2006 Chevrolet Aveo 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Great little car

2006 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Review

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car
By dieselpower on

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm now rapidly approaching 20k miles. My Aveo continues to run with clockwork reliability. Fuel economy has ranged from a low of 32, to as high as 43 mpg. I'm 6'2" tall, and have no problem finding enough room to stretch out in this car, even on long highway trips. I also love the European urban runabout styling. I have the 5 speed manual in mine, and find the power to be plenty adequate. My only issue has been the tires, which seem to have trouble maintaining balance. Plans are to swap 'em out in the near future. Overall, I would highly recommend buying one. My neighbor was impressed enough to buy one for himself two days after I bought mine. His has also been flawless.

Favorite Features

Upright seating position, hatchback, can still fit four adults in a pint sized car.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of these junky tires. Also, cruise control needs to be made standard. The program is already present in the car's ECM, and adding the simple switch would not be an expensive addition to the car's build costs.