Dependable but Disappointed
By bab on
2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
I traded in a fully loaded Chevy Impala for this car when gas went above $4 a gallon. The Impala was getting 22 mpg city and was very very comfortable. With the Aveo, what was advertised on the window sticker, is not what I got. I usually get between 25 to 27 in the city and 30 on the highway. I should have kept my Impala. Aveo alarm goes off for no reason. I looked this problem up on the internet an nobody could get dealer to fix. One guy said to lock it with the key instead of the fob and that has resolved my problem 99% of the time. Now the hood latch is broke. Can't open back up at all. I've kept this serviced as required over the years so I'm praying it lasts me 4 to 5 more years.
Favorite Features
It still runs, I haven't been squashed like a bug yet in any mishaps, holds dents well, love the black tar on the yellow car, two drink holders right over the ashtray (where I keep my spare change) are awesome, my neighbors love my car alarm going off at 2 a.m. because of rain or strong wind.
Suggested Improvements
Potholes are like riding wooden roller coasters, alarms bad, hood latch bites, advertised gas mileage was a flat out lie, I try and take naps sometimes during my lunch hour which is awesome if you like sleeping with your knees up your rear, air conditioning vent flaps keep falling down.