Used 2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Little car that can
By Jamie

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After comparing many different makes and models I finally settled on the Aveo. And it has not disappointed. I use my car for both personal and business uses, so I wanted good fuel economy(don't we all!) and interior room. I can honestly say that my Aveo is a better overall car and value than the 2007 Hyundai Accent and 2006 Kia Rio that I also tested and compared. The steering and suspension is tight and responsive. The engine is only rated at 103HP (lower than both the accent and rio) but it has good torque (especially from 1st to 2nd gear) to get you up to speed. Overall the cars performance and drive is better than I expected from a car of this size.

Interior room, fuel economy, 15 inch aluminum wheels and the stylish exterior design of the hatchback. The price (less than $13,000).

Improve the audio system (more speakers!), dash layout- get rid of the lights that stay on to tell me that the passenger airbag is off!, needs an interior hatchback release.

Nice Car Fun to Drive
By Vince

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought both 2006 sedan and hatchback within 2 days. Both are automatics, they handle nice on the highway, are a very quiet ride and have a very roomy interior. Gas mileage is 27-28 for both with a/c and mixed hwy/city. Haven't taken a trip yet to see Hwy mileage. We have less than 500 miles on the engine and hope to see more improved mileage. So far we are very happy with our purchases.

Upgraded sound system, power sunroof, interior comfort, luxury car standards and upgrades ie: Keyless entry, 1-4 locking system, fog lights, Cruise control, MP3 player, impressive body style.

No center console, Longer body style for the hatchback,

Better than you think!
By ss

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been all over the US since bought. It has carried more than 25 cases of vegetables from a case sale without complaint and with minimal impact on its gas mileage, In Summer! It isn't the prettiest car. I call it "TC" which is short for Tin Can. But for solid, reliable, cheap transportation, you flat out cannot beat it!

Dependable. Solid. Good gas mileage.

Two large cup holes not one large and one small.

MPG, not what I expected
By Free4

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for the gas mileage so far not what I expected 21 mpg, maybe after it breaks in it will improve. For some reason I find when hitting the brakes it will pulsate at times,( No ABS )will take back to dealer for check. The car rides very good otherwise.

AC very cold, Very peppy, Good ride, fair comfort level.

More leg room, better seat adjustments better Gas mileage,

Fun to drive
By John Thayer

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Love my Aveo. Getting 33 mpg going to and from work (very little stop and go driving). Love the way it handles. Pretty good power for a small car. About the only things I don't like are the coffee mug holders (block the radio and heater) and bad visibility (blind spots) from the rear window. Why are they making all these cars with tiny rear windows? Course, I love small cars. Just upgraded from my Metro and I love being able to pass without fear of falling behind the car I'm trying to pass.

• SUV