads fast enough to induce involuntary screams from passengers, but braking and handling always compensate

Snow handling, handling steering response, reliability, fuel economy, interior room, remote entry. Looks like a GTI, almost! This thing has no velocity and stops on a dime. Fun to drive on country roads, and also in crowded city or parking lot conditions. Turning radius. Great visibility of road.

Minor electrical issues with window, cruise control, and dome light. Accelerating up steep hills can be tough. Could use more clearance. People often underestimate the roominess and handling. Too difficult to describe all the ways I love my little fuel-economic wonder car.