Used 2006 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 111 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

I love my Aveo!
By jcseinar

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought an Aveo as a commuter car. I have never driven anything but a truck, so downsizing was a little hard to get used to. I have driven this Aveo everyday for the past year and a half without any trouble whatsoever. I change the oil and perform regular maintenance, but this car has been 100% free of trouble. It runs like a top. I get great gas mileage at about 42 MPG.

Engine is great; hatchback is handy and hauls a lot of stuff.

I added an armrest between the front bucket seats. The ride is very comfortable.

Really Reliable Car
By JDS

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car has been very reliable! Bought brand new, and now have over 60,000 miles and never a mechanical problem! Many domestic cars seem to have problems by this time.

Very good visibility, easy to drive.

Gets blown all over by wind. A car this size should get 40+mpg, not low 30s. Cars this size in Japan regularly get 60mpg. Due to US regulations, car only gets low 30s. Not Chevy's fault. Mechanically excellent, problems I've stated are only nit-picking. Excellent buy for the price!

to many probelms
By fgsmith

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Has had 4 sets of headlights in 2 yrs. 2 full sets of tires. Needs serpentine belt @ 40,000 these problems are not resolved ignition coil replaced @ 20,000 miles. New sunroof @less than 5000 mp3 player didn't last six months. Struts @ 20,000 miles. Gear shift assembly @ 15,000. Car dies in traffic @times other times won't start a lot of problems seem to be electrical in origin. Other mechanics say the car has been wrecked. I bought it new. The car only has 40,000 on it now. Gas mileage not as good as advertised also had crank sensor replaced @ 15,000.

like the size and how it drives most of time.

more mechanically reliable car

Great Little Car
By rharris

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car is a lot of fun to drive and handles well in city and country driving. Seats are a little hard for long trips. Needs more cup holders.

Body style and quick response in city traffic situations

Better seats and an upgraded stereo system.

Great Buy for the Money
By t92168

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I can honestly say that I've been very impressed with this car. It's done everything that I've asked of it. It handles well, is incredibly reliable, and isn't bad looking. I'm a large man and the interior room is great! I looked at the Ford Focus and Fusion, as well as the Chevy HHR before picking the Aveo and couldn't be happier with my decision. Of course, if I had paid $30k instead of $15k for this car, I would have expected significantly more overall quality of materials and fit. But you can't beat this for the money!

I think my favorite features are the sunroof and the fact that it locks itself if you forget.

The only minor complaints that I had were with lack of a jack for an MP3 player and power mirrors for both sides, not just the passenger side. Both were corrected in the '07 model. I would still like to see a higher end stereo option, though.