2006 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews 6

2006 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Hot Rod
By Richie on 11/09/06 14:28 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car for the money. I own a Honda CRV which gets about only 25mpg. The Aveo gets 33 mpg consistently and has more pep and is easier to manuever. So far no mechanical problems whatsoever and we are very happy with it. It's great both in stop and go traffic and on the long haul rides. I had the oil changed at 3500 miles by the dealer and nothing else had to be done to it. great car.

Great small GM car
By nathan on 10/28/06 18:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car, and it is absolutely great! It has excellent handling, is incredibly easy to park, and people are constantly amazed at how much room the interior has. At first the manual transmission was a little rubbery, but after 9000 miles it has broken in nicely and shifts much better. Absolutely no maintenance problems whatsoever. The car actually seems to be holding up well in Michigan on a dirt road (our normal roads are also pretty nasty). Good ride, definitely easy to push through the curves. Too bad GM can't figure out how to make something similar in America, or without stealing from Daewoo, though.

Value, Fun, Good Mileage
By Rammer on 09/22/06 13:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I use my new Aveo hatch 5 speed for both work and personal use. I am getting close to my first oil change, and have been very pleased with my car. Good pick up, great mileage if you can keep from exceeding the speed limit. Design - basic, clean, and it works. It's a head turner for a small car. No long trips yet, but I know if I keep at double nickels, the mileage is great, so I sacrifice some time and get to smell some roses.

What we wanted
By anotherchevy on 09/11/06 19:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Have had for about a month. Already have over 3000 miles on it. Bought for a third car to drive long distance commute to save on gas. The car is what we expected for a $9000 car. It runs, goes down the road well, is great on gas and is a tin can. Plain Jane and we like it.

Glad I Didn't Buy a Fit
By Rhonda on 09/10/06 10:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I did it. After months of readings reviews and comparing similar vehicles, for me the Aveo offered the most car and extras for the best price. I purchased a model that had all of the extras as a package straight from the manufacturer. For those of you caught up in the import hype, I suggest that you strongly check out this vehicle and give an American automaker a chance. I traded in my 2004 Subaru Outback and do not regret it one bit. I am hoping my Aveo will be ever the realiable vehicle that our current 2005 Chevy Silverado has been.

Great Little Car!
By Debbie on 09/07/06 19:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a nice little car. It handles very well, is reliable, and decent on gas. The interior is clean and attractive. It could be a little bit more comfortable. The headrest and the stiffness of the seats were awkward at first. Also, it is difficult to adjust the air/heat controls when drinks are in the cup holders. The exterior of the car is very appealing though (I have silver). For the right price, it's a good deal. Although, I have seen some, (new), that were a bit excessively priced for what you actually get. Shop around.

By Far the Best Buy for the Buck
By Stambaub on 08/29/06 23:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car. Peppy, plenty of room, and 5-speed with cruise control! Ice cold A/C. Sure footed and fast on the freeway, and plenty of interior room for two 6 foot adults with passengers in the rear. Properly configured it can 'swallow' some pretty large objects for hauling through the rear hatch (large TV's, a vertical tank air compressor on its side, etc.).

The big Trip
By Gobrowns on 08/09/06 08:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Just wanted to let you all know that I recently drove my little Aveo from Alaska to Texas. This car handled the mountains, rough roads, and the 4,800 miles I put on it in just 5 days. I have the best value hatchback so I don't have all the amenities as the other models but I made it safe and sound and the car held up remarkably well. I've owned the car for 6 months now and 7,000 miles later the only thing I've had to take it into the shop for was the darn hatchback handle broke. Other than that, absolutely, this car is a tank. Oh and by the way I only spent $600 dollars on gas for my 4,800 mile trip!

2006 Aveo LS
By Billy on 07/30/06 18:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have 600 miles on my new Aveo LS and so far I am pleased. First tank of gas was 32 mpg mostly highway miles. Second tank was 34.5 mpg. I hope it conteniues to go up from here. I bought it as a transportation car to save on gas to and from work but find myself wanting to drive it all the time. I also have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 that I love but at 13 mpg it sits home alot.

Good deal
By jim on 07/27/06 11:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a new sedan with manual for $7345. Deducted my GM balance of 3395. and walked out with a new vehicle for under $4000. Does it get any better than that? 35 mpg so far and fun to drive. Plus a 60,000 mile warranty. I can add air, and cruise if I desire, and CD players are available at salvage yards for under $100.