2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Excellent
By Robert Brennan on 01/14/06 20:56 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned the Aveo for a month. Very roomy inside for driver and passenger. Good pickup. Great fuel economy. Responsive handling. Fun to drive. Very pleased so far with the car.

Awful gas mileage
By gangrel101 on 01/14/06 11:15 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I had just bought my Aveo broke it in and took it to Chicago, While on the highway my mileage averaged 25, this is going at a constant speed. Now that I am back home I filled up last night and I am getting 22 miles per gallon. This car does not get anywhere close to the mileage they say and I took it in and they claimed nothing is wrong with it. So don't buy this car for the mileage!

Disappointing MPG
By Pat B on 01/07/06 12:51 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased '06 Aveo mid October '05 with main objective "minimizing fuel cost" What a disappointment, I am only getting an average 19-20 MPG which is 6 miles less per gallon than my Grand Prix. Overpaid for this car $13,000+ which is my fault, but I know I could have done better.

Love this car!
By hayhay on 01/06/06 13:44 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so much fun to drive. It doesn't feel like you are even moving and suddenly you are cruising along at 85mph. I definitely recommend taking it for a test drive.

Little burst of sunshine!!!
By Aileen on 11/19/05 12:32 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just picked up my Aveo this past thursday and I am in LOVE!!! I got a manual LT fully loaded in Summer Yellow my payments are great and I couldn't enjoy driving more! This is the best car I have owned second only to my 1991 Volvo Bertone. It zips through traffic with no hesitation at all. It's easy to get in and out of because the seats are nice and high. I had searched for months on the internet looking for a new car that would suit my needs, I travel alot, am a student and don't have alot of money-for those reasons and more the AVEO is perfect. Also the dealership was knowledgeble and friendly, not pushy. I recommend this car to everyone-its the NEW BEETLE!!!!

Getting to know it still....
By Curt on 11/13/05 15:11 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm + 6' and fit comfortable in the front. It reminded me of a diesel Fiat I'de driven in Italy. Main purchase purpose is a commuter car. Seating provides good visability for everyone inside. So far it's a fun nimble, very easily parkable little car. It has the Europeon reverse shift pattern.

Transmision
By bonnie schmidt on 11/03/05 17:21 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The automaitc transmission shifts really, slow when cold. Other than that I love it. Good running, great gas mileage. I would buy another one.

Great car for a small price
By Mike on 10/28/05 13:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Aveo to move from Kansas City to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania and have been driving it everyday. I have no complaints about the car. The price was right for me at the time and I never had to worry about the car not starting etc. at all. It may not be the quickest car on the road but then again, you're not going to be paying for all of the gas the quicker ones do. All in all, great car and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Love out AVEO
By Jane & Jerry on 09/07/05 18:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We got an AVEO LT loaded with all the options including the sun roof. It is fun to drive, seems incredibly roomy inside, even the back seat. There is plenty of trunk room even with the back seat not folded. Never though we could get so much for the money!

I love my Aveo, I named her Beulah
By Laura on 09/05/05 23:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My car is great, she looks great!! If you are thinking about an Aveo Hatchback, go check it out in person! It makes a big difference. They are sharp! There is so much room in mine. I forget that I'm in a small car. In other words, she looks good, she runs good, and shes great on gas. I love my Aveo, and her name is Beulah.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.