2006 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Review: Little car that can

2006 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Review

LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Little car that can
By Jamie on

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After comparing many different makes and models I finally settled on the Aveo. And it has not disappointed. I use my car for both personal and business uses, so I wanted good fuel economy(don't we all!) and interior room. I can honestly say that my Aveo is a better overall car and value than the 2007 Hyundai Accent and 2006 Kia Rio that I also tested and compared. The steering and suspension is tight and responsive. The engine is only rated at 103HP (lower than both the accent and rio) but it has good torque (especially from 1st to 2nd gear) to get you up to speed. Overall the cars performance and drive is better than I expected from a car of this size.

Interior room, fuel economy, 15 inch aluminum wheels and the stylish exterior design of the hatchback. The price (less than $13,000).

Improve the audio system (more speakers!), dash layout- get rid of the lights that stay on to tell me that the passenger airbag is off!, needs an interior hatchback release.