Used 2006 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Poor Gas Mileage
By Dissapointed

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, comfortable and attractive. Good visibility for a petite driver. Very disappointed in gas mileage. For the first year I owned it, I comuted 60 miles RT daily, mostly freeway speeds, and never got over 29 mpg. I am a good driver who regularly go 38-40 out of my Saturn SL1, and expected this car to exceed the federal ratings. I was very disappointed to discover that the ratings are a total fairy tales. Best mileage ever was 29, and usually got 25-27.

Fit, comfort, overall performance.

Dislike confusing center console shifter. Even after 2 years, I have to look to double check what gear I am in. Also poor gas mileage.

Awesome for a used rental!
By screwwiit

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I used to drive a 1993 Dodge Intrepid. After 15 years the transmission finally went out! I settled with the Aveo after finding it around the block. I bought it with 49252 miles on it and it's been a blast since! Gets me everywhere, has a lot of get up and go for a little car. Heats and cools fast and taking trips to the coast are fantastic! Handles great! I love driving my car and the head room is incredible. Also I don't know how I did it but I fit a readmill in it and closed the trunk lid! This car hasn't stopped blowing my mind! Awesome choice, great economic value and the price wasnt bad too.

The hold button. I live near the mountains so trying to drive in gravel it helps.

Give it a stronger horn! I feel like the road runner from the acme cartoons? meep meep!

4 door wonder!
By Luvmyaveo

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I can not believe how much fun it is to drive this "babycar"! My friends call it my Jelly Bean and they are astonished at how much room it has inside, and how much we can haul with just 2 of us. We fold the rear seats down and off to Costo we go! This car has the heart of a Corvette, and the fuel economy of a smart car. It is a treat to drive and own!

Roominess, power, and yet economical

Power locks and windows

I love my Aveo!
By jcseinar

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought an Aveo as a commuter car. I have never driven anything but a truck, so downsizing was a little hard to get used to. I have driven this Aveo everyday for the past year and a half without any trouble whatsoever. I change the oil and perform regular maintenance, but this car has been 100% free of trouble. It runs like a top. I get great gas mileage at about 42 MPG.

Engine is great; hatchback is handy and hauls a lot of stuff.

I added an armrest between the front bucket seats. The ride is very comfortable.

Really Reliable Car
By JDS

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car has been very reliable! Bought brand new, and now have over 60,000 miles and never a mechanical problem! Many domestic cars seem to have problems by this time.

Very good visibility, easy to drive.

Gets blown all over by wind. A car this size should get 40+mpg, not low 30s. Cars this size in Japan regularly get 60mpg. Due to US regulations, car only gets low 30s. Not Chevy's fault. Mechanically excellent, problems I've stated are only nit-picking. Excellent buy for the price!