Used 2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Value, Fun, Good Mileage
By Rammer

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I use my new Aveo hatch 5 speed for both work and personal use. I am getting close to my first oil change, and have been very pleased with my car. Good pick up, great mileage if you can keep from exceeding the speed limit. Design - basic, clean, and it works. It's a head turner for a small car. No long trips yet, but I know if I keep at double nickels, the mileage is great, so I sacrifice some time and get to smell some roses.

Great seating, lots of head room. Easy entry and exit.

Middle arms rests would be a very nice option for long drives

Glad I Didn't Buy a Fit
By Rhonda

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I did it. After months of readings reviews and comparing similar vehicles, for me the Aveo offered the most car and extras for the best price. I purchased a model that had all of the extras as a package straight from the manufacturer. For those of you caught up in the import hype, I suggest that you strongly check out this vehicle and give an American automaker a chance. I traded in my 2004 Subaru Outback and do not regret it one bit. I am hoping my Aveo will be ever the realiable vehicle that our current 2005 Chevy Silverado has been.

Unique body style. Fold down/up rear seats for cargo space. Blasting cold air conditioning. Sunroof. Cruise control, and last but not least, price!

Softer seats. Armrests. ABS brakes standard as opposed to optional/extra

By Far the Best Buy for the Buck
By Stambaub

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car. Peppy, plenty of room, and 5-speed with cruise control! Ice cold A/C. Sure footed and fast on the freeway, and plenty of interior room for two 6 foot adults with passengers in the rear. Properly configured it can 'swallow' some pretty large objects for hauling through the rear hatch (large TV's, a vertical tank air compressor on its side, etc.).

5-speed with cruise. Toll ticket slot on dash. Driver's seat height adjustor. Savings with GM Card earnings high. Proper in function Hi beam controller (push for on, pull to flash). Easy to park.

Move gas filler door to the driver's side. Put knurling on radio control knobs so you can manipulate them better. Make tuning knob on the radio a normal tuning knob in use, not a spring loaded twist up or down type.

The big Trip
By Gobrowns

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Just wanted to let you all know that I recently drove my little Aveo from Alaska to Texas. This car handled the mountains, rough roads, and the 4,800 miles I put on it in just 5 days. I have the best value hatchback so I don't have all the amenities as the other models but I made it safe and sound and the car held up remarkably well. I've owned the car for 6 months now and 7,000 miles later the only thing I've had to take it into the shop for was the darn hatchback handle broke. Other than that, absolutely, this car is a tank. Oh and by the way I only spent $600 dollars on gas for my 4,800 mile trip!

Gas mileage. it's fun to drive. Love the price, and I like the steering wheel for some reason.

getrid of the annoying passenger airbag light.

2006 Aveo LS
By Billy

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have 600 miles on my new Aveo LS and so far I am pleased. First tank of gas was 32 mpg mostly highway miles. Second tank was 34.5 mpg. I hope it conteniues to go up from here. I bought it as a transportation car to save on gas to and from work but find myself wanting to drive it all the time. I also have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 that I love but at 13 mpg it sits home alot.

MPG, roomy, looks

Same as everyone: armrest, 6th gear on trans, better mileage, 100,000 mile warrenty,

• SUV