2006 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews 7

2006 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

2006 Aveo Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Little car that can
By Jamie

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After comparing many different makes and models I finally settled on the Aveo. And it has not disappointed. I use my car for both personal and business uses, so I wanted good fuel economy(don't we all!) and interior room. I can honestly say that my Aveo is a better overall car and value than the 2007 Hyundai Accent and 2006 Kia Rio that I also tested and compared. The steering and suspension is tight and responsive. The engine is only rated at 103HP (lower than both the accent and rio) but it has good torque (especially from 1st to 2nd gear) to get you up to speed. Overall the cars performance and drive is better than I expected from a car of this size.

Favorite Features

Interior room, fuel economy, 15 inch aluminum wheels and the stylish exterior design of the hatchback. The price (less than $13,000).

Suggested Improvements

Improve the audio system (more speakers!), dash layout- get rid of the lights that stay on to tell me that the passenger airbag is off!, needs an interior hatchback release.

Nice Car Fun to Drive
By Vince

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought both 2006 sedan and hatchback within 2 days. Both are automatics, they handle nice on the highway, are a very quiet ride and have a very roomy interior. Gas mileage is 27-28 for both with a/c and mixed hwy/city. Haven't taken a trip yet to see Hwy mileage. We have less than 500 miles on the engine and hope to see more improved mileage. So far we are very happy with our purchases.

Favorite Features

Upgraded sound system, power sunroof, interior comfort, luxury car standards and upgrades ie: Keyless entry, 1-4 locking system, fog lights, Cruise control, MP3 player, impressive body style.

Suggested Improvements

No center console, Longer body style for the hatchback,

Better than you think!
By ss

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been all over the US since bought. It has carried more than 25 cases of vegetables from a case sale without complaint and with minimal impact on its gas mileage, In Summer! It isn't the prettiest car. I call it "TC" which is short for Tin Can. But for solid, reliable, cheap transportation, you flat out cannot beat it!

Favorite Features

Dependable. Solid. Good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Two large cup holes not one large and one small.

MPG, not what I expected
By Free4

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for the gas mileage so far not what I expected 21 mpg, maybe after it breaks in it will improve. For some reason I find when hitting the brakes it will pulsate at times,( No ABS )will take back to dealer for check. The car rides very good otherwise.

Favorite Features

AC very cold, Very peppy, Good ride, fair comfort level.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room, better seat adjustments better Gas mileage,

Fun to drive
By John Thayer

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Love my Aveo. Getting 33 mpg going to and from work (very little stop and go driving). Love the way it handles. Pretty good power for a small car. About the only things I don't like are the coffee mug holders (block the radio and heater) and bad visibility (blind spots) from the rear window. Why are they making all these cars with tiny rear windows? Course, I love small cars. Just upgraded from my Metro and I love being able to pass without fear of falling behind the car I'm trying to pass.

Visibility
By N. Bruce White

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

One of the main reasons that attracted me to this vehicle was the wonderful visibility. I found that my eyes easisly and comfortability could continually view all around the outside of the vehicle. No straining to make sharp turns. Adequate seat and mirror adjustments. A very efficient vehicile to maneuver, and drive relaxed.

Favorite Features

It is a cute car

Suggested Improvements

Put an arm rest to the right of the driver.

A Neat Little Car
By GOOSE4909

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Zips around neatly in traffic and has plenty of zip on the interstate. Decent gas mileage [I get about 36 overall]. Easy to enter and exit the vehicle. Seats could use a little more padding but you do sit up nice and straight.

Favorite Features

I love that you must lock the driverís door with the key---my wife often locks her keys in her car.

Suggested Improvements

Shifting is uncomfortable and not as smooth as I would expect.

2006 Chevrolet Aveo SVM Manual Hatchback
By 79type2

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was going to wait a month after purchase to rate this car, but I feel I have driven it enough to comment. This vehicle has so far met and surpassed all my expectations. The sheet metal folds around the doors, hood, and hatch are all sealed (Something $34,000+ Dodge Chargers don't even have). The hatch shuts with VW like quality (No slamming necessary). This car is fun to drive and doesn't take long to get up to speed (Once you get going you barely have to give it gas). I'm really surprised by some of the negative comments I have seen regarding this car. It's a much better deal than the Yaris Liftback or Scion Xa, neither of which looks half as good inside or out.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, great price, especially great build quality for price, convient interior layout, excellent interior room for both front and rear passengers and baggage, European exterior styling, actually very fun to drive, good handling, more than adequate performance, nice "little touches."

Suggested Improvements

Wider hatchback opening with lower bottom lip would make loading easier.

Out of the box
By huey7018

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great small car. Lots of driver room. Use as a commuter car and love the fuel economy. When comparing price/ comfort/ economy this is a hard car to beat.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, get up and go.

Suggested Improvements

Not the most comfortable vehicle when it comes to long hauls(2-3hrs.) Windshield wipers noisy.

Whoa, Gas Prices..
By asdf

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Well bought this for my 18 year old to get her Drivers Lic. We love driving it and if you are nice you get very good gas mileage. We have gotten 30 in the city. If you are bad and drive it hard you will get 22 - 25 MPG.

Favorite Features

It's cute and easy to park.

Suggested Improvements

Turbo