Used 2006 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

to many probelms
By fgsmith

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Has had 4 sets of headlights in 2 yrs. 2 full sets of tires. Needs serpentine belt @ 40,000 these problems are not resolved ignition coil replaced @ 20,000 miles. New sunroof @less than 5000 mp3 player didn't last six months. Struts @ 20,000 miles. Gear shift assembly @ 15,000. Car dies in traffic @times other times won't start a lot of problems seem to be electrical in origin. Other mechanics say the car has been wrecked. I bought it new. The car only has 40,000 on it now. Gas mileage not as good as advertised also had crank sensor replaced @ 15,000.

Favorite Features

like the size and how it drives most of time.

Suggested Improvements

more mechanically reliable car

Great Little Car
By rharris

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car is a lot of fun to drive and handles well in city and country driving. Seats are a little hard for long trips. Needs more cup holders.

Favorite Features

Body style and quick response in city traffic situations

Suggested Improvements

Better seats and an upgraded stereo system.

Great Buy for the Money
By t92168

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I can honestly say that I've been very impressed with this car. It's done everything that I've asked of it. It handles well, is incredibly reliable, and isn't bad looking. I'm a large man and the interior room is great! I looked at the Ford Focus and Fusion, as well as the Chevy HHR before picking the Aveo and couldn't be happier with my decision. Of course, if I had paid $30k instead of $15k for this car, I would have expected significantly more overall quality of materials and fit. But you can't beat this for the money!

Favorite Features

I think my favorite features are the sunroof and the fact that it locks itself if you forget.

Suggested Improvements

The only minor complaints that I had were with lack of a jack for an MP3 player and power mirrors for both sides, not just the passenger side. Both were corrected in the '07 model. I would still like to see a higher end stereo option, though.

Not bad at all for the price
By aveorider

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Aveo for about two years now. Going on 27k miles and the car responds well. The size of the car is illusory because it's so small when you see it but inside it's quite roomy. For the price and with the price of gas in Los Angeles, it's perfect and really enjoy. The best part, I'll have it paid off within the next three months.

Favorite Features

Compact size. Speed and performance on highways. Very roomy interior and versatile with rear seat movements.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger tires. More fuel economy. More power when speeding up and torque ability on inclines.

The price is right
By mark schmid

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Good price and no problems so far with 16,000 on it. Nice looking in and out and more room than expected but could do better on mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Smaller engine? Bigger wheels? Something to improve mileage